The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Tue December 08, 2020 6:32 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Stickman wrote:

Any NDs at the protest? Still better than NFAC.

Not a big fan of home protests. Ideally, if a politician is particularly onerous, you and your drinking buddies grab them from their place of work, tar and feather them, and either run them out of town or put them on a ship back to England.

Boston provided the time tested template.

PostPosted: Tue December 08, 2020 9:12 pm 
Gone

Quote:
Panel denies parole for Vanessa Coleman in 2007 torture slayings of Knox County couple

All seven members of the Tennessee Board of Parole voted Tuesday to deny parole to the lone woman convicted in the 2007 torture slayings of Knox County couple Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

After an hourlong hearing Tuesday, the board unanimously decided it was too soon to consider Vanessa Coleman’s bid — her second in six years — for parole. She will not get another chance at parole for 10 years, the board ruled.

“I’m pleased,” said Christian’s father, Gary Christian, after the hearing. “Vanessa Coleman has been lying from day one. She never stopped. She’s gotten worse … She’s wanting a second chance. Channon and Chris either one are never going to get a second chance.”

Newsom’s father, Hugh Newsom, thanked those who wrote letters to the parole board or signed a petition to keep her behind bars.

“We appreciate those people who stepped up and voiced their concern, and we appreciate the community of Knoxville that’s stood with us,” Hugh Newsom said.

Newsom and Christian were standing in a parking lot of a North Knoxville apartment complex in January 2007 when a group of armed men confronted them, pushed them inside Christian’s SUV, bound, gagged and blindfolded them, and forced them inside Lemaricus Davidson’s Chipman Street house.

Newsom’s burned, bullet-riddled body was found alongside nearby railroad tracks the next day. Christian’s battered body was found inside a trash can in Davidson’s kitchen two days later.

Davidson is now on death row, convicted as a ringleader in the fatal attacks. His brother, Letalvis Cobbins, and Cobbins’ pal, George Thomas, were also convicted in both slayings. Cobbins is serving a life sentence without possibility of parole. Thomas initially received life without parole but was later given a plea deal to testify against a fifth suspect - Eric Boyd. Thomas is now serving a 50-year sentence. Boyd, too, was convicted and ordered to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Coleman was initially treated as a witness in the case after she confessed she was inside — and, at times, alone — with Christian before she was stuffed alive inside the trash can and left to die. But state authorities later indicted her along with Davidson, Thomas and Cobbins, who was her boyfriend at the time, in the slayings.

She ultimately was acquitted of the crimes against Newsom and deemed a facilitator in the crimes against Christian. She was sentenced to 35 years. She’s served roughly 12 years. Tuesday marked her second parole hearing since her convictions. The board turned her down the first time in 2014.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/cri ... 487174002/

Fucking monsters, may they all burn in hell. This incident had a profound impact on me when I read about it back in 2007. The story got little to no national coverage (weird!). Self-defense is a natural right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_o ... her_Newsom

PostPosted: Thu December 10, 2020 11:52 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

The military is reducing some handgun training due to ammo shortages.

Everyone is hurting for ammo right now.

PostPosted: Sun December 13, 2020 12:51 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Do they sell Bug-A-Salt forends with rails? Asking for a Friend.

PostPosted: Sun December 13, 2020 8:04 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I hope I can get that delivered by Christmas

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed December 16, 2020 4:57 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

https://amp.dispatch.com/amp/6505667002?__twitter_impression=true

How can we get these heroes a raise? Oh no, an ATF agent was treated like a regular civilian, except their dog is still alive. The horror!

PostPosted: Wed December 16, 2020 6:57 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pike_(munition)

After that garandthumb video on ownership of 40mm grenade launchers, I def want the Biden admin to overstep and get the NFA overturned and then we all get destructive devices in our stockings next year. A boy can dream.

PostPosted: Thu December 17, 2020 4:47 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

The ATF has started flexing again. No dead dogs or children yet, thank goodness.

Not sure what message they are feeling they need to transmit to the incoming admin. Are they worried that a Biden admin will under value them?

PostPosted: Thu December 17, 2020 4:50 am 
Gone

Massive infringement boners at the ATF and now they’re feeling emboldened, so people are going to get proper fucked.

PostPosted: Thu December 17, 2020 5:24 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

macphisto wrote:
Massive infringement boners at the ATF and now they’re feeling emboldened, so people are going to get proper fucked.

Its going to be interesting if they go the route of "M193 and M855 are now prohibited armor piercing pistol ammo". Congrats, 50%+ of all 5.56 is now banned.

PostPosted: Thu December 17, 2020 7:10 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

This thread makes me feel like English is my 2nd language.

PostPosted: Thu December 17, 2020 8:29 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Higgs wrote:
This thread makes me feel like English is my 2nd language.

I believe Aussie F1 is roughly equivalent to our M855 (62 gr FMJ NATO ball ammo).

Australia has the best packaging for their military surplus. Plastic blister packs for every 5 rounds, with perferations between blisters.

But yeah, there's a big barrier to entry to American gun culture. The legal aspect is but one part of it.

PostPosted: Thu December 17, 2020 2:34 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Thu December 17, 2020 2:40 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

macphisto wrote:
Quote:
Panel denies parole for Vanessa Coleman in 2007 torture slayings of Knox County couple

All seven members of the Tennessee Board of Parole voted Tuesday to deny parole to the lone woman convicted in the 2007 torture slayings of Knox County couple Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

After an hourlong hearing Tuesday, the board unanimously decided it was too soon to consider Vanessa Coleman’s bid — her second in six years — for parole. She will not get another chance at parole for 10 years, the board ruled.

“I’m pleased,” said Christian’s father, Gary Christian, after the hearing. “Vanessa Coleman has been lying from day one. She never stopped. She’s gotten worse … She’s wanting a second chance. Channon and Chris either one are never going to get a second chance.”

Newsom’s father, Hugh Newsom, thanked those who wrote letters to the parole board or signed a petition to keep her behind bars.

“We appreciate those people who stepped up and voiced their concern, and we appreciate the community of Knoxville that’s stood with us,” Hugh Newsom said.

Newsom and Christian were standing in a parking lot of a North Knoxville apartment complex in January 2007 when a group of armed men confronted them, pushed them inside Christian’s SUV, bound, gagged and blindfolded them, and forced them inside Lemaricus Davidson’s Chipman Street house.

Newsom’s burned, bullet-riddled body was found alongside nearby railroad tracks the next day. Christian’s battered body was found inside a trash can in Davidson’s kitchen two days later.

Davidson is now on death row, convicted as a ringleader in the fatal attacks. His brother, Letalvis Cobbins, and Cobbins’ pal, George Thomas, were also convicted in both slayings. Cobbins is serving a life sentence without possibility of parole. Thomas initially received life without parole but was later given a plea deal to testify against a fifth suspect - Eric Boyd. Thomas is now serving a 50-year sentence. Boyd, too, was convicted and ordered to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Coleman was initially treated as a witness in the case after she confessed she was inside — and, at times, alone — with Christian before she was stuffed alive inside the trash can and left to die. But state authorities later indicted her along with Davidson, Thomas and Cobbins, who was her boyfriend at the time, in the slayings.

She ultimately was acquitted of the crimes against Newsom and deemed a facilitator in the crimes against Christian. She was sentenced to 35 years. She’s served roughly 12 years. Tuesday marked her second parole hearing since her convictions. The board turned her down the first time in 2014.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/cri ... 487174002/

Fucking monsters, may they all burn in hell. This incident had a profound impact on me when I read about it back in 2007. The story got little to no national coverage (weird!). Self-defense is a natural right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_o ... her_Newsom

Shit like this is why we have the death penalty. Anyone who could do something like that to another human being isn't going to be rehabilitated. Just remove them from the gene pool and be done with it.

PostPosted: Thu December 17, 2020 2:46 pm 
Gone

TWO WRONGS DON’T MAKE A RIGHT, JUAN!

PostPosted: Thu December 17, 2020 5:16 pm 
Future Drummer

macphisto wrote:

PostPosted: Thu December 17, 2020 5:27 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

blueviper wrote:
macphisto wrote:

He was so good, nobody cared when he drew a comic of Mohammed.

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 4:23 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

elliseamos wrote:
blueviper wrote:
macphisto wrote:

He was so good, nobody cared when he drew a comic of Mohammed.

Was his cartoon carried in any Arab language (or other languages that are common in muslim majority areas) papers?

I think it was more about the context of when and where it was published than the content.

But of course, that dude is up there for comic GOAT status.

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 6:11 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Damn, I shoulda charged my buddy for what was a $200 crate of 7.62x54r and is now at least 2x that. :cry:

Why did I not forsee the spigot of Bulgarian light ball eventually turning off!?

Edit: corrected Romanian to Bulgarian. You corrosive, Berdan primed, steel cased, copper washed 148 grain glorious result of NATO expansion you.

PostPosted: Mon December 21, 2020 7:21 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

For those with a good 5.7 ammo connection, this is for you.

Ruger now also has a 5.7 pistol with presumably their own proprietary 20 rd magazine. If you enjoy a pistol with a relatively uncommon cartridge that doesn't fulfill the use case to justify its existence, congrats! You now have a second option at a lower price!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate