The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Tue October 03, 2017 11:03 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2199
Also this whole “the shooter wired 100k to the Philippines before the killing” thing sounds a bit like ISIS.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Tue October 03, 2017 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13174
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Bi_3 wrote:
Also this whole “the shooter wired 100k to the Philippines before the killing” thing sounds a bit like ISIS.

I hadn't heard that part. His partner was originally Filipino, so my guess is that it's to her or her family.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 12:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17202
Location: Hunter
If purchasing records are held by the gun shop until requested or the shop is out of business, then there's no record or way to identify if a person buys multiple weapons from multiple stores. A person could rather quickly stockpile lots of weapons without any alarm/alert being raised.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28594
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
I wonder if this is why ISIS doesn't bother attacking the US anymore. They are probably like "fuck, we can't compete with that"

_________________
Gravity is pseudo science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
BurtReynolds wrote:
I wonder if this is why ISIS doesn't bother attacking the US anymore. They are probably like "fuck, we can't compete with that"

Terrorism is partially to blame for putting Trump in office. They drove americans pretty nuts in the past 15 years. So, yea, they won.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:40 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 16957
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I wonder if this is why ISIS doesn't bother attacking the US anymore. They are probably like "fuck, we can't compete with that"

Terrorism is partially to blame for putting Trump in office. They drove americans pretty nuts in the past 15 years. So, yea, they won.

Recent reports are that ISIS is on its last legs. No idea how accurate that is, but it's what I've seen a few times lately.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I wonder if this is why ISIS doesn't bother attacking the US anymore. They are probably like "fuck, we can't compete with that"

Terrorism is partially to blame for putting Trump in office. They drove americans pretty nuts in the past 15 years. So, yea, they won.

Recent reports are that ISIS is on its last legs. No idea how accurate that is, but it's what I've seen a few times lately.

Thanks Trump.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 2:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
This is what i hate about news organizations these days.

Quote:
"Investigators trying to determine what sparked the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history have found the massacre to be the work of a sophisticated planner with the means and desire to inflict unprecedented carnage.

But on the second full day after Stephen Paddock smashed out the windows of a high-floor suite on the Las Vegas Strip and opened fire on a crowd of unsuspecting concertgoers, authorities still were trying to understand what drove him to such evil.

Several new details emerged Tuesday about Paddock — a 64-year-old retired accountant — and how he worked methodically to thwart law enforcement as he killed scores of people and injured hundreds more.

As he fired round after found during an 11-minute stretch from a suite on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Paddock used video cameras to keep an eye out for police storming his hotel room, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo."


Just look at the words used. Are they trying to write a thriller/horror script and sell it to hollywood? Whats the fucking point? so absurdly unnecessary.


Last edited by Strat on Wed October 04, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 3860
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
I wonder how the NRA feels about someone yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 665
Location: WI
Strat wrote:
This is what i hate about news organizations these days.

Quote:
"Investigators trying to determine what sparked the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history have found the massacre to be the work of a sophisticated planner with the means and desire to inflict unprecedented carnage.

But on the second full day after Stephen Paddock smashed out the windows of a high-floor suite on the Las Vegas Strip and opened fire on a crowd of unsuspecting concertgoers, authorities still were trying to understand what drove him to such evil.

Several new details emerged Tuesday about Paddock — a 64-year-old retired accountant — and how he worked methodically to thwart law enforcement as he killed scores of people and injured hundreds more.

As he fired round after found during an 11-minute stretch from a suite on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Paddock used video cameras to keep an eye out for police storming his hotel room, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo."


Just look at the words used. Are they trying to write a thriller/horror script and sell it to hollywood? Whats the fucking point? so absurdly unnecessary.


the local paper used the phrase "rained lead terror" in today's headline. completely unnecessary.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 5:26 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2199
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
I wonder how the NRA feels about someone yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater.


It’s probably something a lot of their members have thought about.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 5:32 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 26724
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
Strat wrote:
This is what i hate about news organizations these days.

Quote:
"Investigators trying to determine what sparked the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history have found the massacre to be the work of a sophisticated planner with the means and desire to inflict unprecedented carnage.

But on the second full day after Stephen Paddock smashed out the windows of a high-floor suite on the Las Vegas Strip and opened fire on a crowd of unsuspecting concertgoers, authorities still were trying to understand what drove him to such evil.

Several new details emerged Tuesday about Paddock — a 64-year-old retired accountant — and how he worked methodically to thwart law enforcement as he killed scores of people and injured hundreds more.

As he fired round after found during an 11-minute stretch from a suite on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Paddock used video cameras to keep an eye out for police storming his hotel room, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo."


Just look at the words used. Are they trying to write a thriller/horror script and sell it to hollywood? Whats the fucking point? so absurdly unnecessary.


Most of those are pretty normal. Maybe the carnage one is a bit much.

You find "unsuspecting" objectionable?

_________________
Anders wrote:
Doesn’t matter what gender you are when it comes to matters of the heart.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 5:32 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 26724
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
Smashed? Stretch? Come on.

_________________
Anders wrote:
Doesn’t matter what gender you are when it comes to matters of the heart.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46190
Location: Sector 7-G
theplatypus wrote:
Strat wrote:
This is what i hate about news organizations these days.

Quote:
"Investigators trying to determine what sparked the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history have found the massacre to be the work of a sophisticated planner with the means and desire to inflict unprecedented carnage.

But on the second full day after Stephen Paddock smashed out the windows of a high-floor suite on the Las Vegas Strip and opened fire on a crowd of unsuspecting concertgoers, authorities still were trying to understand what drove him to such evil.

Several new details emerged Tuesday about Paddock — a 64-year-old retired accountant — and how he worked methodically to thwart law enforcement as he killed scores of people and injured hundreds more.

As he fired round after found during an 11-minute stretch from a suite on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Paddock used video cameras to keep an eye out for police storming his hotel room, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo."


Just look at the words used. Are they trying to write a thriller/horror script and sell it to hollywood? Whats the fucking point? so absurdly unnecessary.


Most of those are pretty normal. Maybe the carnage one is a bit much.

You find "unsuspecting" objectionable?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
theplatypus wrote:
Smashed? Stretch? Come on.

Its the way they are selling it. Im not saying those words by themselves are awful words. But its everything combined. The way it reads. its overly dramatic.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 5:43 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 26724
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
I don't really see it other than that carnage passage, and that's a maybe. It all seems pretty accurate and a reasonable way to describe the events

_________________
Anders wrote:
Doesn’t matter what gender you are when it comes to matters of the heart.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46190
Location: Sector 7-G
He literally smashed out the window. How else would you describe what he did?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
theplatypus wrote:
I don't really see it other than that carnage passage, and that's a maybe. It all seems pretty accurate and a reasonable way to describe the events

You could take out all of those words or substitute them with less dramatically descriptive words and the story would remain the same and the point would get across.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46190
Location: Sector 7-G
Strat wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I don't really see it other than that carnage passage, and that's a maybe. It all seems pretty accurate and a reasonable way to describe the events

You could take out all of those words or substitute them with less dramatically descriptive words and the story would remain the same and the point would get across.

Show me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Strat wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I don't really see it other than that carnage passage, and that's a maybe. It all seems pretty accurate and a reasonable way to describe the events

You could take out all of those words or substitute them with less dramatically descriptive words and the story would remain the same and the point would get across.

Show me.



Quote:
"Investigators trying to determine what sparked the biggest mass shooting in modern U.S. history have found the attack to be the work of a sophisticated planner with the means and desire to kill innocent people.

But on the second full day after Stephen Paddock opened fire on a crowd of concertgoers, authorities still were trying to understand what his motive was.

Several new details emerged Tuesday about Paddock — a 64-year-old retired accountant — and how he worked to avoid law enforcement as he killed 59 people and injured hundreds more.

As he fired his guns from a suite on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Paddock used video cameras to keep an eye out for police, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo."


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue October 24, 2017 6:01 am