The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 862, 863, 864, 865, 866, 867, 868 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2019 3:54 pm 
Gone

The question for me is if a juvenile adjudication for the school threat would have even been something a background check on a firearm purchase as an adult would flag. Would background checks dig that far back? They should.

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2019 4:03 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
The question for me is if a juvenile adjudication for the school threat would have even been something a background check on a firearm purchase as an adult would flag. Would background checks dig that far back? They should.

Can't say for sure, but I'm 99% certain the answer is no. Between school adjudication and grownup court, there's a whole layer of juvenile court, which I think typically results in sealed records.

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2019 4:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

This is really minor but... "stinky"?

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2019 4:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Tfw you're a virulent racist but you also have the vocabulary of a toddler describing his own farts.

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2019 4:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Mickey wrote:
This is really minor but... "stinky"?

He sounds like my son when he was three or four. I don't remember where the toy came from, but we were playing with some action figures and one of them was black. He said he didn't want to play with that one because it was stinky so we had a conversation about it. Turns out he had this weird pre-conceived notion (because he was a little kid) and after talking about it he no longer had it. Wow, how about that.

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2019 4:28 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Can't say for sure, but I'm 99% certain the answer is no. Between school adjudication and grownup court, there's a whole layer of juvenile court, which I think typically results in sealed records.

Interesting... I think juvenile records are sealed and not available to automated background checks. But this would also lead to questions about expunging adult criminals records and background checks for guns or access to guns. If Walmart is not allowed to ask someone if they have been convicted of a crime on a job application, which in some states they are not, and working there gives that person direct access to guns and ammo, isnt that a major problem?

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2019 4:45 pm 
Gone

Any threats or actions made as a juvenile should absolutely be relevant and exclusionary on a background check. Otherwise it's a half measure at best. Many mass shootings have been carried out by juveniles after all. If anything, the juvenile Justice system is moving further and further away from involvement in the lives of delinquent youth at all. In Illinois a juvenile adjudication for a school threat would probably be a misdemeanor that ultimately gets automatically expunged per new legislation in that area.

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2019 4:47 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Interesting... I think juvenile records are sealed and not available to automated background checks. But this would also lead to questions about expunging adult criminals records and background checks for guns or access to guns. If Walmart is not allowed to ask someone if they have been convicted of a crime on a job application, which in some states they are not, and working there gives that person direct access to guns and ammo, isnt that a major problem?

I don't think anyone would have a problem with jobs in the gun department requiring a stricter background check than, say, greeter.

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2019 5:49 pm 
The Master

US Ambassador to Russia Jon Huntsman resigns

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 12:27 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

What

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 1:45 am 
Looks Like a Cat

:|

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ads-pulled-hunt-wake-mass-shootings-1229829

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 1:46 am 
The Master

No way is that movie better than Surviving The Game.

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 12:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

“He really set a more somber and less combative tone with this speech, laying out in clear and powerful tones that-“

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 1:00 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
“He really set a more somber and less combative tone with this speech, laying out in clear and powerful tones that-“

It's true the Dayton shooter was a Warrenite.

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 1:11 pm 
Future Drummer

Also true that Warren hasn't been seen joking around about shooting people.

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 1:11 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

His manifesto was full of nods to her divisive and racially charged rhetoric, right? I think I heard that somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 1:12 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

And I've seen references to the Dayton shooter's politics on every mainstream news outlet. To imply that it's being buried is just pathetic.

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 2:20 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

McParadigm wrote:

He brought up Antifa in response to a question about white supremacy on his way out the door at the WH today.

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 2:28 pm 
Gone

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

He also didn't leave a political manifesto and killed his sister. It's fair to note his politics but save the whataboutisms

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 2:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

verb_to_trust wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

He also didn't leave a political manifesto and killed his sister. It's fair to note his politics but save the whataboutisms

I dont really do that, I was just pointing out that he is technically correct on this one thing this one time. Kind of a novelty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 862, 863, 864, 865, 866, 867, 868 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate