The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Mon April 02, 2018 1:27 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_apr02
Quote:
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 33% who Strongly Approve of the way the president is performing and 39% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -6. (see trends).

Trump’s overall job approval rating is now running ahead of where Barack Obama’s was at this stage of his presidency.

PostPosted: Mon April 02, 2018 11:33 pm 
Future Drummer

Rasmussen gonna Rasmussen.

PostPosted: Mon April 02, 2018 11:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 5:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The volume of stories and speed of discussion have sort of reached a level where it’s hard to do them justice in a thread like this. There are multiple Pruitt stories out, a president who made wild claims about NATO and Mexico and said that only very stupid people don’t want us to be friends with Russia, a prison term for a lawyer who lied to Mueller to protect his client, multiple right wing conspiracy sites going full salvo after David Hogg, new legal opposition to the census question, and Dr Jill McCabe (or as Fox and Friends calls her, “a nurse”) speaking out. And those are a few of the developments from the last 20 hours.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 5:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

See, I already forgot to include the Amazon attacks on my list, and it’s the first post right above

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 5:33 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
The volume of stories and speed of discussion have sort of reached a level where it’s hard to do them justice in a thread like this. There are multiple Pruitt stories out, a president who made wild claims about NATO and Mexico and said that only very stupid people don’t want us to be friends with Russia, a prison term for a lawyer who lied to Mueller to protect his client, multiple right wing conspiracy sites going full salvo after David Hogg, new legal opposition to the census question, and Dr Jill McCabe (or as Fox and Friends calls her, “a nurse”) speaking out. And those are a few of the developments from the last 20 hours.

Yeah, I have to say that it feels like I've crossed over to a feeling of near-ambivalent numbness just in the last week or so. I'm still holding out hope that Mueller is going to come through with some serious charges just as we're heading into the mid-terms.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 5:40 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Also, a trade war is officially on, so there's that.

tragbigzanda wrote:
I have to say that it feels like I've crossed over to a feeling of near-ambivalent numbness just in the last week or so

Welcome to the club. I've been here the whole time.
Edit: the numbness. Not so much with the ambivalence.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 5:40 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Yeah, I have to say that it feels like I've crossed over to a feeling of near-ambivalent numbness just in the last week or so. I'm still holding out hope that Mueller is going to come through with some serious charges just as we're heading into the mid-terms.

This is them achieving their goal.

Im actually starting to become afraid.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 5:43 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

I don't relate at all...I’m more upset as time goes by. But I also regularly start to come here with news or topics and go “why bother?“ The normalization campaign has succeeded. Stories that would define or destroy any other politician no longer warrant much discussion. They just sink, here and elsewhere.

And it’s not that I think people are just tuning it out, it’s just become too much. I often wonder if some of the stories would receive more attention if they had their own threads, but then that becomes almost spammy.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 5:47 pm 
The Master

This Sinclair stuff is actually the most terrifying news item thus far.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 6:00 pm 
The Master

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm totally terrified, and the Sinclair stuff really is a nasty harbinger of where we're at. But given that nothing seems to stick to the guy, and there doesn't yet seem to be any real alarmist reaction coming from the congressional majority, I just feel like the only two options out are 1) violent protest or 2) Bob Mueller. I'm holding out hope for the latter before I am ready to suit up for the former.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 6:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Also forgot that the “expelled” Russian diplomats are just cycled out, allowed to be replaced by Russia at any time. :facepalm:

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 6:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

And this

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 6:40 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Is the militarization of border patrol a real thing? I saw a headline but I'm too numb to click.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 6:51 pm 
Major Dude

4/5 wrote:
Is the militarization of border patrol a real thing? I saw a headline but I'm too numb to click.

Yep

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 6:52 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:

Quote:
This isn't the first time there's been talk of sending US troops to the border.
Under President George W. Bush, a border deployment of the National Guard known as Operation Jump Start started in 2006 and lasted two years. The operation sent more than 6,000 troops to California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas to repair secondary border fence, construct nearly 1,000 metal barriers and fly border protection agents by helicopter to intercept immigrants trying to enter illegally.
In 2010, the Obama administration deployed National Guard troops as part of a border protection plan.
Officials in 2010 said up to 1,200 National Guard troops would be in place along the US-Mexico border for up to a year to assist US Customs and Border Protection with surveillance and intelligence gathering while the agency worked to hire additional staff.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 6:59 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

4/5 wrote:

He’s had a lot of Fox news and other personalities telling him in recent days that his base is upset that he doesn’t talk tough on immigration anymore.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 7:02 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
4/5 wrote:

Quote:
Under President George W. Bush, a border deployment of the National Guard known as Operation Jump Start started in 2006 and lasted two years. The operation sent more than 6,000 troops to California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas to repair secondary border fence, construct nearly 1,000 metal barriers and fly border protection agents by helicopter to intercept immigrants trying to enter illegally.
In 2010, the Obama administration deployed National Guard troops as part of a border protection plan.
Officials in 2010 said up to 1,200 National Guard troops would be in place along the US-Mexico border for up to a year to assist US Customs and Border Protection with surveillance and intelligence gathering while the agency worked to hire additional staff.

That is a totally reasonable thing to do as countries have a right to protect their borders from invasion.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 7:03 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
Strat wrote:
4/5 wrote:

Quote:

That is a totally reasonable thing to do as countries have a right to protect their borders from invasion.

Yea i can't be too upset about it. It makes more sense than a fucking wall.

PostPosted: Tue April 03, 2018 7:04 pm 
The Master

I just really hate the way DT speaks about it as some hardass who just thought of the idea.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate