The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 5:14 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
active shooter across the street from the school where my sister teaches and nephew attends kindergarten yesterday. they were locked down for several hours; kids having to relieve themselves in garbage cans, etc. what a dumb country.

my paperwork is almost done for dual citizenship with Canada..come join me

PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 5:29 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
active shooter across the street from the school where my sister teaches and nephew attends kindergarten yesterday. they were locked down for several hours; kids having to relieve themselves in garbage cans, etc. what a dumb country.

my paperwork is almost done for dual citizenship with Canada..come join me

always tempting

PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 8:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

6 dead, including police officer and suspect, after shooting in Georgia

PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 8:42 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Alec Baldwin charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Edit: claimed mandatory minimum of 5 years. I think justice would be served by pleading guilty to a felony and doing 1000 hours of public service with the NRA's Eddie the Eagle making PSAs about gun safety. Win-win, he might improve gun safety awareness and it will be appropriately embarrassing to him.

If he didn't make so many public statements after the event, this might not be happening. His lawyers are the only winners here.

PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2023 8:53 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

10 dead in shooting in Monterey Park, Calif., possible suspect's van surrounded

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 2:57 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Stickman wrote:

Stop AAPI hate! Uh, oh shit.

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 4:35 am 
The Master

simple schoolboy wrote:

dude

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 5:52 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Monkey_Driven wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

dude

Bring it up with Chuck then:

Quote:
“I’m heartbroken by the news of the shooting in Monterey Park amid Lunar New Year celebrations I’m praying for the victims, their families, the 1st responders,” Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, wrote on Twitter. “We must stand up to bigotry and hate wherever they rear their ugly heads, and we must keep working to stop gun violence.”

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 6:12 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I think pointing that out makes you more of an asshole, not less.

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 6:23 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:

It's not helpful to jump to conclusions for things like this, not even if you are agitating for gun control and use this to support your narrative.

Could have waited a day and had a more relevant note including the importance of tackling domestic violence or something as a follow up.

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 6:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Texas Woman Shot Dead During Gun Safety Discussion

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 6:41 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

It's not helpful to jump to conclusions for things like this, not even if you are agitating for gun control and use this to support your narrative.

Could have waited a day and had a more relevant note including the importance of tackling domestic violence or something as a follow up.

I think Schoolboy is wrong, but not for B's reason. With rapid news churn and attention at a premium, there is a political advantage to getting your message out first even if it's totally wrong because that might be the only thing anyone ever sees about a story and because it takes a lot more mental energy to replace a 'fact' with a new one in your memory.

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 6:59 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

I think Schoolboy is wrong, but not for B's reason. With rapid news churn and attention at a premium, there is a political advantage to getting your message out first even if it's totally wrong because that might be the only thing anyone ever sees about a story and because it takes a lot more mental energy to replace a 'fact' with a new one in your memory.

It's a good thing to actively misinform the public because it supports my policy preferences. Some significant % of the population is going to hear Chuck, assume some skinhead just decided to shoot up some Asian dance halls and never update their understanding of the event.

Jumping straight to the assumption of racially motivated mass shooting would make some sense if this was 1880 and the local stretch of railroad was completed and the locals decided to burn down Chinatown and chase the Chinamen out of town.

What recent event comes close to something like this?

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 7:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

'Targeted event': 12 injured in mass shooting at nightclub in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 12:24 am 
The Master

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

It's a good thing to actively misinform the public because it supports my policy preferences. Some significant % of the population is going to hear Chuck, assume some skinhead just decided to shoot up some Asian dance halls and never update their understanding of the event.

Jumping straight to the assumption of racially motivated mass shooting would make some sense if this was 1880 and the local stretch of railroad was completed and the locals decided to burn down Chinatown and chase the Chinamen out of town.

you're making assumptions too... that the motive had no degree of bigotry because the shooter was asian and the shooting happened in an asian neighborhood.

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 2:18 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

you're making assumptions too... that the motive had no degree of bigotry because the shooter was asian and the shooting happened in an asian neighborhood.

Asians can't be bigoted against Asians because they have the same priviledge, silly.

Unconfirmed rumors that it might have been some domestic dispute. (Shooting up places he thought his ex wife might have been)

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 2:22 am 
The Master

simple schoolboy wrote:
spike wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

Asians can't be bigoted against Asians because they have the same priviledge, silly.

Unconfirmed rumors that it might have been some domestic dispute. (Shooting up places he thought his ex wife might have been)

hey look, another white person homogenizing the eastern world

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 2:32 am 
Looks Like a Cat

This dumb shit is exactly is why evidence-free red meat tweets are so effective.

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 2:42 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

67 year old Asian man killed 7 in Half Moon Bay before surrending to police. Is this lunar New Year inauspicious or what?

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 2:43 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
spike wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

hey look, another white person homogenizing the eastern world

Is there a guide to the progressive stack of priviledge for all Asian nationalities and ethnicities? I am trying to do the work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate