The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 6:58 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Purely speculating but he's gonna borrow endless amounts of money to bring all these jobs back and make America great again right?

The US only has 5% unemployment currently (is that actually correct though?) if so though is he going to bring presumably manual /mid to low skilled jobs back to those areas that do need them?

Last edited by dimejinky99 on Tue November 15, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 7:01 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Well if he deports all the illegal immigrants there will be a ton of jobs available so

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 7:07 pm 

Well that's where I was going kind of. Economies usually do well when the lowest paid are near fulll employment and getting paid fairly or well. He's gonna have to find that workforce somewhere.

Plus if he really wants to make US companies overseas come home, say like Apple have a bunch of their infrastructure here (campuses :roll: ) cos we're English speaking and one of the better Educated workforces in Europe.
So say they're forced home, where do you put those campuses and where do you find the staff? Inevitably they'll end up in or near big cities right? Not where the jobs are ended.

Again purely speculation

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 7:22 pm 
The Master

Ill be very curious how the Eagle County (where i live) economy will do if deportations do in fact move forward. I am sure there are many illegals here but they absolutely run our town from construction to service and hotel staff.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 8:38 pm 
Polluted

Did Trump tone down the deportation stuff? Now he's just going to go after the 2-3 million "criminals"?

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 8:39 pm 
Rank This Poster

This is one of the intelligence community #NeverTrumpers who rethought his stance in the aftermath of the election who previously worked in the State Department. I guess he reached out to the Trump camp.

I think this kind of thing may be an increasingly big story, their difficulty in staffing.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 10:18 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 10:37 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
So I just assume we will be plunged into a war, regulation will cause a collapse of the economy and housing market, war will escalate, we will re-elect him in 2020 and the circle goes round and round?

I don't think we'll be "plunged," per se. They'll spend s couple years ramping up arms production and armed forces enlistment; then, like all business based on hard assets, they'll say "Shit, we have all these new weapons and employees, we need to make our assets make money." It will start with a series of skirmishes, then somewhere around year 3 or 4, we'll declare war on whoever -- just in time to start the "Don't change horses mid-stream" argument for 2020.

He's too unpredictable to guess how he will be on the war front. Hillary was as reliable a hawk as they come, but Trump could either go completely isolationist and leave our allies around the world to die or start World War 3 over a mild slight. Who can say?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 10:39 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I was against a Trump presidency, but the liberals need to quit crying. Enough now. The campaign is over and real life begins. (I'm talking especially to you New York Times). The past few days have been so embarrassing, it's made me a fucking Trump apologist! He's not going to become a dictator. The minute he tries to round up illegals into concentration camps, or suppress free speech, or implement an alt-right agenda, or do whatever else the idiots in the street are screaming about, a united country would throw him on his ass. Have some faith and respect for the checks and balances this country was founded on for chrissake. Of course, the left always screams that every legitimate conservative policy idea is racist/sexist/homophobic, etc. (and I agree that this tendency to cry wolf is what motivated the F YOU vote in the first place!!). But still, watch now for wholly legitimate policy ideas to be lumped in as racist and sexist. Bragging about assaulting women? Sexist. Repealing Obamacare? Not sexist. But the difference won't matter to the left and the mainstream media. Calling all Mexicans rapists? (Something he didn't do, by the way.) Racist. Enforcing immigration law? Not racist. But the difference won't matter to the left and the mainstream media. That's why I was for any of the republican nominee but Trump. Everyone just needs to fucking cool it and let this dude cement his own legacy.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 10:43 pm 

From extreme fringe to centre stage: the rise of Breitbart News

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us ... -1.2869343

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 11:10 pm 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:

just saw a link to an article about this :haha:

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 11:23 pm 
The Master

pnjguy wrote:
I was against a Trump presidency, but the liberals need to quit crying. Enough now. The campaign is over and real life begins. (I'm talking especially to you New York Times). The past few days have been so embarrassing, it's made me a fucking Trump apologist! He's not going to become a dictator. The minute he tries to round up illegals into concentration camps, or suppress free speech, or implement an alt-right agenda, or do whatever else the idiots in the street are screaming about, a united country would throw him on his ass. Have some faith and respect for the checks and balances this country was founded on for chrissake. Of course, the left always screams that every legitimate conservative policy idea is racist/sexist/homophobic, etc. (and I agree that this tendency to cry wolf is what motivated the F YOU vote in the first place!!). But still, watch now for wholly legitimate policy ideas to be lumped in as racist and sexist. Bragging about assaulting women? Sexist. Repealing Obamacare? Not sexist. But the difference won't matter to the left and the mainstream media. Calling all Mexicans rapists? (Something he didn't do, by the way.) Racist. Enforcing immigration law? Not racist. But the difference won't matter to the left and the mainstream media. That's why I was for any of the republican nominee but Trump. Everyone just needs to fucking cool it and let this dude cement his own legacy.

He's doing a great job so far!

http://www.warren.senate.gov/files/docu ... Letter.pdf

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 11:35 pm 
Major Dude

Elizabeth Warren kicks ass.

He probably used that letter as toilet paper.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 11:36 pm 
The Master

pnjguy wrote:

Also, do you know the people that will help shape his policy? People are scared for a good reason. This isn't the liberal mainstream media fake out here

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 11:51 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Strat wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

Also, do you know the people that will help shape his policy? People are scared for a good reason. This isn't the liberal mainstream media fake out here

Yeah they're called Republicans. They same ones that have been in the game for years. Point missed as usual.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 11:51 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

Yeah they're called Republicans. They same ones that have been in the game for years. Point missed as usual.

Pence and Bannon are not normal republicans.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 11:53 pm 

Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

Pence is the ultimate old school conservative christian republican. What are you talking about?

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 11:55 pm 
Production Police

Conflicts of interest are apparent in Giuliani's potential appointment:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/g ... cts-231413

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 11:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

hey burt

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 11:58 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
pnjguy wrote:

Pence is the ultimate old school conservative christian republican. What are you talking about?

Fine. You still have Bannon. Are you saying liberals should shut the fuck up and wait to see what Donald Trump does? That he might just surprise us? C'mon, burt. Now you are being an idiot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate