The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1300, 1301, 1302, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2024 5:49 am 
what on earth am I talking about

I found a certain RMer in the wild. Oh boy. This is…. Wild

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2024 4:03 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Someone here in my city has put up at least 4 billboards that is just the giant picture of Trump with his arm around Epstein. No words, no credit for the billboard.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2024 9:49 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Someone here in my city has put up at least 4 billboards that is just the giant picture of Trump with his arm around Epstein. No words, no credit for the billboard.

Haha wtf

For the past nearly four years, we pass a massive Trump 2024 billboard on the way to our lake place. At first blush, it look like it’s outside the town’s police headquarters, but they’ve now put up a smaller sign stating they have nothing to do with the billboard.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 2:10 pm 
The Master

Is this real? I honestly don’t know anymore.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 8:19 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 11:53 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Gird yourself.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2024 1:17 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

i resolve to be nowhere near this thread from now until the end of my life, which i hope ends on November 4th.

Last edited by Alex on Tue March 19, 2024 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2024 11:13 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Anyone got a spare $454m laying around?

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2024 12:25 am 
Major Dude

Isn’t he too rich to have to pay any bonds? If so, he should have no problems with it. He is a multibillionaire after all.

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2024 9:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2024 11:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

As much as I hate Trump for what he's done to politics, this is all very problematic and unjust relative to this "crime". Asset seizures, hundreds of millions in a bond, a scary precedent... and god help us if he's re-elected after all this.

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2024 11:56 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, bad precedent. Soon, there will be huge lack of giant corporations defrauding us. It's a bleak future.

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2024 5:44 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
Yeah, bad precedent. Soon, there will be huge lack of giant corporations defrauding us. It's a bleak future.

Who was defrauded? Was a loan not made because he took a larger loan that he should have? What's the theory here?

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2024 2:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

Who was defrauded? Was a loan not made because he took a larger loan that he should have? What's the theory here?

What’s the harm in falsifying business records, issuing false financial statements, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, and conspiracy to falsify business records? It’s not like he stole makeup from a Target, or one of the other victimful crimes

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2024 3:52 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

What’s the harm in falsifying business records, issuing false financial statements, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, and conspiracy to falsify business records? It’s not like he stole makeup from a Target, or one of the other victimful crimes

Process crimes, the horror.

Insurance fraud is an aspect I had not considered so thanks for the note. I presume that's a gimme if the underlying 'improper valuation' occurs.

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2024 5:06 am 
Broken Tamborine

wease wrote:
Isn’t he too rich to have to pay any bonds? If so, he should have no problems with it. He is a multibillionaire after all.

Well how did he get his billions of dollars then? Because he is good businessman that's why. Money don't just appear out of thin air.

Be right back, Nigerian prince is on phone.

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2024 12:33 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

Insurance fraud is an aspect I had not considered so thanks for the note. I presume that's a gimme if the underlying 'improper valuation' occurs.

He clearly oversized that one apartment on purpose, so a $460M+ judgement makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2024 1:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

He clearly oversized that one apartment on purpose, so a $460M+ judgement makes sense.

Quote:
Nearly half of the $355 million — $168 million — represents the interest that Mr. Trump saved through repeated false disclosures. The remaining sum represents his profit on the recent sale of two properties that were part of the scheme.

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2024 1:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

Quote:
Nearly half of the $355 million — $168 million — represents the interest that Mr. Trump saved through repeated false disclosures. The remaining sum represents his profit on the recent sale of two properties that were part of the scheme.

Sure, but weren't most of the false disclosures highly subjective overvaluations based on them submitting different valuations at different times? In other words, deceptive but legal behaviors? They can claim whatever estimated value they want and if the lender disagrees it can laugh them out of the room, right? I really dont know the case as I dont enojy anything about Trump but I havent heard anything that says they did anything different than standard practice for high value assets (shitty but legal).

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2024 3:57 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Maybe we should have a trial so that a judge could review evidence of Trump conspiring with his co-defendents to knowingly misrepresent his assets. I refuse to believe anything until such a trial takes place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1300, 1301, 1302, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate