The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 1:53 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I see Burt has finally reached his full “whine about how other men aren’t masculine enough on the internet” potential.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 1:54 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
This is all so fuckin dystopian is mind breaking

It shows

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:02 am 
Future Drummer

How many guys have you beat up, Burt? Ballpark estimate?

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:03 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

bart wrote:

what difference does it make?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:04 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

McParadigm wrote:
I see Burt has finally reached his full “whine about how other men aren’t masculine enough on the internet” potential.

If action in the face of the children in your care being murdered is a masculine trait, then I'd like to think I'm fucking Rambo.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:17 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

BurtReynolds wrote:
The fact that there were apparently four armed cops outside doesn't really negate anyone's talking points, but it does raise a new one: when the fuck did men become such docile, domesticated cowards? It's like people have forgotten that cowardice/bravery aren't amoral concepts.

I've heard a few people try to justify their inaction, but when the children you are assigned to protect are being murdered and you are armed and trained to fight, you fight. There isn't an excuse here.

NRA has to change the talking point to "the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun provided the good guy isn't a pussy".

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:29 am 

bada wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
The fact that there were apparently four armed cops outside doesn't really negate anyone's talking points, but it does raise a new one: when the fuck did men become such docile, domesticated cowards? It's like people have forgotten that cowardice/bravery aren't amoral concepts.

I've heard a few people try to justify their inaction, but when the children you are assigned to protect are being murdered and you are armed and trained to fight, you fight. There isn't an excuse here.

NRA has to change the talking point to "the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun provided the good guy isn't a pussy".

The "good guy with a gun" argument is a poor one. But cowards aren't good guys (this should be obvious,but it isn't these days), so this doesn't negate the argument in itself. Pointing this out is hardly a change of argument, though yes, the NRA will absolutely use this to try to shift the conversation. That's not what I'm doing, though.

But like I said, none of this negates or strengthens anyone's talking points. It just means that there are a lot of weak cowards out there who won't act even when children are being murdered and they are armed, trained and tasked with protecting them from exactly this sort of thing. Take note next time you rely on the cops to save you.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:31 am 
Poster of the Year

It should be legal to own an assault weapon but illegal to be a coward.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:32 am 

cutuphalfdead wrote:
It should be legal to own an assault weapon but illegal to be a coward.

this guy gets it.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:32 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Personally I rely on my skills with the bo staff to save me. Still breathing bitches.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:35 am 

bada wrote:
Personally I rely on my skills with the bo staff to save me. Still breathing bitches.

nunchucks are objectively superior weapons, you fool.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:35 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

96583UP wrote:
drone bodyguards can solve this

let them fly around schools with x-ray vision and spot weirdos walking in with AR-15's

then the robots fire lasers at the shooter's eyes and dick

coward/man problem, solved

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:38 am 

96583UP wrote:
96583UP wrote:
drone bodyguards can solve this

let them fly around schools with x-ray vision and spot weirdos walking in with AR-15's

then the robots fire lasers at the shooter's eyes and dick

coward/man problem, solved

oh they're coming.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 2:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

maybe 10 years from now mass shootings will be a 'retro' issue bc defense robots will f*ck u up

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 3:59 am 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
bart wrote:

I'm calling you out.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 4:16 am 

bart wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
bart wrote:

I'm calling you out.

I've trained my whole life for this

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 4:57 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

BurtReynolds wrote:
bada wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

The "good guy with a gun" argument is a poor one. But cowards aren't good guys (this should be obvious,but it isn't these days), so this doesn't negate the argument in itself. Pointing this out is hardly a change of argument, though yes, the NRA will absolutely use this to try to shift the conversation. That's not what I'm doing, though.

But like I said, none of this negates or strengthens anyone's talking points. It just means that there are a lot of weak cowards out there who won't act even when children are being murdered and they are armed, trained and tasked with protecting them from exactly this sort of thing*. Take note next time you rely on the cops to save you.

*And paid $75,462 a year to do so

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 5:13 am 
AnalLog

BurtReynolds wrote:
bada wrote:

nunchucks are objectively superior weapons, you fool.

I'll stick with my baseball bats :D

The argument, that if we get rid of guns, we will just see an increase in knife attacks, has to be my favorite stupid argument. The people who can not understand the difference between someone shooting a gun into a crowd of people, and someone trying to knife a crowd of people... probably shouldn't own a gun to begin with.

You don't bring a knife to a gun fight for a reason, unless youre Bruce Lee, or Geronimo (any Apache for that matter, they were notorious knife fighters)

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 5:58 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

BurtReynolds wrote:

the deputy was a coward butt he coach's actions kind of cancel out this argument I think I don't know? I had so much to drink

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 7:48 am 

your use of the term "coward butt" is uncalled for, but I guess some men aren't useless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate