Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?

Fri January 26, 2018 6:06 pm

I think the inability to change is a pretty solid definition for male fragility.

Fri January 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Speaking of which, another close call:

http://www.wtae.com/article/uniontown-area-high-school-shooting-threat-reported/15892739

Sat January 27, 2018 4:09 am

jwfocker wrote:Combine male fragility with white male fragility and well now you have a supernova of violence.

This is the most retarded sentence in the history of RM, and that includes Stip's movie posts.

Mon January 29, 2018 12:51 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:
jwfocker wrote:Combine male fragility with white male fragility and well now you have a supernova of violence.

This is the most retarded sentence in the history of RM, and that includes Stip's movie posts.

Hahaha coming from you this means nothing to me. :thumbsup:

Mon January 29, 2018 12:52 pm

In fact it confirms my point.

Mon January 29, 2018 1:16 pm

Combine male fragility with white male fragility and you get white mmaallee ffrraaggiilliittyy

Mon January 29, 2018 1:37 pm

jwfocker wrote:In fact it confirms my point.

No one ever knows what your points is... we just try and avoid the abuse that results from disagreeing.

Mon January 29, 2018 3:45 pm

theplatypus wrote:Combine male fragility with white male fragility and you get white mmaallee ffrraaggiilliittyy

It's Italian, it's pronounced "Fra-GEE-leh".

Mon January 29, 2018 11:25 pm

jwfocker wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Hahaha coming from you this means nothing to me. :thumbsup:

Mods?! I shouldn't have to take this abuse!

Mon January 29, 2018 11:30 pm

burt

Tue January 30, 2018 12:14 am

Snowflake alert

Tue January 30, 2018 12:24 am

Cuckatoo

Tue January 30, 2018 12:39 am

I'm being harassed online by trolls #worsethanrape

Tue January 30, 2018 7:02 am

Late night debate time:

jwfocker wrote:In fact it confirms my point.

The problem is framed in such away that any reasonable response (anger, indignation, protest) will confirm your point. Not only is the phrase ill formed, but it is purposely so. It's SJW well-poisoning and is designed to stifle dissent.

The word "fragility" isn't chosen because it was the best descriptor of a phenomenon they claim exists (there is no evidence it exists or that it is unique to a race). It was chosen to provoke a reaction, and then to portray this reaction as an irrational overreaction, which it is not.

It's no different than saying black people "chimp out" or react to any criticism with anger because they are violent. Any angry black reaction to this racist statement can be interpreted as an angry overreaction or threat of violence, thus "proving" the statement.

Further, when using terms like this, by framing the issue in clumsy racial terms you are promoting a bigoted mode of thinking, a mode of thinking that harms marginalized groups more than it does whites or males, even when you are attacking whites or males.

We should be more precise in what we are saying and avoid sloganeering.

Tue January 30, 2018 4:34 pm

never heard the phrase chimp out before, and i'm from boston

Wed January 31, 2018 5:59 am

Green Habit wrote:The problem I have with focusing on school shootings, no matter how you define them, is that it's such a small portion of gun deaths in America either way. The grand majority of gun deaths are suicides, and the grand majority of homicide gun deaths are either related to domestic violence or organized crime. But those types of gun deaths are rarely sexy enough to make the news.

Suicides, roughly 20K / yr
Homicides, roughly 10K/ yr

The organized crime aspect is highly localized in urban areas. Disarming middle aged white men would knock off approximately what from the homicide number?

Wed January 31, 2018 8:53 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:
Green Habit wrote:The problem I have with focusing on school shootings, no matter how you define them, is that it's such a small portion of gun deaths in America either way. The grand majority of gun deaths are suicides, and the grand majority of homicide gun deaths are either related to domestic violence or organized crime. But those types of gun deaths are rarely sexy enough to make the news.
Suicides, roughly 20K / yr
Homicides, roughly 10K/ yr

The organized crime aspect is highly localized in urban areas. Disarming middle aged white men would knock off approximately what from the homicide number?
Perhaps I didn't make my point clear enough. There are many different types of gun deaths and they'll in turn require different kinds of approaches. But most people just care about a very small fraction of gun deaths.

538 did a big nice series on this. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-deaths/

Wed January 31, 2018 9:33 pm

chimp out

Thu February 01, 2018 6:50 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:chimp out

Topical, as deaths caused by punching or kicking people to death exceeds those killed by rifles in most years on record.

Thu February 01, 2018 7:04 pm

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
Post a reply