Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?

Sun February 07, 2021 6:40 am

Pennslyvania consists of Pittsburgh and Philly. The Pocanos are outside my understanding of this state.

Sun February 07, 2021 3:10 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:Pennslyvania consists of Pittsburgh and Philly. The Pocanos are outside my understanding of this state.
I think you have to say Keystone and Nittany Lions in order to capture everything. Not sure. Don't really care to verify.

Thu February 11, 2021 6:42 am

There's a proposed bill that would require every adult in a household with a firearm to undergo psychological screening. I think the back of the envelope math would mean psychologists would have a decade long backlog to get through. Do congress critters get elected based on inability to do basic math?

See: inability of British parliament to accurately identify the likelihood of getting two 'heads' in a row on a coin flip.

Thu February 11, 2021 11:53 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:There's a proposed bill that would require every adult in a household with a firearm to undergo psychological screening. I think the back of the envelope math would mean psychologists would have a decade long backlog to get through. Do congress critters get elected based on inability to do basic math?

See: inability of British parliament to accurately identify the likelihood of getting two 'heads' in a row on a coin flip.

Maybe we should invest more in evaluators and regular, fully reimbursed treatment of mental illness. But no, no, let's vote against this, your point makes sense...

Fri February 12, 2021 12:01 am

elliseamos wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:There's a proposed bill that would require every adult in a household with a firearm to undergo psychological screening. I think the back of the envelope math would mean psychologists would have a decade long backlog to get through. Do congress critters get elected based on inability to do basic math?

Maybe we should invest more in evaluators and regular, fully reimbursed treatment of mental illness. But no, no, let's vote against this, your point makes sense...

There are ~72M gun owners in the US. That's owners, not adult household co-residents of owners. There are ~190k psychologists in the US (not sure if that is licensed or not) with a highly not-beneficial distribution:

That bill, while well intentioned, is impossible to implement.

Fri February 12, 2021 12:03 am

Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

There are ~72M gun owners in the US. That's owners, not adult household co-residents of owners. There are ~190k psychologists in the US (not sure if that is licensed or not) with a highly not-beneficial distribution:

That bill, while well intentioned, is impossible to implement.
overlay that with gun owners, bc what that psych map shows me is population density (more or less). Then let's factor in how treatment is paid for and I'm still thinking you're right... "too complicated."

Fri February 12, 2021 12:27 am

Closest I could find in a 2 min search:

Fri February 12, 2021 1:48 am

Bi_3 wrote:Closest I could find in a 2 min search:

the yahoo map seems to support my point (it's population), while the % map makes me wonder what I'm missing about Hawaii? 45%?

Sun February 14, 2021 6:03 am

So, 30-06 has gone up like 6x since I last bought it. Are people buying a lot of 30-06? Are manufacturers just switching over to 5.56 and handgun cartridges?

Are boomers buying up all the 30-06 that they can for their hunting rifles and Garands?

This is the cartridge your uncle bought like 2 boxes a year to zero in his hunting rifle before deer season. You just don't shoot much of this unless you're doing competitons, in which it is a poor choice.

Tue February 16, 2021 1:35 am

12 year old shot.... at home invaders and killed one. :thumbsup:

https://apple.news/AQqfWsYlUT1mAo8Gq5wJ3qw

Tue February 16, 2021 4:46 am

Bi_3 wrote:12 year old shot.... at home invaders and killed one. :thumbsup:

Did the cops give him a bottle of water?

Tue February 16, 2021 12:10 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:

He was dead.

Sun February 21, 2021 8:32 am

elliseamos wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

He was dead.

The twelve year old? News to me.

Tue March 02, 2021 8:24 am

Tea cupping was army standard? That explains a lot of things.

Wed March 17, 2021 5:23 am

8 dead in series of Atlanta-area massage parlors shootings

Wed March 17, 2021 5:39 am

:heartbeat: probability & statistics

Wed March 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Massage parlor shooter looks as expected

Wed March 17, 2021 4:00 pm

“Yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.”

What a stupid thing to say.

Wed March 17, 2021 5:39 pm

McParadigm wrote:“Yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.”

Today's been a bad day for me, so I got McDonald's for lunch.

Tomāto, tomăto.

Wed March 17, 2021 5:47 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
McParadigm wrote:“Yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.”

Today's been a bad day for me, so I got McDonald's for lunch.

Tomāto, tomăto.

Today's been a bad day for me, so I had tequila.
Post a reply