The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 1:55 am 
Online
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18218
Location: Cumberland, RI
Big 15th anniversary coming up! How are you celebrating?




_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43612
Location: Mountains
ho hum. never forget :nice:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 2:00 am 
Online
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18218
Location: Cumberland, RI
Forget what?

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43612
Location: Mountains
aleppo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 2:04 am 
Online
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18218
Location: Cumberland, RI
Says who?

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20181
It was my dad's birthday. Also Love and Theft came out on 9/11.

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 2:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56285
Location: Sector 7-G
Man, Love and Theft is so fucking good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20181
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Man, Love and Theft is so fucking good.

Fact: yes

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:02 am 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42256
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Simple Torture wrote:
Big 15th anniversary coming up! How are you celebrating?




fan. tastic.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Champion of RM
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 11760
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
My dog died on 9/11.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 6495
CopperTom wrote:
My dog died on 9/11.
I was thinking about asking how everyone found out.

The night before, I went to bed after watching the Broncos beat the Giants on MNF, but concerned that they likely lost Ed McCaffrey for the year with that gruesome broken leg. Suffice to say I forgot about that for a while when I woke up and all the carnage had already happened (living in the Pacific Time Zone at that time).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:11 pm 
Online
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18218
Location: Cumberland, RI
CopperTom wrote:
My dog died on 9/11.


So would you say that was your personal 9/11?

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:12 pm 
Online
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18218
Location: Cumberland, RI
Green Habit wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
My dog died on 9/11.
I was thinking about asking how everyone found out.

The night before, I went to bed after watching the Broncos beat the Giants on MNF, but concerned that they likely lost Ed McCaffrey for the year with that gruesome broken leg. Suffice to say I forgot about that for a while when I woke up and all the carnage had already happened (living in the Pacific Time Zone at that time).


I was in high school and they announced it over the loudspeaker during homeroom. We all said the Our Father together.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56285
Location: Sector 7-G
Simple Torture wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
My dog died on 9/11.
I was thinking about asking how everyone found out.

The night before, I went to bed after watching the Broncos beat the Giants on MNF, but concerned that they likely lost Ed McCaffrey for the year with that gruesome broken leg. Suffice to say I forgot about that for a while when I woke up and all the carnage had already happened (living in the Pacific Time Zone at that time).


I was in high school and they announced it over the loudspeaker during homeroom. We all said the Our Father together.

I was a junior and had first period study that day. Juniors still had to report for first period study, unlike seniors who could come in late in that situation, so I was in a classroom with two other students and the teacher and we had good morning america or the today show or whatever on. I think we were the only ones in my school that saw the second plane hit live on tv.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 12108
Location: there all is aching
I was in math class. Our main concern was that the TV remain on and the lesson not continue.

_________________
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a great post, tommy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
I waked-and-baked, and didn't even know what was going on until later that afternoon. But I did leave for a cross-country road trip with my girlfriend on 9/12, and that was an interesting experience -- we didn't have cell phones, so we were periodically getting updates from random conversations with people across the country.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56285
Location: Sector 7-G
tragabigzanda wrote:
I waked-and-baked, and didn't even know what was going on until later that afternoon. But I did leave for a cross-country road trip with my girlfriend on 9/12, and that was an interesting experience -- we didn't have cell phones, so we were periodically getting updates from random conversations with people across the country.

Did your car have a radio?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
cutuphalfdead wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I waked-and-baked, and didn't even know what was going on until later that afternoon. But I did leave for a cross-country road trip with my girlfriend on 9/12, and that was an interesting experience -- we didn't have cell phones, so we were periodically getting updates from random conversations with people across the country.

Did your car have a radio?

Yea, but again we could look up stations online, so we were constantly flipping through channels trying to get some sort of news. Bits and pieces. We got to Olympia, WA five days later and had almost no idea what was going on up to that point.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
waked-and-baked, or woke-and-baked?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Happy 9/11 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri September 09, 2016 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 12108
Location: there all is aching
Wake and baked?

_________________
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a great post, tommy


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: B, Simple Torture, tree_ and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed September 30, 2020 9:15 pm