The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 6:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Classic (B)urt

Oh I forgot it's not culture war when you do it. Sorry i forgot.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

no not at all why dont you explain it to me.

I wish I could

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 6:28 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

It's ok, pal.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 6:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

You sure? I'm worried about you.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 6:37 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Classic (B)urt

Burt is right here.

The only way that previous assertion is true is if forcing the intersectional/critical perspective is not a cultural shift but actually a return to the natural state.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 6:43 pm 
Rank This Poster

BurtReynolds wrote:
warehouse wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Starting to understand why this shooting didn't get the usual media attention.

what are you watching? the army vet who kicked ass has been all over the news. this sounds more like a legal maneuver than anything else. has this come out anywhere else besides the attorney?

Heard a lot of chatter early on about how is grandfather was a Republican (gasp!) and how this is the fault of @libsoftiktok or Matt Walsh (evidence free of course). Not much else, though admittedly I don't watch the news and this is largely anecdotal. Who knows anything at the moment, though.

The dad seemed like a real piece of shit, though.

i imagine the news you are watching isnt going to show an army vet at a drag show with his family saves tons of lives WITHOUT A GUN.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 6:44 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Classic (B)urt

Burt is right here.

The only way that previous assertion is true is if forcing the intersectional/critical perspective is not a cultural shift but actually a return to the natural state.

When the left fights to instill its values in the culture, its called "the inevitable march of progress". All others are reactionary to this "default" state.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 6:48 pm 

warehouse wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
warehouse wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

what are you watching? the army vet who kicked ass has been all over the news. this sounds more like a legal maneuver than anything else. has this come out anywhere else besides the attorney?

Heard a lot of chatter early on about how is grandfather was a Republican (gasp!) and how this is the fault of @libsoftiktok or Matt Walsh (evidence free of course). Not much else, though admittedly I don't watch the news and this is largely anecdotal. Who knows anything at the moment, though.

i imagine the news you are watching isnt going to show an army vet at a drag show with his family saves tons of lives WITHOUT A GUN.

No I was aware. I have no doubt it was the top story for a bit, but am I wrong thinking it's far less saturated?

I generally judge the media saturation by how often it annoyingly pops up in my feeds. Spike has it exactly wrong. I'm not searching for these headlines.

To be fair, these shootings are less and less news for a few reasons.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 6:49 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Burt is being childish. If you think that's right and correct, more power to you.
BurtReynolds wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Classic (B)urt

Burt is right here.

When the left fights to instill its values in the culture, its called "the inevitable march of progress". All others are reactionary to this "default" state.

Burt is being childish and insincere. But if that's right and correct to you, I won't argue.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 6:52 pm 
Rank This Poster

BurtReynolds wrote:
warehouse wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
warehouse wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

No I was aware. I have no doubt it was the top story for a bit, but am I wrong thinking it's far less saturated?

I generally judge the media saturation by how often it annoyingly pops up in my feeds. Spike has it exactly wrong. I'm not searching for these headlines.

To be fair, these shootings are less and less news for a few reasons.

one big reason being they happen every fucking day. the news doesn't have time to cover yesterday's mass shooting when they have to cover todays.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 6:58 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:
warehouse wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Just Burt searching for the boogeyman as usual.

God forbid you search for anything, gray man.

invent is the better term. epilogue's right.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 7:01 pm 

epilogue wrote:
Burt is being childish. If you think that's right and correct, more power to you.
BurtReynolds wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Classic (B)urt

Burt is right here.

Burt is being childish and insincere. But if that's right and correct to you, I won't argue.

In what way am I being insincere?

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 7:03 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Classic (B)urt

Burt is right here.

In what way am I being insincere?

See your quoted post above. For just one example.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 7:04 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I also have a fair suspicion that you know what I mean in this discussion but you're still responding the way you're responding. I'd call that insincere.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 7:07 pm 

epilogue wrote:
I also have a fair suspicion that you know what I mean in this discussion but you're still responding the way you're responding. I'd call that insincere.

Why don't you explain this a little more? That way I'll know what you're talking about.

Or maybe just start with what you think "culture war" means, and why only the right does it?

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 7:11 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Why don't you explain this a little more? That way I'll know what you're talking about.

Or maybe just start with what you think "culture war" means, and why only the right does it?

Sweet condescension, bro! That's definitely the way to have a good faith discussion.

I never said "only the right does it."

But you know that.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 7:11 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

epilogue wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Classic (B)urt

Burt is right here.

At first I thought you were having a laugh but now I'm starting to think you actually believe this.

Easy test though. Which of these is an act of culture warfare?

1.) Introducing LGBTQ+ concepts into elementary school classrooms to educate students on the spectrum of identity groups they will encounter in life
2.) Protesting the introduction LGBTQ+ concepts into elementary school classrooms as it distorts historical perspectives on social structures and may conflict with student's family and religious understandings

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 7:23 pm 

epilogue wrote:

But you know that.

I didn't know that, but thanks for clarifying your position. We are in agreement that both sides do it. Congrats.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 7:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:

But you know that.

I didn't know that, but thanks for clarifying your position. We are in agreement that both sides do it. Congrats.

Congrats to you as well. I guess?

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 7:26 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
epilogue wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Classic (B)urt

Burt is right here.

At first I thought you were having a laugh but now I'm starting to think you actually believe this.

Easy test though. Which of these is an act of culture warfare?

1.) Introducing LGBTQ+ concepts into elementary school classrooms to educate students on the spectrum of identity groups they will encounter in life
2.) Protesting the introduction LGBTQ+ concepts into elementary school classrooms as it distorts historical perspectives on social structures and may conflict with student's family and religious understandings

You like and respect me enough to treat me like a child.

PostPosted: Wed November 23, 2022 7:29 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I love this almost form of argumentation that refers to a shared understanding of terms that we all clearly agree with but will not put the definition in writing. Why even engage at that point?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate