Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?

Tue April 13, 2021 12:14 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Double plus good newspeak

It certainly wasn't a typical school shooting where the objective is the highest possible body count.

Those are the rarest, but most sensationalized form. It's usually small groups fighting and a group member gets a gun and fires at the opposing group on school grounds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ted_States

This one in particular is probably going through message shaping due to other events across the country.

Wed April 14, 2021 6:05 am

Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

It certainly wasn't a typical school shooting where the objective is the highest possible body count.

Those are the rarest, but most sensationalized form. It's usually small groups fighting and a group member gets a gun and fires at the opposing group on school grounds.

This one in particular is probably going through message shaping due to other events across the country.

Small groups fighting sounds like a euphemism for something.

Somebody said something to the effect that there are two types of mass shootings (per whatever terrible definition you want, 4, 5 victims, whatever).

1) Mass shootings with relatively few dead and more injured where the shooter hopes to get away.

2) Mass shootings with the shooter confirming the kill and relatively few injured making it. Shooter ends up dead or captured.

These probably should be labeled differently. Scenario one happens all the time. Scenario two is something like "high profile mass shooting with tons of nation press coverage and copycats down the line".

Wed April 14, 2021 11:34 am

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Small groups fighting sounds like a euphemism for something.

Somebody said something to the effect that there are two types of mass shootings (per whatever terrible definition you want, 4, 5 victims, whatever).

1) Mass shootings with relatively few dead and more injured where the shooter hopes to get away.

2) Mass shootings with the shooter confirming the kill and relatively few injured making it. Shooter ends up dead or captured.

These probably should be labeled differently. Scenario one happens all the time. Scenario two is something like "high profile mass shooting with tons of nation press coverage and copycats down the line".

I just based that on the details in the link above, no offense meant.

Fri April 16, 2021 12:07 pm

And another.

I don’t want to live In America anymore :(

Fri April 16, 2021 1:11 pm

Strat wrote:And another.

I don’t want to live In America anymore :(

It just doesn’t make any sense. When is Mars opening again?

Fri April 16, 2021 1:41 pm

24 instances in April 2021

Fri April 16, 2021 2:12 pm

At least the shooter is no more.

At least 8 people killed in shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility; suspect also dead

Fri April 16, 2021 2:44 pm

Stickman wrote:At least the shooter is no more.

At least 8 people killed in shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility; suspect also dead

Seems pretty common.
My town the other day a few hundred feet from the apartment I lived in.

Fri April 16, 2021 7:35 pm

Almost another?

https://nypost.com/2021/04/16/man-with- ... y-station/

Fri April 16, 2021 8:19 pm

oasisfan35 wrote:

Seems pretty common.
My town the other day a few hundred feet from the apartment I lived in.

My youngest brother lives very close, says there were roads near him blocked off. Wild story for a place like Branford!

Fri April 16, 2021 11:24 pm

It's increasingly obvious, again, that collectively as a nation we don't care when these things happen.

Sat April 17, 2021 12:18 am

Biff Pocoroba wrote:It's increasingly obvious, again, that collectively as a nation we don't care when these things happen.

thoughts and prayers!

Sat April 17, 2021 12:29 am

I guess it’s gotten to the point where there are two groups of people, those who want to do something to stop this from happening again, and those who say “sure as long as you don’t take my guns”. Seems as though owning guns is a more important right than life right now.

Sat April 17, 2021 12:35 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I guess it’s gotten to the point where there are two groups of people, those who want to do something to stop this from happening again, and those who say “sure as long as you don’t take my guns”. Seems as though owning guns is a more important right than life right now.

I wouldn’t say “right now” is a necessary qualifier. Lots of people have felt that way their entire lives and always will.

Sat April 17, 2021 12:35 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I guess it’s gotten to the point where there are two groups of people, those who want to do something to stop this from happening again, and those who say “sure as long as you don’t take my guns”. Seems as though owning guns is a more important right than life right now.

"Taking away guns" is logistically impossible. It's baked in at this point.

Sat April 17, 2021 12:38 am

So are the mass shootings it seems. Just something we have to live with i guess?

Sat April 17, 2021 12:40 am

We have to make sacrifices for our rights and freedoms, right? Not many wars going on so i guess the sacrifice is innocent lives so we can have guns.

Sat April 17, 2021 12:40 am

I blame the internet.

Sat April 17, 2021 12:42 am

verb_to_trust wrote:

It’s been done before.

Sat April 17, 2021 12:46 am

spike wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

It’s been done before.

Not here. You are truly delusional if you think it's possible in America.
Post a reply