The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183 ... 1308  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 3:35 am 
Poster of the Year

They should have a Touch-A-Truck day at the White House.

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 3:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

White House denies House investigation request for Flynn documents

(CNN) The White House declined Tuesday to provide documents related to President Donald Trump's former national security adviser that the panel investigating Michael Flynn had requested, according to a letter obtained by CNN.

White House Director of Legislative Affairs Marc Short outlined in a letter to the House oversight committee how it would not complete the request from the panel, referring some requests to the Department of Defense, saying the office doesn't have custody of some of the other documents or simply stating "we are unable to accommodate" others.

Whether Flynn properly disclosed payments from foreign governments on his security clearance application is the subject of a House oversight committee meeting Tuesday, as members are set to review the first batch of documents related to the investigation coming from the Pentagon.

The committee is gathering Tuesday morning at the Capitol to review classified material provided by the Department of Defense in response to its March 22 request for more information on Flynn, according to MJ Henshaw, a spokeswoman for House Oversight Chairman Jason Chaffetz.

The committee has sent additional requests for information about Flynn to the White House, the FBI and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. However, Tuesday's meeting will only include responses from the Pentagon.

Oversight investigators revealed last month that Flynn had received more than $45,000 for a speech he gave to RT-TV in Russia and $530,000 for work his lobbying firm did that, according to the committee, likely benefited the Republic of Turkey.

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 3:18 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Yay for punitive 20% tariffs on Canadian lumber! We'll make Americans pay higher prices for lumber--that'll show Canada!!

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 3:25 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 4:16 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

4/5 wrote:
Yay for punitive 20% tariffs on Canadian lumber! We'll make Americans pay higher prices for lumber--that'll show Canada!!

Who would have thought the first volley in a trade war would be with Canada? Those hosers have skated long enough.

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 4:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bubble alert.

Quote:
A new poll from the Harvard Institute of Politics asked whether adults younger than 30 had certain kinds of friends: Hillary Clinton supporters, Trump supporters, gun owners, members of the LGBTQ community, etc.

Some of the more interesting findings:

- Just 39 percent of young Democrats have a close relationship with someone who supports Trump, while 55 percent of young Republicans know a Clinton supporter well.
- More young Republicans know a millionaire (28 percent) than a Muslim (22 percent).
- Just 26 percent of young Democrats know a veteran of the Iraq or Afghanistan wars, while 43 percent of young Republicans do.
- While 73 percent of young whites know someone who owns a gun, just 41 percent of young Hispanics do (the number is 48 percent for young African Americans).
- Just 49 percent of young Democrats know a gun owner, as opposed to 80 percent of young Republicans.
- Just 27 percent of young African Americans know a police officer, compared with 40 percent of young whites.
- Although 53 percent of young Hispanics know an undocumented immigrant, just 10 percent of young whites and 14 percent of young blacks can say the same.

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 8:28 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

And on and on into infinity

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 8:59 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

McParadigm wrote:
Bubble alert.

Quote:
A new poll from the Harvard Institute of Politics asked whether adults younger than 30 had certain kinds of friends: Hillary Clinton supporters, Trump supporters, gun owners, members of the LGBTQ community, etc.

- Just 39 percent of young Democrats have a close relationship with someone who supports Trump, while 55 percent of young Republicans know a Clinton supporter well.
- More young Republicans know a millionaire (28 percent) than a Muslim (22 percent).
- Just 26 percent of young Democrats know a veteran of the Iraq or Afghanistan wars, while 43 percent of young Republicans do.
- While 73 percent of young whites know someone who owns a gun, just 41 percent of young Hispanics do (the number is 48 percent for young African Americans).
- Just 49 percent of young Democrats know a gun owner, as opposed to 80 percent of young Republicans.
- Just 27 percent of young African Americans know a police officer, compared with 40 percent of young whites.
- Although 53 percent of young Hispanics know an undocumented immigrant, just 10 percent of young whites and 14 percent of young blacks can say the same.

Hmmm. 40yr old Democrat here.
- I don't have a close relationship with a trump report.
- I don't know a millionaire, but I do have a close friendship with a Muslim.
- I think I know someone that owns a gun.
- I know an Iraq veteran.
- I know a police officer.
- My wife knows an undocumented immigrant, but I don't.

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 9:03 pm 
Production Police

B wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Bubble alert.

Quote:

Hmmm. 40yr old Democrat here.
- I don't have a close relationship with a trump report.
- I don't know a millionaire, but I do have a close friendship with a Muslim.
- I think I know someone that owns a gun.
- I know an Iraq veteran.
- I know a police officer.
- My wife knows an undocumented immigrant, but I don't.

Why doesn't B view RM relationships as "knowing" someone?

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 9:10 pm 
Poster of the Year

I bet you know a millionaire, B.

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 9:20 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

He knows Doug and Plat.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 10:35 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I bet you know a millionaire, B.

Yup. One in 29 Americans live in a millionaire household. It's almost certain that anyone living in an urban or suburban environment knows at least one.

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 10:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Hey it's finally associated with a white guy!

PostPosted: Tue April 25, 2017 11:55 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Not a stats person, but since there are 3x the number of millionaires than there are Muslims in the US, the original stat might mean that YRs are less bubbled than one would guess. Unless they all know the same millionaire Muslim.

PostPosted: Wed April 26, 2017 11:37 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

tragabigzanda wrote:
Why doesn't B view RM relationships as "knowing" someone?

because internet knowing someone doesnt mean they are real or that you actually know them. look at all the deception on this board and its not hard to come to that conclusion

PostPosted: Wed April 26, 2017 1:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The new Republican amendment, introduced Tuesday night, would allow states to waive out of Obamacare’s ban on pre-existing conditions. This means that insurers could once again, under certain circumstances, charge sick people higher premiums than healthy people.

Republican legislators liked this policy well enough to offer it in a new amendment. They do not, however, seem to like it enough to have it apply to themselves and their staff. A spokesperson for Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) who authored this amendment confirmed this was the case: members of Congress and their staff would get the guarantee of keeping these Obamacare regulations.

Last edited by McParadigm on Wed April 26, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed April 26, 2017 1:35 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

NBC: Trump's Made in America Slogan Doesn't Fit Ivanka's Clothing Line

Since Election Day, the apparel brand run by Trump's daughter has imported 56 shipments of Ivanka Trump products from China and Singapore, part of a total of 215 shipments from Asia since Jan. 1, 2016.

WaPo: Workers endured long hours, low pay at Chinese factory used by Ivanka Trump’s clothing-maker

Workers at a factory in China used by the company that makes clothing for Ivanka Trump’s fashion line and other brands worked nearly 60 hours a week to earn wages of little more than $62 a week, according to a factory audit released Monday.

The factory’s 80 workers knit clothes for the contractor, G-III Apparel Group, which has held the exclusive license to make the Ivanka Trump brand’s $158 dresses, $79 blouses and other clothes since 2012. The company also makes clothes for Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and other brands.

Inspectors with the Fair Labor Association, an industry monitoring group whose members include Apple and Nike, found two dozen violations of international labor standards during a two-day tour of the factory in October, saying in a report that workers faced daunting hours, high turnover, and pay near or below China’s minimum wage.

PostPosted: Wed April 26, 2017 4:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed April 26, 2017 4:13 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

McParadigm wrote:

The new Republican amendment, introduced Tuesday night, would allow states to waive out of Obamacare’s ban on pre-existing conditions. This means that insurers could once again, under certain circumstances, charge sick people higher premiums than healthy people.

Republican legislators liked this policy well enough to offer it in a new amendment. They do not, however, seem to like it enough to have it apply to themselves and their staff. A spokesperson for Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) who authored this amendment confirmed this was the case: members of Congress and their staff would get the guarantee of keeping these Obamacare regulations.

Well isn't that fucking convenient.

PostPosted: Wed April 26, 2017 7:50 pm 
Poster of the Year

single.payer.now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183 ... 1308  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate