Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?

Thu July 23, 2020 12:08 am

Thu July 23, 2020 3:14 am

simple schoolboy wrote:McCloskey update. I can't figure how the local prosecutor is going to take this to trial:

https://www.ksdk.com/amp/article/news/local/gardner-staffer-ordered-crime-lab-to-reassemble-patricia-mccloskeys-gun/63-be112149-d06c-4f54-a225-6545e74b5c2d?__twitter_impression=true

It’ll be a mess. There’s a uneasy situation between attorney Gardner and the St. Louis city and police. She supposedly at the beginning of her term had a list of officers that if a case came up that involved any officer on this list, she wouldn’t see it. It’s been said she’s lax on looters/rioters and tough on police and “the right”

Now it’s negligent for Ken and Karen to be pointing the weapons, but technically the protestors were on private property. But if others on the private property didn’t fear for their lives then it’s going to be a tough case for McCloskeys to defend.

Wed July 29, 2020 7:22 am

blueviper wrote:

It’ll be a mess. There’s a uneasy situation between attorney Gardner and the St. Louis city and police. She supposedly at the beginning of her term had a list of officers that if a case came up that involved any officer on this list, she wouldn’t see it. It’s been said she’s lax on looters/rioters and tough on police and “the right”

Now it’s negligent for Ken and Karen to be pointing the weapons, but technically the protestors were on private property. But if others on the private property didn’t fear for their lives then it’s going to be a tough case for McCloskeys to defend.

The list of officers thing sounds like it could be an unreliable witness list. Most localities maintain such a list of officers known to have lied under oath. Prosecutors won't call them as a result and may drop cases that they are integral to. Maybe the list you refer to is different, but the scenario I described occurs pretty much everywhere.

Wed July 29, 2020 7:26 am

In case you missed it, a pretty good use of Rammstein:

Wed July 29, 2020 8:05 pm

So thats why the NFAC had so many negligent discharges. :roll:

Thu July 30, 2020 3:41 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:
blueviper wrote:

The list of officers thing sounds like it could be an unreliable witness list. Most localities maintain such a list of officers known to have lied under oath. Prosecutors won't call them as a result and may drop cases that they are integral to. Maybe the list you refer to is different, but the scenario I described occurs pretty much everywhere.

This makes sense.

Tue August 04, 2020 5:37 am

blueviper wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
blueviper wrote:

This makes sense.

It only makes sense due to the existence of police unions. Testifying in court seems like an important police duty. If they can't do that, why are they still employed?

Tue August 04, 2020 5:50 am

I'm seeing 9mm thats 2-3 times the cost of the before times.

I'm also hearing folx doing mag dumps into (the hillside? the air?) on a nightly basis. Is this where the extra $600 in UI has been going?

Apparently all these new gun buyers settled on 9mm, 5.56mm, or 12 gauge. Stick with fudd calibers and things are mostly normal.

Mon August 10, 2020 5:16 am

California has banned 'firearm precursors' , and that definition is rather vague so aluminium billet of a certain size, or steel tube with a particular OD could be affected.

In other news, brass cased 5.56 is going for $0.60/ rd FMJ, and 7.62x51 is going for $1/rd for FMJ.

Damn you new gun owners, shit was chill for a while 2017-2019.

Fri August 14, 2020 5:11 am

simple schoolboy wrote:I'm seeing 9mm thats 2-3 times the cost of the before times.

I'm also hearing folx doing mag dumps into (the hillside? the air?) on a nightly basis. Is this where the extra $600 in UI has been going?

Apparently all these new gun buyers settled on 9mm, 5.56mm, or 12 gauge. Stick with fudd calibers and things are mostly normal.

I don't know if these desk popping folks are aware, but someone just popped of at least $6 worth of ammo at current prices. The joke is on them when they try to re-up.

*Edit* This post brought to you by pure cope

Fri August 14, 2020 6:38 pm

9th circuit panel has ruled that high capacity magazine bans are unconstitutional. It will be reheard en banc, and is expected to be upheld. Sounds like California is getting a freedom week 2.0

Fri August 14, 2020 11:21 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:9th circuit panel has ruled that high capacity magazine bans are unconstitutional. It will be reheard en banc, and is expected to be upheld. Sounds like California is getting a freedom week 2.0

How can a magazine be unconstitutional?

If you want to amend the constitution or write a law stating that they are illegal cool. A part of a gun that holds rounds is not unconstitutional. Otherwise a trunk or a shopping cart might as well be unconstitutional.

Sat August 15, 2020 12:16 am

Electromatic wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:9th circuit panel has ruled that high capacity magazine bans are unconstitutional. It will be reheard en banc, and is expected to be upheld. Sounds like California is getting a freedom week 2.0

If you want to amend the constitution or write a law stating that they are illegal cool. A part of a gun that holds rounds is not unconstitutional. Otherwise a trunk or a shopping cart might as well be unconstitutional.

A ban on high capacity magazines is unconstitutional. Sorry if my terrible writing style obscured that.

Sat August 15, 2020 1:31 am

simple schoolboy wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

A ban on high capacity magazines is unconstitutional. Sorry if my terrible writing style obscured that.

Oh I’m sorry, I was reading on my phone. I probably misread what you wrote.

Sat August 15, 2020 4:49 am

What’s up guys a 5 year old got shot by his 25 year old neighbor.

Guns.

Cannon Hinnant

Sat August 15, 2020 5:58 am

Bammer wrote:What’s up guys a 5 year old got shot by his 25 year old neighbor.

Guns.

Cannon Hinnant

Not the preffered arrative-nay.

Sat August 15, 2020 6:02 am

Also, probably only doable because of Trump appointed judge. I was suprised to read that its expected to be upheld en banc, cuz it is the 9th after all.

With Roberts being very hesitant to hear 2A cases, it sounds like we might get some unresolved conflicts between circuit decisions for some time.

Thu August 20, 2020 9:11 pm

The dems want to ban the importation of foreign made AR-15s. Its as if they can't be arsed to do basic research on existing laws and market conditions.

Sun August 23, 2020 5:00 am

3-D printed and electro-machined firearms continue apace.

Thu August 27, 2020 1:04 am

A 17-year-old suspect has been arrested and charged with first-degree intentional homicide after two people were killed and another injured during the third night of protests for Jacob Blake in Kenosha, WI
Post a reply