The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 793, 794, 795, 796, 797, 798, 799 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 4:31 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 9:40 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Good thread

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 1:15 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

McParadigm wrote:
Wow.

Thirty minutes is almost enough time to review the agenda of a meeeting.

It takes 15 minutes to figure out who the "Call In Users" are on WebEx.

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 1:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Simple Torture wrote:
WebEx.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 3:30 pm 
mXn

If forced to choose only one, would you consider yesterday’s Cohen events:

A) Theatre
B) An effective process that will lead toward an actual solution

:?:

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 4:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
If forced to choose only one, would you consider yesterday’s Cohen events:

A) Theatre
B) An effective process that will lead toward an actual solution

:?:

My first answer is that the two are not mutually exclusive. Theater is used by both sides exactly because it can be among the most effective means to a desired end. It can be done well, in which case it expands awareness of an issue, motivates a group, or changes polling on a person/topic (“Mr Russia Dude, tear down this wall;” the Benghazi hearings were pure theater, but they kept the Republican base at a motivated simmer while also keeping it in the news cycle for low information voters to constantly hear about), or it can be done poorly (Matt Gaetz).

My second answer is just read lawfareblog (https://www.lawfareblog.com/cohen-silen ... -testimony)

My third answer is I wish there were fewer speeches and more questions, but a lot of that has to be saved for the closed door hearings. I’d rather hear 30% of the information available than none of it.

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 4:16 pm 
AnalLog

Another round of nothingness with Kim. And to add insult to injury, he says Kim told him he had no knowledge of Otto Warmbier being held for over a year, and that Kim “feels very badly” about the situation. What a fucking shitbird this clown is.

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 4:38 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

McParadigm wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
WebEx.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

lol

PostPosted: Thu February 28, 2019 10:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 12:43 am 
The Master

Trump takes Putin and Kim Jong in at their words.

Doesn’t believe the fbi or cia

Geezes christ how do republicans stand behind this?

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 12:57 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
Trump takes Putin and Kim Jong in at their words.

Doesn’t believe the fbi or cia

Geezes christ how do republicans stand behind this?

Quietly, with their chastity cages on

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 10:28 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Quote:
Folks, I take great issue with the negative discourse surrounding my close friend, the massive, gaping Hellmouth that has supposedly been gobbling people up and spitting out their charred skeletons. Trust me, I have a strong personal relationship with the terrible hole of fire and screams. When the drooling, molten chasm to Hell tells me it did not swallow a bunch of humans, I believe it. That’s the difference between you and me. I am willing to take the flaming maw at its word.

Honestly, I don’t believe it’s in the Hellmouth’s best interest to consume people and deliver them to a broiling torture chamber. That’s just not the way the Hellmouth operates. What happened to those many people is horrible, I’m not denying that. But just because they happened to get sucked into the Hellmouth doesn’t mean that the Hellmouth knew about or condoned what occurred to them once they were inside. The Hellmouth feels very badly about the whole thing and I trust it. We talk all the time. The Hellmouth is my friend and I look forward to supporting the open jaws of the underworld in any way I can.

What most of you don’t realize is the Hellmouth has a great personality. It’s very funny and very smart. Everyone likes to focus on the fact that the Hellmouth lures people inside and then chews them up like granola. Well, plenty of infernal abysses have done some really bad things. I could spend hours listing all the abysses who have swallowed people up and grilled them like tilapia. At least this particular abyss is willing to sit down and let me make countless diplomatic concessions to it for literally no reason.

I’m overall very satisfied with the state of my negotiations with the Hellmouth. We’ve reached several important deals. For example, I have agreed to allow the Hellmouth to continue operating without any oversight. I’ve always believed it’s best we don’t learn too much about the inner workings of an evil, dangerous entity that has developed a taste for human flesh. I’ve also agreed to let the Hellmouth consume as many people as it would like without repercussions. These are great, wonderful deals.

Also, why are we not praising me for the few people I’ve successfully retrieved from the Hellmouth? Instead of focusing on the hundreds of thousands of people who have been pressure-cooked inside the Hellmouth, we should take this opportunity to thank me for rescuing one or two folks. I am a hero and I should be respected by my people. In many ways, I want to be like my pal, the strong and disgusting Hellmouth, who is feared and respected by all. God, I love that Hellmouth.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/i-h ... t-its-word

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 10:51 pm 
Major Dude

Simple Torture wrote:

Quote:
Folks, I take great issue with the negative discourse surrounding my close friend, the massive, gaping Hellmouth that has supposedly been gobbling people up and spitting out their charred skeletons. Trust me, I have a strong personal relationship with the terrible hole of fire and screams. When the drooling, molten chasm to Hell tells me it did not swallow a bunch of humans, I believe it. That’s the difference between you and me. I am willing to take the flaming maw at its word.

Honestly, I don’t believe it’s in the Hellmouth’s best interest to consume people and deliver them to a broiling torture chamber. That’s just not the way the Hellmouth operates. What happened to those many people is horrible, I’m not denying that. But just because they happened to get sucked into the Hellmouth doesn’t mean that the Hellmouth knew about or condoned what occurred to them once they were inside. The Hellmouth feels very badly about the whole thing and I trust it. We talk all the time. The Hellmouth is my friend and I look forward to supporting the open jaws of the underworld in any way I can.

What most of you don’t realize is the Hellmouth has a great personality. It’s very funny and very smart. Everyone likes to focus on the fact that the Hellmouth lures people inside and then chews them up like granola. Well, plenty of infernal abysses have done some really bad things. I could spend hours listing all the abysses who have swallowed people up and grilled them like tilapia. At least this particular abyss is willing to sit down and let me make countless diplomatic concessions to it for literally no reason.

I’m overall very satisfied with the state of my negotiations with the Hellmouth. We’ve reached several important deals. For example, I have agreed to allow the Hellmouth to continue operating without any oversight. I’ve always believed it’s best we don’t learn too much about the inner workings of an evil, dangerous entity that has developed a taste for human flesh. I’ve also agreed to let the Hellmouth consume as many people as it would like without repercussions. These are great, wonderful deals.

Also, why are we not praising me for the few people I’ve successfully retrieved from the Hellmouth? Instead of focusing on the hundreds of thousands of people who have been pressure-cooked inside the Hellmouth, we should take this opportunity to thank me for rescuing one or two folks. I am a hero and I should be respected by my people. In many ways, I want to be like my pal, the strong and disgusting Hellmouth, who is feared and respected by all. God, I love that Hellmouth.

If he got Otto out, then why is Otto dead?

PostPosted: Sat March 02, 2019 5:02 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

wease wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Quote:

Otto suffered from an acute case of Juche withdrawal. There have been many such cases.

PostPosted: Sat March 02, 2019 1:50 pm 
The Master

wease wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Quote:

This phrase sounds like the beginning of a great folk song

PostPosted: Sat March 02, 2019 1:51 pm 
The Master

wease wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Quote:

This phrase sounds like the beginning of a great folk song

PostPosted: Sat March 02, 2019 2:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Like 7 different speakers at CPAC have now railed against “post-birth abortions.”

When did conservatism become so proud of stupidity?

PostPosted: Sat March 02, 2019 3:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Like 7 different speakers at CPAC have now railed against “post-birth abortions.”

When the VA governor spoke about post birth abortions?

PostPosted: Sat March 02, 2019 3:34 pm 
AnalLog

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

You mean when he answered a question on the topic and said it should be left up to the physicians and the family.

Last edited by jwfocker on Sat March 02, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat March 02, 2019 3:38 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

jwfocker wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

You mean when he answered a question on the topic.

Yes. The red team ignores context when Dysonning babies is involved

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 793, 794, 795, 796, 797, 798, 799 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate