The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Tue December 26, 2017 1:51 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

That sounds made up, Wease

PostPosted: Tue December 26, 2017 9:26 pm 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:

he left out the part about his uncle jacking his jaw

PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 1:56 am 
Major Dude

theplatypus wrote:

Christ, I wish it was.

PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 3:46 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

so trump blames sessions for moore losing to jones because sessions left the seat to take the job that trump offered

PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 4:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Peeps wrote:
so trump blames sessions for moore losing to jones because sessions left the seat to take the job that trump offered

If Obama had chosen Sebelius for HHS, backed a child molestor as her successor, and then blamed her and absolved himself when Brownback won Kansas because Sebelius had the audacity to accept the HHS offer, it would have crippled his presidency. Now, it feels so cruelly normal that we probably won't remember it in two weeks.

PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 4:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I'm so confused by this talk of partisans in the FBI. So it's only a bad thing if they disagree with you? How is this not the same impetus that gets you a dictator?

I truly don't understand why the news is being so complacent with their stories. I know there are people on twitter going batshit crazy putting these things together but until it's on the actual fucking news, or Good Morning America, or SOMETHING of substance (don't @ me) then what will happen except for things getting worse? It's not even a 'step up so you can be heard' kind of action because clearly no one wants to listen.

I'm so mad I'm probably not even making sense.

PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 5:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bune wrote:
I'm so confused by this talk of partisans in the FBI. So it's only a bad thing if they disagree with you? How is this not the same impetus that gets you a dictator?

It wasn't that long ago that it was Democrats complaining about the FBI, and Republicans praising their independence. If the rhetoric wasn't so much more pronounced, and the evidence of guilt so thoroughly visible, it wouldn't really worry me. But to use words like "purge" in response to an investigation on foreign interference that has already brought indictments is stunning. At this point Devin Nunez is a member of Congress who is actively trying to dismantle one of our intelligence services, and not one of his colleagues is willing to break ranks even to stand up to HIM. Why would anybody believe that these people will ever stand up to Trump?

Quote:
I truly don't understand why the news is being so complacent with their stories. I know there are people on twitter going batshit crazy putting these things together but until it's on the actual fucking news, or Good Morning America, or SOMETHING of substance (don't @ me) then what will happen except for things getting worse? It's not even a 'step up so you can be heard' kind of action because clearly no one wants to listen.

Its a profession whose habits were forged in quieter times, and which needs to shed skin fast. When Obama was president there was a disproportionate number of "check in with rural whites to see why they still don't like him," stories, and now there is a disproportionate number of "check in with rural whites to see why they still support Trump" stories. You would think that it's the only building group that matters.

Owner financial interest is also becoming a defining component. It's been pretty nakedly evident in the Wall Street Journal, on Sinclair Media, and on FOXNews. But now you have organizations like Tronc waging a sort of back room war against its own journalists, and companies in need testing the tit-for-tat waters. I saw that CNN "has Donald Trump ended the war on Christmas" headline, and just about barfed.

PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 6:04 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

McParadigm wrote:
bune wrote:

It wasn't that long ago that it was Democrats complaining about the FBI, and Republicans praising their independence. If the rhetoric wasn't so much more pronounced, and the evidence of guilt so thoroughly visible, it wouldn't really worry me. But to use words like "purge" in response to an investigation on foreign interference that has already brought indictments is stunning. At this point Devin Nunez is a member of Congress who is actively trying to dismantle one of our intelligence services, and not one of his colleagues is willing to break ranks even to stand up to HIM. Why would anybody believe that these people will ever stand up to Trump?

Quote:

Its a profession whose habits were forged in quieter times, and which needs to shed skin fast. When Obama was president there was a disproportionate number of "check in with rural whites to see why they still don't like him," stories, and now there is a disproportionate number of "check in with rural whites to see why they still support Trump" stories. You would think that it's the only building group that matters.

Owner financial interest is also becoming a defining component. It's been pretty nakedly evident in the Wall Street Journal, on Sinclair Media, and on FOXNews. But now you have organizations like Tronc waging a sort of back room war against its own journalists, and companies in need testing the tit-for-tat waters. I saw that CNN "has Donald Trump ended the war on Christmas" headline, and just about barfed.

Maybe it's just the situation (and my partisan memory) but I don't think there were purges talked about previously.

And I saw those tweets this morning about the stories about supporters. It's weird how the rural whites are still listened to even though they are out-numbered by literally everyone else.

PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 9:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:
President Trump's legal team plans to cast former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn as a liar seeking to protect himself if he accuses the president or his senior aides of any wrongdoing, according to three people familiar with the strategy.

The approach would mark a sharp break from Trump's previously sympathetic posture toward Flynn, whom he called a "wonderful man" when Flynn was ousted from the White House in February. Earlier this month, the president did not rule out a possible pardon for Flynn, who is cooperating with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 10:40 pm 
A Return To Form

McParadigm wrote:

Quote:
President Trump's legal team plans to cast former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn as a liar seeking to protect himself if he accuses the president or his senior aides of any wrongdoing, according to three people familiar with the strategy.

The approach would mark a sharp break from Trump's previously sympathetic posture toward Flynn, whom he called a "wonderful man" when Flynn was ousted from the White House in February. Earlier this month, the president did not rule out a possible pardon for Flynn, who is cooperating with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Quote:
Attorneys for Trump and his top advisers have privately expressed confidence that Flynn does not have any evidence that could implicate the president or his White House team. But since Flynn’s cooperation agreement with prosecutors was made public earlier this month, the administration has been strategizing how to neutralize him in case the former national security adviser does make any claims.

We know Flynn is lying if he says he has anything on Trump so when he reveals his lies we're going to call him a liar! Wow brilliant strategy, these guys are clearly worth every penny Trump is paying them.

PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 10:52 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

ah yes, the ‘liar, liar, pants on fire’ defense

bullet-proof

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 1:37 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

This is really something.

https://nytimes.com/2017/12/27/opinion/ ... Ko6y?amp=1

PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 1:41 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm wrote:

how many minutes will it take before DJT tweets some inflammatory shit to retake the spotlight

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 5:06 am 
Poster of the Year

McParadigm wrote:

Gail Collins and Nicholas Kristof are off today.

PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 12:24 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

96583UP wrote:

bullet-proof

So, there is a bit of an established pattern of this guy lying. Lied to Obama admin, lied to security clearance peeps, lied to Trump admin, lied o congressional investigators, lied to media, lied to FBI, lied to business partners, etc. If it was anyone other the Trump as the endgame, no one would believe a word this guy says.

PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 2:02 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

bullet-proof

So, there is a bit of an established pattern of this guy lying. Lied to Obama admin, lied to security clearance peeps, lied to Trump admin, lied o congressional investigators, lied to media, lied to FBI, lied to business partners, etc. If it was anyone other the Trump as the endgame, no one would believe a word this guy says.

Except that prosecutors don't agree to a super lenient plea deal based on things a guilty person says that can't be backed up with other significant evidence.

PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 3:44 pm 
AnalLog

meatwad wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Russia didn't install a puppet leader on the US throne for christ's sake.

I think Russia's goals were far bigger than this. They wanted to sow distrust in our very institutions and undermine American democracy. They seem to be succeeding.

This was my concern back in May and I'd say eight months later they must be looking at the US and enjoying what their efforts have brought.

PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 5:25 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The president is attacking China in response to a Fox News report which sources back to off-the-record South Korean government officials.

PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 5:48 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

meatwad wrote:
meatwad wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Russia didn't install a puppet leader on the US throne for christ's sake.

I think Russia's goals were far bigger than this. They wanted to sow distrust in our very institutions and undermine American democracy. They seem to be succeeding.

This was my concern back in May and I'd say eight months later they must be looking at the US and enjoying what their efforts have brought.

General Alexander (cybercom) said the same thing in congressional testimony a year or so ago. A puppet is of temporary value, destroying faith in the system is the real win.

PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 6:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

McParadigm wrote:
The president is attacking China in response to a Fox News report which sources back to off-the-record South Korean government officials.

I'll bet he thought he was clever for the "red handed" bit too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate