The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 4:04 pm 
AnalLog

:haha:

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 6:40 pm 
The Master

Quote:
Michael Shannon may be on a press tour promoting his new movie Nocturnal Animals, but he’s also on the warpath, spewing harsh words at President-elect Donald Trump and any of the 60.9 million Americans who voted for him in the presidential election. And his feedback is getting pretty intense. Earlier this week he suggested that people supporting “the Orange Man” form their own country called “the United States of Moronic Fucking Assholes,” and in a new interview with Metro News, he’s sounding off again.

After suggesting that a civil war would be the only way to prevent Trump from assuming the highest office in the land, Shannon asserts that if you feel okay about supporting his presidency, it’s probably time for you to just die already. “There’s a lot of old people who need to realize they’ve had a nice life, and it’s time for them to move on,” Shannon said. “Because they’re the ones who go out and vote for these assholes. If you look at the young people, between 18 and 25, if it was up to them, Hillary would have been president. No offense to the seniors out there. My mom’s a senior citizen. But if you’re voting for Trump, it’s time for the urn.” And if your parents voted for Trump? “Fuck ’em. You’re an orphan now. Don’t go home. Don’t go home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Don’t talk to them at all. Silence speaks volumes.” Despite being from the red state of Kentucky, Shannon says that no one in his immediate family “would ever remotely consider voting for Trump.” So, it sounds like no one around his holiday hearth will have to sit frozen in terror as he stares them down with his severely threatening gaze.

This cracks me up.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 6:49 pm 
Production Police

Strat wrote:
Quote:
Michael Shannon may be on a press tour promoting his new movie Nocturnal Animals, but he’s also on the warpath, spewing harsh words at President-elect Donald Trump and any of the 60.9 million Americans who voted for him in the presidential election. And his feedback is getting pretty intense. Earlier this week he suggested that people supporting “the Orange Man” form their own country called “the United States of Moronic Fucking Assholes,” and in a new interview with Metro News, he’s sounding off again.

After suggesting that a civil war would be the only way to prevent Trump from assuming the highest office in the land, Shannon asserts that if you feel okay about supporting his presidency, it’s probably time for you to just die already. “There’s a lot of old people who need to realize they’ve had a nice life, and it’s time for them to move on,” Shannon said. “Because they’re the ones who go out and vote for these assholes. If you look at the young people, between 18 and 25, if it was up to them, Hillary would have been president. No offense to the seniors out there. My mom’s a senior citizen. But if you’re voting for Trump, it’s time for the urn.” And if your parents voted for Trump? “Fuck ’em. You’re an orphan now. Don’t go home. Don’t go home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Don’t talk to them at all. Silence speaks volumes.” Despite being from the red state of Kentucky, Shannon says that no one in his immediate family “would ever remotely consider voting for Trump.” So, it sounds like no one around his holiday hearth will have to sit frozen in terror as he stares them down with his severely threatening gaze.

This cracks me up.

I like Michael Shannon a lot, but this is stupid. The narrative as I see it is not that Trump won the election; it's that Hillary lost it. Shannon can go back to Red Hook (a former working waterfront, steadily approaching gentrification) with all his condo trust-fund minority neighbors (I know which building he lives in) and think whatever he wants, but it's the same fucking echo chamber/bubble that lead us here in the first place.

This election was Hillary's to lose, and she lost spectacularly.

Also, I'm pretty sure my FiL would have voted Trump, had he actually voted (the timing of their move from NC to WA made it nearly impossible for them to vote, excepting that they didn't have the foresight for early voting in NC). Glad we don't have to have that conversation around Thanksgiving.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 6:50 pm 
The Master

congrats to jeff sessions on his appointment and roll tide roll :)

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 6:51 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Quote:

This cracks me up.

I like Michael Shannon a lot, but this is stupid. The narrative as I see it is not that Trump won the election; it's that Hillary lost it. Shannon can go back to Red Hook (a former working waterfront, steadily approaching gentrification) with all his condo trust-fund minority neighbors (I know which building he lives in) and think whatever he wants, but it's the same fucking echo chamber/bubble that lead us here in the first place.

Also, I'm pretty sure my FiL would have voted Trump, had he actually voted (the timing of their move from NC to WA made it nearly impossible for them to vote, excepting that they didn't have the foresight for early voting in NC). Glad we don't have to have that conversation around Thanksgiving.

I just thought it was funny. And hillary didnt lose spectacularly. She is going to win the popular vote by perhaps 2,000,000.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 6:52 pm 
Production Police

96583UP wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Can someone give me a cliffs notes version of "Russia ain't so bad"? Seeing that Michael Flynn (Trump's pick for NSA head) is also sympathetic to Putin. Curious how they frame Putin/Russia beyond "he's big league powerful."

i think it might go something like .... this?

"we are ok with crimes against humanity and don't give a shit about the baltics. ps, obama is black - did you notice? also, my constituents want their dirty investment dollars and the russians are top-notch at the wheel-greasing game. and whoring. also, europeans are pussies and we're tired of helping them fight this complex game of cat and mouse. i'm tired, and i don't feel like dealing with this. this putin guy tries too hard and its making my forehead hurt. college football is on. so let's just go beat up on some poor and under-equipped middle easterners; call it a day; then we go watch the west state a&m game - Oh look, someone just sent an LOI for a few million bucks to my consulting firm/investment project when i leave office; and in the meantime, several large unmarked white envelopes stuffed with cash have been left on this coffee table. what a coincidence. i love both of those things."

This mostly seems to be an angry joke post, but I think the part in bold is compelling.

Bi_3 wrote:
Nitpicking, but National Security Adviser is not the same as the NSA head. The head of the NSA (Mike Rogers) is the person who says Russia is behind the hacking of DNC and Podesta's email accounts. The National Security Adviser (Susan Rice) is the one who is in charge of our non-strategies in Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Israel, etc.

Thanks for this. So that means that Flynn will be replacing Rice? And in what way do the NSA and the Adviser interact? Who's in charge of who, or is it more of a lateral/counterpart relationship?

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 6:54 pm 
Production Police

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Quote:

This cracks me up.

I just thought it was funny. And hillary didnt lose spectacularly. She is going to win the popular vote by perhaps 2,000,000.

She has quite possibly -- with the help of the DNC and the liberal media -- done irreparable damage to her party, while simultaneously driving away a wide swath of viable, populist-minded voters who would have gladly supported a Sanders nom, or even a Clinton/Sanders ticket. I'd call that a spectacular failure.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 8:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:
Earlier this week he suggested that people supporting “the Orange Man” form...

Orange is the new black.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 8:09 pm 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:

she had the following behind her:

- establishment politicians (on both sides even)
- 99.9% of mainstream media
- 99.9% of hollywood and the entertainment industry
- corporate and big bank support

and she still got waxed. people aren't calling it one of the biggest upsets in u.s. electoral history for nothing.

the dem elite's insistence on pushing her (and railroading bernie), despite her litany of flaws, was a horrible, arrogant mistake. and they got what they deserved.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 8:29 pm 
Production Police

dprival78 wrote:
Strat wrote:

she had the following behind her:

- establishment politicians (on both sides even)
- 99.9% of mainstream media
- 99.9% of hollywood and the entertainment industry
- corporate and big bank support

and she still got waxed. people aren't calling it one of the biggest upsets in u.s. electoral history for nothing.

the dem elite's insistence on pushing her (and railroading bernie), despite her litany of flaws, was a horrible, arrogant mistake. and they got what they deserved.

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 8:38 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

She also had the most effective and well-coordinated misinformation campaign against her in presidential history, including a remarkable weaponizing of social media, and faced a complete wildcard opponent whose strategy, attitude, and approach to voter appeals can't really be compared to anything we've ever seen before.

Any conclusions drawn about this election that are concise and clear are also certain to be inherently wrong.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 8:45 pm 
Production Police

McParadigm wrote:
She also had the most effective and well-coordinated misinformation campaign against her in presidential history, including a remarkable weaponizing of social media, and faced a complete wildcard opponent whose strategy, attitude, and approach to voter appeals can't really be compared to anything we've ever seen before.

Any conclusions drawn about this election that are concise and clear are also certain to be inherently wrong.

The bold part seems like a gross overstatement. Major news outlets consistently ran two negative stories:

1. Hillary is a friend to Wall St
2. Hillary wrote emails

I'd say that any of the recent arguments against a third-party candidate that pose them as "spoilers" have been far more effective at spreading misinformation.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 8:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I'm not remotely including major news outlets in that statement.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 8:56 pm 
Production Police

McParadigm wrote:

I don't really have a great sense of what sort of dishonest things were spread throughout social media. I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, so the recurring headlines we're seeing now about "fake news," and the extent of its impact, is sort of lost on me.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 8:57 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

I don't really have a great sense of what sort of dishonest things were spread throughout social media. I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, so the recurring headlines we're seeing now about "fake news," and the extent of its impact, is sort of lost on me.

I've spent a few minutes here and there explaining to idiots on social media why what they just posted is not true. I could spend all day. Both lefties and righties (far more righties in it though...far more...)

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 9:10 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I'd love to talk more about it, guys, but I am busy vomiting at an airport to the tune of Elton John's I'm Still Standing.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 9:12 pm 
Production Police

McParadigm wrote:
I'd love to talk more about it, guys, but I am busy vomiting at an airport to the tune of Elton John's I'm Still Standing.

McP is the reason Hillary lost. Black Swan solved.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 9:37 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Post election interview with Bannon:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steve-bannon-trump-tower-interview-trumps-strategist-plots-new-political-movement-948747

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 9:39 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Back to the topic: I hope they start putting Michael Shannon in good movies again.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 9:44 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I have a theory that every time a Hollywood actor says to vote for a Democrat, republicans pick up a few hundred thousand votes.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate