The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 7:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

What the absolute fuck

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 7:29 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

So the administration is openly considering handing the people who made the Magnitsky Act happen, including a former US Ambassador, over to Putin for questioning and possible charges? And also oddly characterizing the people of Montenegro as hostile in light of no context whatsoever? Right after meeting with Putin?

What could this possibly be, other than either a desperate quid pro quo offering or a bumbling simpleton’s response to a strong man’s praise? What glasses are required to see this as the behavior of a genius alpha god-quality leader?

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 7:35 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

McParadigm wrote:
So the administration is openly considering handing the people who made the Magnitsky Act happen, including a former US Ambassador, over to Putin for questioning and possible charges? And also oddly characterizing the people of Montenegro as hostile in light of no context whatsoever? Right after meeting with Putin?

What could this possibly be, other than either a desperate quid pro quo offering or a bumbling simpleton’s response to a strong man’s praise? What glasses are required to see this as the behavior of a genius alpha god-quality leader?

Neville Chamberlain is blushing.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 7:46 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

McParadigm wrote:

Wait, what?

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 7:48 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Wait, what?

I must have missed one of McP's twitter thread postings.

God, i fucking hate those.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 8:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

White House Press Briefing
Quote:
The White House said Wednesday that President Trump is open to Russia questioning U.S. citizens, including former U.S. ambassador to Russian Michael McFaul.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that Trump is "gonna meet with his team" and discuss the possibility of allowing Russia to question the U.S. citizens.

"There was some conversation about it but there wasn't a commitment made on behalf of the United States," Sanders said. "The president will work with his team and we'll let you know if there's an announcement on that front."

Unstated here:
1. The only reason for the interviews would be to justify charges against key players in the creation of the sanctions act.

2. “Considering it” almost always turns out to have meant the president wants to do it, but is getting pushback.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 8:10 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 8:11 pm 
Polluted

Jesus Fucking Christ. Make it double, Dougray.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 8:18 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
Quote:
The White House said Wednesday that President Trump is open to Russia questioning U.S. citizens, including former U.S. ambassador to Russian Michael McFaul.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that Trump is "gonna meet with his team" and discuss the possibility of allowing Russia to question the U.S. citizens.

"There was some conversation about it but there wasn't a commitment made on behalf of the United States," Sanders said. "The president will work with his team and we'll let you know if there's an announcement on that front."

Unstated here:
1. The only reason for the interviews would be to justify charges against key players in the creation of the sanctions act.

2. “Considering it” almost always turns out to have meant the president wants to do it, but is getting pushback.

The democrats are such fucking pussies. Putin suggests coordinating with the investigation and Trump appears to want to go ahead with it? I heard something yesterday that since Russian hasn't officially been named as an enemy of the US, that Trump can basically get away with all of this bullshit. If HRC or Barack or any democrat were to pull this shit the Republicans would have them thrown in jail and be successful at it.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 8:59 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 9:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

McParadigm wrote:
Quote:

Unstated here:

Let's say this happens. Russia interviews our citizens but does any really think there would be a quid pro quo of Mueller interviewing the people they ID'd?

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 9:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bune wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Quote:

Unstated here:

Let's say this happens. Russia interviews our citizens but does any really think there would be a quid pro quo of Mueller interviewing the people they ID'd?

The interview itself, which would essentially declare Putin’s long running false accusations as equal to Mueller’s actual evidence of Russian intelligence efforts, would be the win.

It would be Putin’s win first and foremost...but also Trump’s win, in that it could be used in support of his “everybody does it” defense of election interference. “They did a thing, we did a thing, it’s all fixed now. I fixed it.”

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 10:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm wrote:

yep. which is why there is no chance of a meaningful infrastructure bill. they gave it all away in corporate tax cuts

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 10:38 pm 
The Master

Quote:
Speaking to CBS, Trump said he would consider Putin culpable because he's Russia's leader.

"I would because he's in charge of the country just like I consider myself to be responsible for things that happen in this country," Trump said. "So certainly as the leader of the country you would have to hold him responsible."

The whiplash is making nauseous.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 10:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
Quote:
Speaking to CBS, Trump said he would consider Putin culpable because he's Russia's leader.

"I would because he's in charge of the country just like I consider myself to be responsible for things that happen in this country," Trump said. "So certainly as the leader of the country you would have to hold him responsible."

That this is getting any sort of amplification is offensive. There is nothing about the prologue past or about his approach to anything that suggests this is true, and yet it gets turned into headlines, tweets, and CNN banners all afternoon. Most people only see the headlines, or scan cable news briefly. The claim is going to get so much more exposure than any doubt or fact checking around it.

The news still hasn’t figured out how to be the news in this environment.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 10:50 pm 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
Strat wrote:
Quote:

That this is getting any sort of amplification is offensive. There is nothing about the prologue past or about his approach to anything that suggests this is true, and yet it gets turned into headlines, tweets, and CNN banners all afternoon. Most people only see the headlines, or scan cable news briefly. The claim is going to get so much more exposure than any doubt or fact checking around it.

The news still hasn’t figured out how to be the news in this environment.

It is quite astounding that for the past two days most news outlets headlines did not include "or it was other people. Theres lots of people out there"

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 11:13 pm 
Production Police

So it looks like this Erickson fellow is going to become important very quickly:

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 11:21 pm 
The Master

Im not sure how I feel about Seth Abramson though

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 11:35 pm 
Production Police

why's that? apart from his occasional self-promotion, which I find obnoxious, he seems to know his shit

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 12:49 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i think strat might be racist...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate