The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 896, 897, 898, 899, 900, 901, 902 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 6:50 pm 
Production Police

Ruddo

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 6:51 pm 
Production Police

We’re in the inquiry now, Pelosi “declared” it, effectively giving six separate committees the ability to get to work and start sharing info. They have to vote on passing Articles and beginning an official impeachment process.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 6:55 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Ok got it. So they impeached him today?

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 6:56 pm 
Production Police

Ruddo

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 6:58 pm 
Production Police

Back to joe’s comment that this feels different somehow...I think it’s partly because McConnell and Graham have been relatively silent on this. Apart from Nunes (lol) and Turner (meh), Trump so far appears very much alone.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:06 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Back to joe’s comment that this feels different somehow...I think it’s partly because McConnell and Graham have been relatively silent on this. Apart from Nunes (lol) and Turner (meh), Trump so far appears very much alone.

It is also a much simpler situation rather than that insane tangled web of the Trump Campaign. This is trump, a phone call, a legit whistleblower complaint, and a basic admittance from Trump and Giuliani themselves.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:07 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:
We’re in the inquiry now, Pelosi “declared” it, effectively giving six separate committees the ability to get to work and start sharing info. They have to vote on passing Articles and beginning an official impeachment process.

Impeachment is the actual bringing of charges against the official. The same thing as a grand jury bringing an indictment against an individual. After that, a trial would be held by the Senate. If convicted, then the official is removed from office. The trial/ removal is separate from the impeachment. When they pass the Articles you refer to, that IS the impeachment.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:14 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

The scary thing is now he is basically calling the whistleblower's source a "spy". So there might be (unwarranted) consequences for someone, which in turn will set back the whole whistleblower program a great deal. It is being reported that he wants to know the identity of that person. You know they will find out who.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:25 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
The issue that Maguire had, which seems totally valid from his standpoint, was that there was some question as to whether POTUS could claim executive privilege, which is not under Maguire's purview to decide or act on. So he was taking a precaution of giving the WH extra time to figure out where they stood on that, while simultaneously notifying the main committee that there was going to be a delay for this reason.

For whatever reason, Trump waived that privilege by opting to release the thing.

I like to hear McP's take on that strategy, but I assume it was done stop the press from wild speculation over the contents like what happened with the Mueller report.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:26 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
The scary thing is now he is basically calling the whistleblower's source a "spy". So there might be (unwarranted) consequences for someone, which in turn will set back the whole whistleblower program a great deal. It is being reported that he wants to know the identity of that person. You know they will find out who.

Well, if CHUD's article is correct, the source is a spy. Which makes you wonder if Trump knows the identity

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:37 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
The issue that Maguire had, which seems totally valid from his standpoint, was that there was some question as to whether POTUS could claim executive privilege, which is not under Maguire's purview to decide or act on. So he was taking a precaution of giving the WH extra time to figure out where they stood on that, while simultaneously notifying the main committee that there was going to be a delay for this reason.

For whatever reason, Trump waived that privilege by opting to release the thing.

I like to hear McP's take on that strategy, but I assume it was done stop the press from wild speculation over the contents like what happened with the Mueller report.

I think the initial hope was to point to the lack of a directly stated quid pro quo in the transcript, and then suppress the whistleblower report. Keep in mind that most of the legal advice Trump is getting these days is of a decidedly lesser quality than in the early days of the Mueller investigation. It’s not hard to imagine Rudy thinking that they could spin the absence of a stated squid pro row to make it look like nothing at all. That’s probably why Donald is still, even today when everyone knows what’s in it, describing it as a perfectly fine call in front of reporters. He thought that would be sufficient spin. Also keep in mind that they didn’t necessarily care to hide the scandal of it...they figured (and still pray) that they could turn the massive media explosion into a he said she said of Trump’s behaviors and Biden’s corruption. That worked well for them in 2016, and they were naïve enough to think this would play the same way.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:38 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:39 pm 

Bi_3 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Well, if CHUD's article is correct, the source is a spy. Which makes you wonder if Trump knows the identity

I'm not sure that is what Trump means, though. His context is that the person is a spy against the United States and should be punished as such.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

you don't think the fact that there's not a single whistleblower who has emerged on the other side has anything to do with it?

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:46 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

They’ve got the audio of him up. One thing to read the words, another to hear them.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... most-a-spy

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:47 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
They’ve got the audio of him up. One thing to read the words, another to hear them.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... most-a-spy

1)I cant believe people laugh and 2) there is a fucking child in there as well

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 7:55 pm 
Major Dude

When he releases the name of this person, his Trumpfucks will try to kill him. He’s already insinuated he needs to be killed.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 8:06 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 8:10 pm 
Production Police

BurtReynolds wrote:

...and Burt will have an extended 90-day orgasm while it all plays out.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2019 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

One thousand fucking pages....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 896, 897, 898, 899, 900, 901, 902 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate