The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 6:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

“LOL @ Democrats suddenly trusting Russia not to have manipulated the votes, just because this time they made it look like there was a blue wave. Pretty suspicious!”

- Conservative oped column, Early December 2018

PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 6:32 pm 
Major Dude

McParadigm wrote:
Hakuna Matata

That first sentence makes it sound like he feels bad the Russians are going to have to work so hard to interfere. He’s sympathetic to them.

PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 6:58 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Trumpworld (as told in the first person of DJT):
    Barrack & Hillary were soft on Russia (look at how they responded to Syria & Crimea)
    The relationship between the USA & Russia had never been worse (until I met with Putin for the 4th time in a year, this year, it went great!)
    Russia, and some other people ('lotta people out there), interfered in 2016 and colluded with the Dems
    I don't like the investigation of that interference/collusion because it hasn't turned up Hillary's server
    I don't think Russia will do anything this time around because they're going to visit the WH in the fall and it will be great (again!)
    If Russia does interfere again (or is it the first time? remember, it might not have been them last time), it will be really hard for them to collude with the Dems because I'm being so tough on them (whilst maintaining the best relationship with them, ever! And why shouldn't we have a good relationship?)
    Draining the swamp means getting people that disagree with me to (a) be fired, (b) resign, (c) be stripped of prior security clearance, and/or (d) not run for re-election
Did I forget anything?

PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 7:31 pm 
The Master

elliseamos wrote:
Trumpworld (as told in the first person of DJT):
    Barrack & Hillary were soft on Russia (look at how they responded to Syria & Crimea)
    The relationship between the USA & Russia had never been worse (until I met with Putin for the 4th time in a year, this year, it went great!)
    Russia, and some other people ('lotta people out there), interfered in 2016 and colluded with the Dems
    I don't like the investigation of that interference/collusion because it hasn't turned up Hillary's server
    I don't think Russia will do anything this time around because they're going to visit the WH in the fall and it will be great (again!)
    If Russia does interfere again (or is it the first time? remember, it might not have been them last time), it will be really hard for them to collude with the Dems because I'm being so tough on them (whilst maintaining the best relationship with them, ever! And why shouldn't we have a good relationship?)
    Draining the swamp means getting people that disagree with me to (a) be fired, (b) resign, (c) be stripped of prior security clearance, and/or (d) not run for re-election
Did I forget anything?

- grab them by the pussy

PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 8:15 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm previously wrote:
Meeting alone with Putin right after this information comes out is, among other things, exactly the type of event that breaks through the firewall and reaches low information voters (similar to, say, an email security scandal). It’s one of those things where you go “if nothing before now was enough to matter, surely this won’t mean a thing,” and then it surprises you.

Even a 1% move in favor of Democrats is incredibly dangerous for Republicans right now. They must know they can’t stop him from having the meeting (and maybe a joint presser?). I wonder how they’ll try to mitigate the damage once leadership gets its act together.

Today:

This would be a 5 point drop in approval from what we saw in the last poll conducted entirely before the meetup. If it gets backed up by other polling, he is going to have to do a lot more than buy off farmers.

PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 9:08 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 10:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

everything seems to be going well

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 11:10 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I've been pretty vocal with "friends" of mine who are pro Trump, pro standing for the anthem, etc. that associate those things with supporting veterans. When I contradict their beliefs, they are appalled. I've had more than one person ask "well where did you serve?" as if I didn't see conflict or something that my liberal veteran beliefs wouldn't mean as much. When I explain that I was in combat in three separate conflicts, including two initiated by a republican, they still dismiss me as if I have no idea what I'm talking about. The far right Trump supporters have now basically used the whole fake-news attitude to dismiss anything and everything. It has gotten to me lately. Like, really affected me and my attitude towards things and humanity, at least in this country

PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 11:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I've been pretty vocal with "friends" of mine who are pro Trump, pro standing for the anthem, etc. that associate those things with supporting veterans. When I contradict their beliefs, they are appalled. I've had more than one person ask "well where did you serve?" as if I didn't see conflict or something that my liberal veteran beliefs wouldn't mean as much. When I explain that I was in combat in three separate conflicts, including two initiated by a republican, they still dismiss me as if I have no idea what I'm talking about. The far right Trump supporters have now basically used the whole fake-news attitude to dismiss anything and everything. It has gotten to me lately. Like, really affected me and my attitude towards things and humanity, at least in this country

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 12:58 am 
Rank This Poster

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

It’s almost impossible to even have a conversation with people now. Appreciate your viewpoint and your service to the country.

I know there are plenty of rational people in the world, they are likely not calling as much attention to themselves.

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 1:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

So did Giuliani leak this tape thinking it was good for Trump (it’s not)? Or did Cohen leak this tape to remind his boss how much worse it can get, if he is cut loose?

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 1:45 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

it is scary how ignorant some of these characters are

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 1:46 am 
Mind Your Tanners

McParadigm wrote:
So did Giuliani leak this tape thinking it was good for Trump (it’s not)? Or did Cohen leak this tape to remind his boss how much worse it can get, if he is cut loose?

I'd bet the former. Also, 1 public opinion point shall be awarded to team Cohen for confirming that the payment should be by check.

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 2:23 am 
Mind Your Tanners

elliseamos wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

I'd bet the former. Also, 1 public opinion point shall be awarded to team Cohen for confirming that the payment should be by check.

It's now treated like common knowledge that lanny davis released this

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 2:36 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

elliseamos wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

It's now treated like common knowledge that lanny davis released this

So team Cohen then, but not necessarily for the reason I speculated.

Either way it’s combative now

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 7:37 am 
what on earth am I talking about

You guys should really be watching this show

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 2:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I mean, previously “known,” but now...confirmed.
Quote:
President Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen formed a shell company with the intent of using it to pay a former Playboy model for the rights to her story claiming an affair with Trump, according to a new report.

Cohen created Resolution Consultants LLC in late September 2016, just weeks before the election, a person familiar with the situation told the Wall Street Journal.

The existence of the Delaware-based shell company had been previously reported by the Wall Street Journal, but it was not known that Cohen intended to use it to pay Karen McDougal.

The report comes days after it was revealed that Cohen secretly recorded Trump discussing the possible payment.

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 5:05 pm 
A Return To Form

White House reportedly stops releasing Trump's calls with foreign leaders after spate of embarrassing leaks
https://www.sfgate.com/technology/busin ... 102951.php

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 6:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Quote:
It was perhaps the most explosive exchange in an incendiary press conference: Russian President Vladimir Putin appearing to frankly admit to a motive for, and maybe even to the act of, meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, despite repeatedly denying Russian interference in American politics during the rest of his appearance with Donald Trump in Finland on Monday.

But the exchange doesn’t appear in full in the White House’s live-stream or transcript of the press conference, and it’s missing entirely from the Kremlin’s transcript of the event. The White House did not immediately provide an explanation for the discrepancy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... pt/565385/

PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 7:32 pm 
A Return To Form

White House delays Trump-Putin meeting, blames Mueller probe
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/ ... ear-740492

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate