The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 456, 457, 458, 459, 460, 461, 462 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 2:42 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

“My understanding was that they believed Chris at this point — that they believed Chris might be credible because they had other intelligence that indicated the same thing and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human source from inside the Trump organization,” Simpson said. Using the parlance of spies and law enforcement officials, Simpson said the FBI had a “walk-in’’ whistleblower from someone in Trump’s organization.

The alternative facts crew is suggesting this is a mischaracterization of poppinoffonus' talk to the Aussie. Not sure that timeline works, but I've kinda lost interest in all this.

It continues to be pretty clear that this is a topic about which people with more information than we have are speaking in a roundabout way, to avoid exposing details. But it's also not remotely the biggest take away from the testimony. I can see why Grassley didn't want it released, though...after weeks of Republicans trying to sell Fusion and Steele as bad faith players, nothing could be more damning to their arguments than this transcript.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 2:43 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I mean, at some point it's blatantly evident that you never had any intention of allowing an honest investigation to occur.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

Now this one, I think it's unlikely that Trump wrote this one without any help.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 3:57 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Green Habit wrote:

Also, that's sort of true, so there is no way he wrote it.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 4:04 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

McParadigm wrote:
I mean, at some point it's blatantly evident that you never had any intention of allowing an honest investigation to occur.

To whom? They're getting away with being blatantly obvious about so many things, why not another one?

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 5:45 pm 
Rank This Poster

Green Habit wrote:

This guy does this for practically every tweet; the parallels between something showing up on Fox and showing up on the President's Twitter feed is uncanny. In an article he wrote, Gertz speculates Trump is DVRing Fox shows. Which somehow seems worse than watching it live.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... oop-216248

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 6:31 pm 
Major Dude

dimejinky99 wrote:
Amazing
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy shit.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 7:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

He's supporting DREAMers and extending the Iran Nuke deal? Who are you Mr Trump?

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 7:31 pm 
The Master

yea but:

Trump says during a Cabinet meeting that people shouldn't be able to say things that are false and then "smile as money pours into your bank account."

Trump says the laws should provide "meaningful recourse in our courts."

They are looking into the libel laws. Lol

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 11:33 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

:haha:

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 5:51 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 5:54 pm 
The Master

pew pew pew bang bang!

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 9:58 pm 
The Master

Even after taking office, President Donald Trump has sold more than $35 million worth of real estate last year to secretive buyers.

Trump sold 41 luxury condo units in Las Vegas last year to people who used limited liability companies (LLCs), which allow them to hide their identities, a USA Todayreport found. The president can withdraw profits from these sales at any time using a trust that names him as the sole beneficiary but is managed by sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump.

Before Trump signed the GOP tax bill into law in December 2017, a last-minute tax break was added for real estate investors who use LLCs, partnerships and S corporations to make deals.

The number of buyers using LLCs to purchase property from Trump climbed even before the tax break was announced last year. A mere 4 percent of buyers used the secretive shell companies in the two years before Trump became the Republican nominee. A year later, the number dramatically increased to nearly 70 percent, according to USA Today.

A Chicago neurosurgeon, Ramis Ghaly, told the paper that he used an LLC to purchase a Trump condo in Las Vegas on the advice of his financial consultant. Ghaly said the advantages of owning the property outweighed his concerns about being associated with president's politics.

But with a majority of buyers choosing to remain anonymous, liberal watchdog groups, including the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, have raised questions about the transparency of Trump's foreign deals. The sale of Trump's Palm Beach mansion to Russian oligarch Dmitry Rybolovlev in 2008 resurfaced last year amid speculation that the Trump campaign had colluded with Russia during his 2016 presidential race.

Moreover, a Reuters report found that at least 63 people with "Russian passports or addresses" have purchased nearly $98.4 million worth of Trump's property in South Florida. In addition, Trump sold his personal Park Avenue penthouse in Manhattan to Chinese investor Angela Chen.

A view of Trump Tower on New York's Fifth Avenue. About 70 percent of those who bought property from President Donald Trump's companies in 2017 chose to conceal their identities using limited liability companies.

“If someone wants to do business with the Trump entities in the form of an LLC, we look behind the LLC to see who the owner of it is and where the funding is coming from,” Bobby Burchfield, the ethics adviser at the Trump Organization, told the newspaper. “If we can’t determine that, we won’t sign off on it.”

Before his inauguration, Trump announced that he would turn over his companies to his sons but would not divest his properties and assets.

“While I am not mandated to do this under the law, I feel it is visually important, as President, to in no way have a conflict of interest with my various businesses,” Trump said in a series of tweets in November 2016. “Hence, legal documents are being crafted which take me completely out of business operations. The Presidency is a far more important task!”

Most popular: Who Is Jeff Klein? New York State Senator Accused Of Sexual Misconduct

The tax break for LLCs, S corporations, limited partnerships and other businesses allow owners to avoid paying business tax rates by allowing income to pass through to partners, who pay an individual tax rate on the money.

In December, New York real estate mogul Steve Witkoff told Newsweek thatthe tax bill benefits reaped by real estate investors will trickle down to the economy.

“I think you've got to create all those conditions that get the private sector to want to invest,” Witkoff said. “The president's game plan is more growth. Let's add several trillion more dollars of GDP, expand the tax net, lower the amount that you pay, but expand it. More tax revenue means we're going to pay down the deficit.”

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 10:00 pm 
The Master

lol

Quote:
President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 6c5c9d2cee

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 10:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

What a thin-skinned buffoon

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 10:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 10:36 pm 
Poster of the Year

No one should be.

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 10:48 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

"But I repeat myself."

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 11:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

It really is gonna be one of those years isn't it

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 11:25 pm 
Poster of the Year

Newsroom discussions across the country right now are highlighting the absurdity of FCC obscenity rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 456, 457, 458, 459, 460, 461, 462 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate