The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 9:30 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

dimejinky99 wrote:
I can’t help but think trumps gonna pull some shit so he can suspend elections in November. Don’t know why I think that

This has a 0% chance of happening; we would need to see a large-scale invasion or some kind of disaster for elections to be cancelled or moved.

PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 9:33 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Simple Torture wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I can’t help but think trumps gonna pull some shit so he can suspend elections in November. Don’t know why I think that

This has a 0% chance of happening; we would need to see a large-scale invasion or some kind of disaster for elections to be cancelled or moved.

That’s kinda what I was getting at.

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:31 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

changing gears -

what predictions in this thread came true?

November 14, 2016

96583UP wrote:
i think trump needs to keep the crazies on his side as a hedge to the establishment turning against him

but i foresee a bannon/priebus relationship meltdown somewhere in the first 12-18 months. one will consume the other and get to stay; and the other gets tossed. probably priebus who gets tossed, physically by bannon; out a window - because bannon overhears him commenting on how he likes a knish every now and again

i also foresee splitsville for burt and lonnie

well burt and lonnie definitely saw splitsville

and bannon/priebus did melt down, and were out within the first 7 months

did anyone in the cabinet last 12 months?

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:32 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

November 15, 2016:

Strat wrote:
So I just assume we will be plunged into a war, regulation will cause a collapse of the economy and housing market, war will escalate, we will re-elect him in 2020 and the circle goes round and round?

there's still time for this one!

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:37 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

November 16, 2016

tragabigzanda wrote:
96583UP wrote:
a lot of republicans don't support the infrastructure bill apparently .... i expect the tax cut to go through... and for the repubs to peel back some of the newer era financial, energy, and other regulations... but other than that, i wonder if this band of flunkies will actually construct anything

Yea, I was thinking similarly: best case scenario is some legislative repeal, some long-lasting effects on the environment that are really, really bad, and enough egg on the collective face of the GOP to put an effective end to some of their baser political tendencies.

this appears to be happening. in the form of the extinction of the republican party as we have once known it, but it appears to be happening

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:37 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

November 17, 2016

McParadigm wrote:

I wonder what the count is at now?!?

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:41 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

November 19, 2016

Strat wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I'd be surprised if he kept tweeting like this after inauguration. I have a feeling it'll become a more generic account, like it was in the last week of the election.

Guaranteed he won't dial it down.

strat! :hooray:

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

November 20, 2016

tragabigzanda wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Impeachment is wishful thinking. No way the Republicans piss off his supporters, who are more numerous than theirs apparently.

Also, I have a hunch that while most people would step into the Oval Office and feel a sense of responsibility, Trump is probably just seeing dollar signs. It's the perfect vantage point from which to make all manner of deals of self-interest.

This has happened

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:48 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

11/15/16

pnjguy wrote:
The minute he tries to round up illegals into concentration camps, or suppress free speech, or implement an alt-right agenda, or do whatever else the idiots in the street are screaming about, a united country would throw him on his ass.

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:52 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

November 22, 2016

BurtReynolds wrote:
I feel like his cabinet will have a lot of turnover.

correct!

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:59 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

November 30, 2016

The Argonaut wrote:
96583UP wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
Preet Bharara staying on under Trump/Sessions as U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of N.Y.
A surprising turn of events I'm very glad to see happening.

that is unexpected

Yeah. I can see why Trump likes the guy. Big, splashy moves. Media-savvy. Has thrown Reps and Dems in prison.

96583UP wrote:
he's also gone on a limb in certain cases where they may have overstretched ... but i guess trump has his enemy's list - and if you're on it, you need someone experienced to go fuck 'em up

96583UP wrote:
everything must be through the prism of trump being an S.O.B., btw

the answer can never simply be that they are keeping a qualified, principled person in their existing role

The Argonaut wrote:
Yeah, that's not why Trump is keeping Bharara. That's just a fortunate side effect.

:)

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 2:01 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Simple Torture wrote:
11/15/16

pnjguy wrote:
The minute he tries to round up illegals into concentration camps, or suppress free speech, or implement an alt-right agenda, or do whatever else the idiots in the street are screaming about, a united country wouldRobert Mueller will hopefullythrow him on his ass after the democratic party takes back control of both houses of congress about a year later

yep, guess we needed to update this one

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 3:19 am 
Looks Like a Cat

This is good reading. Keep at it, 83up.

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 3:28 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

December 1, 2016

dimejinky99 wrote:
My pal was saying to me Trump and his administration will be kept in check by the beauracracy / heads of different departments/civil servants we call them here.
He'll want to do stuff and they'll go 'you can do this or this but you can't do that'.

Is this true?

nar

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 3:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

December 30, 2016

digster wrote:
I think Republicans will be attached to Trump for a long time to come. I'd speculate they'll suffer consequences from voters if they don't.

damned if you do, damned if you don't, i guess

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 11:12 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sorry, you’re gonna get the first post restated in each follow up. It’s just the way the thread was built

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 11:32 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

96583UP wrote:
November 22, 2016

BurtReynolds wrote:
I feel like his cabinet will have a lot of turnover.

correct!

I meant like a couple a year or something.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 1:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 2:22 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

jesus.

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 4:05 pm 
Rank This Poster

Well, that was something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate