The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:22 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

macphisto wrote:
Peeps wrote:
the fact that it is easier to buy an ak-47 than it is to get an abortion tells you everything you need to know about the GOP

I didn’t realize a background check was required to kill your baby.

In Pennsylvania, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of April 1, 2017: A woman must receive state-mandated counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion, and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.

consider yourself realized

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:25 pm 
Gone

Peeps wrote:
macphisto wrote:
Peeps wrote:
the fact that it is easier to buy an ak-47 than it is to get an abortion tells you everything you need to know about the GOP

In Pennsylvania, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of April 1, 2017: A woman must receive state-mandated counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion, and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.

I mean I wait 24 hours sometimes before making a purchase on Amazon. Doing that prior to having an abortion just seems like good advice.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:26 pm 
Gone

Peeps wrote:
macphisto wrote:
Peeps wrote:

Sounds like a waiting period not a background check, but ok.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:29 pm 
Gone

macphisto wrote:
Peeps wrote:
macphisto wrote:
Peeps wrote:

What is the counseling? Do they get a brochure or do they have to go see somebody?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:29 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

macphisto wrote:
Peeps wrote:
macphisto wrote:
Peeps wrote:

did you gloss over the state-mandated counseling designed to discourage her from having the procedure? do you think they just sit there and stare at each other?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:31 pm 
Gone

Are you arguing for state-mandated counseling to discourage potential gun buyers from buying guns?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:35 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

what i said was it is easier to buy a ak47 than it is to get an abortion in many states

personally if you want to buy a gun for hunting or a pistol for home protection that is fine. however i do not believe a civilian has any need what so ever to own a weapon the assault guns that are becoming more common in shootings like this

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:38 pm 
Gone

How about raising the age limit to buy for males? It's always some 18 year old male. If the brain isn't fully developed until 25 maybe you should be 25 to buy?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:39 pm 
Gone

Evil people commit evil acts. How do we address this? Can it ever be eradicated in a free society? This kind of stuff is not new and it's not just guns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waukesha_ ... ade_attack
Quote:
On November 21, 2021, the driver of a sport utility vehicle (SUV) killed six people and injured sixty-two others by hitting participants and observers at the annual Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States. The alleged driver of the vehicle, thirty-nine-year-old Darrell E. Brooks, was arrested and charged with six counts of first-degree intentional homicide as well as 77 additional charges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
Quote:
The Bath School disaster, also known as the Bath School massacre, was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, United States. The attacks killed 38 elementary schoolchildren and 6 adults, and injured at least 58 other people. Prior to his timed explosives detonating at the Bath Consolidated School building, Kehoe had murdered his wife, Nellie Price Kehoe, and firebombed his farm. Arriving at the site of the school explosion, Kehoe died when he detonated explosives concealed in his truck.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:40 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
How about raising the age limit to buy for males? It's always some 18 year old male. If the brain isn't fully developed until 25 maybe you should be 25 to buy?

i believe that has been proposed but they feel that is an infringement

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:42 pm 
Gone

Peeps wrote:
what i said was it is easier to buy a ak47 than it is to get an abortion in many states

personally if you want to buy a gun for hunting or a pistol for home protection that is fine. however i do not believe a civilian has any need what so ever to own a weapon the assault guns that are becoming more common in shootings like this

Thirty-two people were killed at Virginia Tech with handguns, but you're going to graciously allow us keep those?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:43 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

macphisto wrote:
Evil people commit evil acts. How do we address this? Can it ever be eradicated in a free society? This kind of stuff is not new and it's not just guns.

Quote:
On November 21, 2021, the driver of a sport utility vehicle (SUV) killed six people and injured sixty-two others by hitting participants and observers at the annual Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States. The alleged driver of the vehicle, thirty-nine-year-old Darrell E. Brooks, was arrested and charged with six counts of first-degree intentional homicide as well as 77 additional charges.

Quote:
The Bath School disaster, also known as the Bath School massacre, was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, United States. The attacks killed 38 elementary schoolchildren and 6 adults, and injured at least 58 other people. Prior to his timed explosives detonating at the Bath Consolidated School building, Kehoe had murdered his wife, Nellie Price Kehoe, and firebombed his farm. Arriving at the site of the school explosion, Kehoe died when he detonated explosives concealed in his truck.

Yes. Murder is committed lots of ways

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:47 pm 
mXn

Mac please rank the reasons why people with tiny penises need to be able to possess high capacity automatic assault rifles.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:48 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

macphisto wrote:
Peeps wrote:

Thirty-two people were killed at Virginia Tech with handguns, but you're going to graciously allow us keep those?

it would be a start. you look at all these countries that had a mass shooting and locked down gun rights and surprisingly they are living on with their lives. it is possible to live a life with out having assault rifles in ones possession

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:49 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes. Murder is committed lots of ways

which would you rather face in order if you were in a group of people

a man with a handgun
a man with an assault riffle
a man with a knife
man with a car

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:50 pm 
Gone

Bammer wrote:
Mac please rank the reasons why people with tiny penises need to be able to possess high capacity automatic assault rifles.

*semi-automatic

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:54 pm 
Rank This Poster

macphisto wrote:
Bammer wrote:

*semi-automatic

you are literally the worst kind of person to have a conversation with. you completely ignore content of bammer's post and only reply to correct a pretty pointless detail.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:55 pm 
Gone

Won't people just be able to 3d print these weapons even if they get banned? The technology will be there.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:56 pm 
Gone

warehouse wrote:
macphisto wrote:
Bammer wrote:

*semi-automatic

you are literally the worst kind of person to have a conversation with. you completely ignore content of bammer's post and only reply to correct a pretty pointless detail.

A post framed like his doesn't warrant a sincere response.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:57 pm 
mXn

macphisto wrote:
warehouse wrote:
macphisto wrote:
Bammer wrote:

*semi-automatic

A post framed like his doesn't warrant a sincere response.

Yes it does. Rank them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate