Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

The Happy 9/11 Thread!

Fri September 09, 2016 1:55 am

Big 15th anniversary coming up! How are you celebrating?

Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!

Fri September 09, 2016 1:58 am

ho hum. never forget :nice:

Fri September 09, 2016 2:00 am

Forget what?

Fri September 09, 2016 2:02 am

aleppo

Fri September 09, 2016 2:04 am

Says who?

Fri September 09, 2016 2:50 am

It was my dad's birthday. Also Love and Theft came out on 9/11.

Fri September 09, 2016 2:58 am

Man, Love and Theft is so fucking good.

Fri September 09, 2016 3:00 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:Man, Love and Theft is so fucking good.

Fact: yes

Fri September 09, 2016 3:02 am

Simple Torture wrote:Big 15th anniversary coming up! How are you celebrating?

fan. tastic.

Fri September 09, 2016 3:03 pm

My dog died on 9/11.

Fri September 09, 2016 3:08 pm

CopperTom wrote:My dog died on 9/11.
I was thinking about asking how everyone found out.

The night before, I went to bed after watching the Broncos beat the Giants on MNF, but concerned that they likely lost Ed McCaffrey for the year with that gruesome broken leg. Suffice to say I forgot about that for a while when I woke up and all the carnage had already happened (living in the Pacific Time Zone at that time).

Fri September 09, 2016 3:11 pm

So would you say that was your personal 9/11?

Fri September 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Green Habit wrote:

The night before, I went to bed after watching the Broncos beat the Giants on MNF, but concerned that they likely lost Ed McCaffrey for the year with that gruesome broken leg. Suffice to say I forgot about that for a while when I woke up and all the carnage had already happened (living in the Pacific Time Zone at that time).

I was in high school and they announced it over the loudspeaker during homeroom. We all said the Our Father together.

Fri September 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

I was in high school and they announced it over the loudspeaker during homeroom. We all said the Our Father together.

I was a junior and had first period study that day. Juniors still had to report for first period study, unlike seniors who could come in late in that situation, so I was in a classroom with two other students and the teacher and we had good morning america or the today show or whatever on. I think we were the only ones in my school that saw the second plane hit live on tv.

Fri September 09, 2016 3:53 pm

I was in math class. Our main concern was that the TV remain on and the lesson not continue.

Fri September 09, 2016 3:55 pm

I waked-and-baked, and didn't even know what was going on until later that afternoon. But I did leave for a cross-country road trip with my girlfriend on 9/12, and that was an interesting experience -- we didn't have cell phones, so we were periodically getting updates from random conversations with people across the country.

Fri September 09, 2016 3:59 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:I waked-and-baked, and didn't even know what was going on until later that afternoon. But I did leave for a cross-country road trip with my girlfriend on 9/12, and that was an interesting experience -- we didn't have cell phones, so we were periodically getting updates from random conversations with people across the country.

Did your car have a radio?

Fri September 09, 2016 4:01 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:I waked-and-baked, and didn't even know what was going on until later that afternoon. But I did leave for a cross-country road trip with my girlfriend on 9/12, and that was an interesting experience -- we didn't have cell phones, so we were periodically getting updates from random conversations with people across the country.

Did your car have a radio?

Yea, but again we could look up stations online, so we were constantly flipping through channels trying to get some sort of news. Bits and pieces. We got to Olympia, WA five days later and had almost no idea what was going on up to that point.

Fri September 09, 2016 4:01 pm

waked-and-baked, or woke-and-baked?

Fri September 09, 2016 4:02 pm

Wake and baked?
Post a reply