The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18226
Location: Cumberland, RI
4/5 wrote:
My school did a moment of silence and then a tribute video made by the school's ROTC program this morning. No big deal, pretty standard fare until the video devolved into a diatribe of how "they" hate us for our freedom and because we're a beacon of democracy and liberty. I was floored. It was like it was like listening to the Bush administration in 2001/02 again. Five minutes of how we're strong and angry blah blah blah.

Thought of this post from 4/5 last year:


_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20192
Holy shit

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
holy shit

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42266
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Big if true
Image

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State
what the actual fuck is that person on, and can we make sure she never has access to it again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 1130
I was opening up Best Buy in Dunwoody. This customer met me at the door and told me a plane had flown into the World Trade Centers. My manager let him in (we didn't open until 9:00). By the time the 2nd plane hit there were 40 people in the store watching the TV's. There were probably 150 people watching when the first tower fell. We sold every TV we had in the store that morning. People were bringing them back to their offices to watch until the few tall buildings near us were evacuated.

I remember coming home and my roomate and I just being glued to the TV, hearing no planes in the sky. It still amazes me that Bush allowed or assisted the Bin Laden family to fly out of the country when every other plane was grounded.

I read Bin Laden's letter to America again today. He was pretty pissed off about the whole Israel/Palestine thing. I've been thinking about the IRAQ>disbanding army>ISIS>destabilization>thousands of baby terrorists being made all morning.

I needed the funny in this thread. The Marriott "gift" made me laugh again this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State
Hatfield wrote:
I was opening up Best Buy in Dunwoody. This customer met me at the door and told me a plane had flown into the World Trade Centers. My manager let him in (we didn't open until 9:00). By the time the 2nd plane hit there were 40 people in the store watching the TV's. There were probably 150 people watching when the first tower fell. We sold every TV we had in the store that morning. People were bringing them back to their offices to watch until the few tall buildings near us were evacuated.

I remember coming home and my roomate and I just being glued to the TV, hearing no planes in the sky. It still amazes me that Bush allowed or assisted the Bin Laden family to fly out of the country when every other plane was grounded.

I read Bin Laden's letter to America again today. He was pretty pissed off about the whole Israel/Palestine thing. I've been thinking about the IRAQ>disbanding army>ISIS>destabilization>thousands of baby terrorists being made all morning.

I needed the funny in this thread. The Marriott "gift" made me laugh again this year!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/flights-of-fancy/

Man Snopes' UI is terrible.

This is the bit that sounds the strangest to me:
Quote:
After his initial denial,[163][164][165] in the wake of the attacks, bin Laden announced, "what the United States is tasting today is nothing compared to what we have tasted for decades. Our umma has known this humiliation and contempt for over eighty years. Its sons are killed, its blood is spilled, its holy sites are attacked, and it is not governed according to Allah's command. Despite this, no one cares".[
So he initially said it wasn't them, but changed his mind? I do wonder frequently about that change of heart.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 6318

_________________
doug rr wrote:
i was busy grilling meat...i'll try to keep up..i could use some help from you cunts when its busy though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 5:57 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:26 pm
Posts: 370
The government most to blame is Saudi Arabia. And we're propping it up.

_________________
Trump getting voted out in 2020 is now the last line of defence for the NHS.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 6:04 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30484
Location: the beach
crazy day..i was working for united airlines at the time and "thankfully" had the day off and watched it all unfold via the today show in denver..my wife and i were supposed to fly to london on thursday via nyc but cancelled..i went into work the next day and I've never seen so many airplanes just sitting everywhere on a tarmac with nowhere to go..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 24105
Location: Where everybody knows your name
doug rr wrote:
crazy day..i was working for united airlines at the time and "thankfully" had the day off and watched it all unfold via the today show in denver..my wife and i were supposed to fly to london on thursday via nyc but cancelled..i went into work the next day and I've never seen so many airplanes just sitting everywhere on a tarmac with nowhere to go..

You were a stewardess?

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 7:48 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30484
Location: the beach
wease wrote:
doug rr wrote:
crazy day..i was working for united airlines at the time and "thankfully" had the day off and watched it all unfold via the today show in denver..my wife and i were supposed to fly to london on thursday via nyc but cancelled..i went into work the next day and I've never seen so many airplanes just sitting everywhere on a tarmac with nowhere to go..

You were a stewardess?

yes


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 24105
Location: Where everybody knows your name
doug rr wrote:
wease wrote:
doug rr wrote:
crazy day..i was working for united airlines at the time and "thankfully" had the day off and watched it all unfold via the today show in denver..my wife and i were supposed to fly to london on thursday via nyc but cancelled..i went into work the next day and I've never seen so many airplanes just sitting everywhere on a tarmac with nowhere to go..

You were a stewardess?

yes

So, how is the pay in that line of work?

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 8:11 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30484
Location: the beach
wease wrote:
doug rr wrote:
wease wrote:
doug rr wrote:
crazy day..i was working for united airlines at the time and "thankfully" had the day off and watched it all unfold via the today show in denver..my wife and i were supposed to fly to london on thursday via nyc but cancelled..i went into work the next day and I've never seen so many airplanes just sitting everywhere on a tarmac with nowhere to go..

You were a stewardess?

yes

So, how is the pay in that line of work?

i was joking..i managed gate agents..i did it for the free first class flights


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23916
Location: Mizzou
My dad was working on a job site near Offut Air Force base where George W was first flown to. Imagine having quiet skies and then Air Force One flanked by fighter jets flying low overhead.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42266
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
bune wrote:

Haha

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 13023
Location: An office full of assholes
i was sitting in a meeting in an upper floor in what was then called the "sears tower" (now willis tower). needless to say, we were evacuated pretty quickly. that tower is like the world trade center in that if you're above a certain floor, you have to take one elevator down to that certain floor and then take a second elevator down to the lobby. the elevator vestibule on the 55th floor was so packed that you couldn't get on any free elevators. people were starting to panic. a bunch of us said fuck it and took the 55 flights of stairs, thinking we were heroes or something (which we later felt stupid about after hearing the stories of the firefighters going up the wtc stairs). i walked the 2 miles home because you couldn't get a bus or train (everything was packed). i got home just in time to see the second tower fall. i'm pretty sure i smoked a pack of cigarettes that day.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Washington State
we had just finished PT that morning when the first attack happened. we got a call and were told to turn the TV on just in time to catch the second attack. no clue what to do, our command didn't know what to do, so they told us to go to work as per normal. on the drive to work we listened to the radio and got to hear the towers fell. that was crazy. got to the front gate of the air station and they were turning everyone but residents and command away so we had to go back home to the army post where they were also turning everyone away.

we were way out in the boonies (20-ish miles outside of Yuma) so we didn't notice a difference in air plane noise.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Wed September 11, 2019 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56297
Location: Sector 7-G
doug rr wrote:
wease wrote:
doug rr wrote:
crazy day..i was working for united airlines at the time and "thankfully" had the day off and watched it all unfold via the today show in denver..my wife and i were supposed to fly to london on thursday via nyc but cancelled..i went into work the next day and I've never seen so many airplanes just sitting everywhere on a tarmac with nowhere to go..

You were a stewardess?

yes

Image


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu October 01, 2020 9:05 am