The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed March 17, 2021 8:22 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Wed March 17, 2021 8:24 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Authorities said the suspect in the deadly rampage at three metro Atlanta spas targeted the businesses because he had “issues” with sexual addiction and had been planning to commit more shootings before he was captured.

The Cherokee County Sheriff said the suspect, Robert Aaron Long, 21, of Woodstock, claimed the shootings were not racially motivated. The sheriff described it as “targets of opportunity” and said Long told investigators he wanted to “eliminate the temptation.”

At least he was facing his sex addiction head-on.

PostPosted: Wed March 17, 2021 9:42 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Simple Torture wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
“Yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.”

What a stupid thing to say.

Today's been a bad day for me, so I got McDonald's for lunch.

Tomāto, tomăto.

You're gonna get fat.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed March 17, 2021 9:47 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

BurtReynolds wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
“Yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.”

What a stupid thing to say.

Today's been a bad day for me, so I got McDonald's for lunch.

Tomāto, tomăto.

You're gonna get fat.

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 1:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Have we talked about how seeing a psychologist for sex addiction might have been a good idea for this guy?

Seems complicated. Nevermind.

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 1:56 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

elliseamos wrote:
Have we talked about how seeing a psychologist for sex addiction might have been a good idea for this guy?

I wonder if society is pushing this to happen. Remember this type of analysis*? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5004736/

*I am aware that the overall study talks about the criminalization of victims, but the abstract and intro set that stage and that is what I am referring to here.

Aren't we kinda doing the same thing with young white males? Media conditions hatred towards them, calls them racists, misogynists, violent oppressors... and then we are shocked that they commit acts like this?

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 2:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

I wonder if society is pushing this to happen. Remember this type of analysis*? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5004736/

*I am aware that the overall study talks about the criminalization of victims, but the abstract and intro set that stage and that is what I am referring to here.

Aren't we kinda doing the same thing with young white males? Media conditions hatred towards them, calls them racists, misogynists, violent oppressors... and then we are shocked that they commit acts like this?
I stopped reading that... I'm not feeling bad for this guy. He should have had better access to help than to believe shooting other people would solve his problems. This is not a WMA issue, this is society's fault.

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 2:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

elliseamos wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

I stopped reading that... I'm not feeling bad for this guy. He should have had better access to help than to believe shooting other people would solve his problems. This is not a WMA issue, this is society's fault.

Mostly agreed that we should not feel bad for him. What I was getting at wasnt this particular act, but the next (and the next and the next). Seems like if a valid pattern was developed to help one group it should be applied to another so.... What does society want? More killer WMAs to feed Twitter or fewer deaths or some acceptable in-between?

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 2:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

what the fuck are you even taking about

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 2:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

What the fuckkkkkkkkkk
Bi_3 wrote:
Mostly agreed that we should not feel bad for him.

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 3:13 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
What the fuckkkkkkkkkk
Bi_3 wrote:

I know nothing about him. Was he mentally ill? Abused as child? Upon occasion, there are reasons people do horrible things.

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 4:18 pm 
Future Drummer

Really weird who you attempt empathy for.

b_i3 on blm protestors="ferals get put down"

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 4:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
What the fuckkkkkkkkkk
Bi_3 wrote:

I know nothing about him.

You know he murdered people.
Quote:
Was he mentally ill? Abused as child? Upon occasion, there are reasons people do horrible things.

You don't know those things about literally any bad actor we discuss in this forum, period. You don't know them about the cops who killed Breonna Taylor, or the guy who reached for Kyle Rittenhouse's gun, or any person you see smashing a window in a video filmed during a BLM protest. You don't know them about any given Capitol rioter, and you don't know them about a terrorist who hijacks a passenger plane.

We do know that he had been in rehab for sex addiction, which means he was exposed to mental health professionals. And we know that his weapons were purchased legally just prior to the shooting. And we know he had the presence of mind to surrender without incident when they found him. Oh, and he'd had a bad day.

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 4:24 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
You don't know those things about literally any bad actor we discuss in this forum, period. You don't know them about the cops who killed Breonna Taylor, or the guy who reached for Kyle Rittenhouse's gun, or any person you see smashing a window in a video filmed during a BLM protest. You don't know them about any given Capitol rioter, and you don't know them about a terrorist who hijacks a passenger plane.

Wait, are you furiously searching my post history for a gotcha so you can prove that I am giving a white person the benefit of doubt I dont give black/brown people?

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 4:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Wait, are you furiously searching my post history for a gotcha so you can prove that I am giving a white person the benefit of doubt I dont give black/brown people?

Why would you assume that I'm searching your post history for topics? Have we ever had an in-depth discussion on 9/11 hijackers???

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 4:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I did admittedly search deep enough into your post history to find this suggestion that when white people do racist things, maybe it's your fault for calling them racist.
Bi_3 wrote:

But it was 11 posts ago, so.

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 4:43 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
I did admittedly search deep enough into your post history to find this suggestion that when white people do racist things, maybe it's your fault for calling them racist.
Bi_3 wrote:

LOL, sorry. I wont spoil your fun next time.

But yes, I do wonder if mass media ascribing certain behaviors to certain groups actually induces that group to behave in that way. That's kinda the whole basis of marketing, right?

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 4:52 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

LOL, sorry. I wont spoil your fun next time.

But yes, I do wonder if mass media ascribing certain behaviors to certain groups actually induces that group to behave in that way. That's kinda the whole basis of marketing, right?

That's not how the force works.

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 5:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

"What is life, really? Life is complicated. Confusing. But most of all, unfair. So let's own that. Let's say to people: look at this person who failed at life. Look at how they hurt others and were shunned for it. Look at how absolutely wrong they are. And look.....they're eating Life cereal. (pauses) Say that enough, and I promise you: people will want that journey for themselves. They'll want to fail at life. They'll want to hurt others. And guess which cereal they will choose along the way?"

PostPosted: Thu March 18, 2021 5:20 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

if not getting laid and having a bad day were grounds to murder people i would be the worlds most notorious serial killer the planet ever saw

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate