The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 551, 552, 553, 554, 555, 556, 557 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:16 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I wonder which side will be first to realize that apologizing is the worst thing you could do when the mob turns on you.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 1:08 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
I think I prefer cunts and apes to whatever this is Image

i support the cause of the black guy that appears to have stepped over a half dozen people to reach the watermelon

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 1:18 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

96583UP wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I think I prefer cunts and apes to whatever this is Image

i support the cause of the black guy that appears to have stepped over a half dozen people to reach the watermelon

There goes 96583UP's sitcom.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 1:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i know black people

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 4:02 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 11:21 am 
AnalLog

The fuck is this obsession with coal? It's an antiquated form of energy with incredibly limited employment and zero future growth.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 1:25 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Man Republicans sure are the party of free markets.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 2:25 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

jwfocker wrote:
The fuck is this obsession with coal? It's an antiquated form of energy with incredibly limited employment and zero future growth.

It is weird. I mean doesn't everyone say when they hate their job that its "like working in a coal mine"? Its the worst job yet someone how its been held up as the holy grail of hard working white jesus fearin' Americans.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 2:31 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The fixation with old infrastructure models is an outgrowth of the fixation with old America. Far more disturbing is the use of White House authorities to mandate such a choice. Sort of like how the false equivalency of “cunt” vs racism should be much less upsetting than the White House directly demanding the cancellation of a television show.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 2:45 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
The fixation with old infrastructure models is an outgrowth of the fixation with old America. Far more disturbing is the use of White House authorities to mandate such a choice. Sort of like how the false equivalency of “cunt” vs racism should be much less upsetting than the White House directly demanding the cancellation of a television show.

Interesting idea. I assumed it was just his pathetic reliance on past relationships and partners for every single decision that kept him focused on what is literally the worst mass-produced fuel source.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 2:51 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

This dumb motherfucker just started a trade war with us.

Hopefully none of you work in the industries that are about to lose jobs because of it.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 3:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

At this point I'm pretty sure that most industries are affected by his decisions.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 3:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Interesting idea. I assumed it was just his pathetic reliance on past relationships and partners for every single decision that kept him focused on what is literally the worst mass-produced fuel source.

Apologies. I was referring to his base, not to him. Sort of like how it IS true that old America saw a word like cunt as infinitely more horrific than monkey-referencing race jokes (like, in my own childhood that was the case), so playing the “she said, she said” game there works really well for him with his voters.

I agree with you that Trump’s motivations are a bit more linear. I think that, as with the trade conflicts, he is feeding his base at all costs because he knows he is going to need them. They like the might flexing, the feeling of getting “better deals,” and the sense of exceptionalism...but they like old America more than anything, and often see themselves as its last true protectors.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 3:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

As an aside, I also think he’s making a terrible mistake. America is at peak public turmoil levels NOW, with a STRONG economy. Americans do not suffer hardship particularly well, and far more popular administrations have suffered badly when things went financially south.

He’s trading immediate, feverish support among his people for very high odds of bigger problems down the road.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 3:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Apologies. I was referring to his base, not to him. Sort of like how it IS true that old America saw a word like cunt as infinitely more horrific than monkey-referencing race jokes (like, in my own childhood that was the case), so playing the “she said, she said” game there works really well for him with his voters.

I agree with you that Trump’s motivations are a bit more linear. I think that, as with the trade conflicts, he is feeding his base at all costs because he knows he is going to need them. They like the might flexing, the feeling of getting “better deals,” and the sense of exceptionalism...but they like old America more than anything, and often see themselves as its last true protectors.

I bet you could argue that a 'fixation with old America' is really a fixation with his own long-gone youth.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 3:33 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

McParadigm wrote:
As an aside, I also think he’s making a terrible mistake. America is at peak public turmoil levels NOW, with a STRONG economy. Americans do not suffer hardship particularly well, and far more popular administrations have suffered badly when things went financially south.

He’s trading immediate, feverish support among his people for very high odds of bigger problems down the road.

Can I interest you in a twitter thread?

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 4:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The 4 Biggest Consequences of Trump's Disastrous Tariff Plan

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 7:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

So far, North Korea has gotten several key bucket list items that it has sought for years, primarily relating to being viewed as an equal. The United States has gotten nothing. They toyed with us and we cancelled in a panic, only to apologetically reach out for a restart when we realized how scared we looked.

Today, the president hosted North Korea’s top spy chief, known best for the killing of South Koreans, at the White House for an hour. “We did not discuss human rights,” he said, but admitted to embracing several of NK’s timeline preferences regarding any future agreements.

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 7:10 pm 
Poster of the Year

negotiator in chief is getting played

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 7:46 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Conservatives would have us stuck in the age of horses for transportation if they could.

Telecoms would have us stuck in the age of rotary phones.

Coal logic, not even once.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 551, 552, 553, 554, 555, 556, 557 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate