The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Mon December 06, 2021 1:38 am 
Gone

dimejinky99 wrote:
macphisto wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Guns are for self defence.

Self defence from who?

Other people with guns.

Oh.

Or knives, or clubs, or fists, or feet, or katanas, or vehicles, or nunchucks…

Cut off your penis to help prevent rape.

As if anyone in the states is bringing a knife to a gunfight :haha:

Katana :haha:

Why didn’t you throw nunchucks in there?? Go all out!

I…I did include nunchucks. Forgot hammers. You may assume everyone in America packs a gun, but it’s a small minority. Some do it legally and others don’t.

There are countless examples of people bringing not-a-gun to a gun fight. Further reading: Anthony Huber, Joseph Rosenbaum

PostPosted: Mon December 06, 2021 1:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Posing for a gun-themed Christmas photo is just the conservative version of identity politics. Everybody likes their own brand. Shrug.

Yeah it's just tribal signaling. Like hanging up a BLM flag outside your house.

More like staging a family Christmas photo where everyone is wearing a mask and has a knitted “I believe in science” sweater.

Liberal tribal signals are a lot less likely to center around religious holidays or the concept of family, admittedly.

We’re finally saying “Merry Christmas” to genetic dead-ends again, folks.

PostPosted: Mon December 06, 2021 1:42 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Bi_3 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Self defence from who?

The British

In that case bring cannons. It’s the only language they understand.

PostPosted: Mon December 06, 2021 5:00 am 
Future Drummer

macphisto wrote:
blueviper wrote:
School shooting or not, why would you even pose for a picture like that? They love their guns so much?

Such weird fascination with guns; especially ones that shouldn’t even be used for hunting or target practice…really the only two ways citizens would be using a gun

I agree that the picture is cringe-inducing, but he’s a politician trying to show his constituents what a patriot he is. “I stand for your rights!” I get it.

What’s your background with firearms that allows you to make a determination on which guns are suitable for hunting or target practice? Those icky looking black guns are likely chambered in cartridges with myriad hunting applications. As for saying they shouldn’t be used for recreational shooting (i.e. target practice), that’s just bizarre. Perhaps what you meant to say was, “Those guns look scary to me, and I want them outlawed.”

You also missed self-defense as a way citizens use guns. Probably an honest oversight.

Because we’re in the 21st century and should have gotten “the Wild West “ out of our system by now.

I own several guns and inherited more when my dad passed away. They are locked up and only come out for going to the gun range (which hasn’t been since 2019). I don’t need to take selfies with them. I don’t need to keep them on the mantle to stare at. I don’t need to carry them in public to show I have 2nd amendment rights.

I left out self defense on purpose because that’s the usual “go to” to own a gun. You don’t need any of those xmas pic guns for self defense.

I like shooting targets at the gun range. I hate the idea of using it on a human.

It’s just a weird implement to be in love with. It’s not a kitchen aid mixer or guitar or golf club. It’s a gun.

PostPosted: Mon December 06, 2021 2:52 pm 
The Master

blueviper wrote:
macphisto wrote:
blueviper wrote:
School shooting or not, why would you even pose for a picture like that? They love their guns so much?

Such weird fascination with guns; especially ones that shouldn’t even be used for hunting or target practice…really the only two ways citizens would be using a gun

I agree that the picture is cringe-inducing, but he’s a politician trying to show his constituents what a patriot he is. “I stand for your rights!” I get it.

What’s your background with firearms that allows you to make a determination on which guns are suitable for hunting or target practice? Those icky looking black guns are likely chambered in cartridges with myriad hunting applications. As for saying they shouldn’t be used for recreational shooting (i.e. target practice), that’s just bizarre. Perhaps what you meant to say was, “Those guns look scary to me, and I want them outlawed.”

You also missed self-defense as a way citizens use guns. Probably an honest oversight.

Because we’re in the 21st century and should have gotten “the Wild West “ out of our system by now.

I own several guns and inherited more when my dad passed away. They are locked up and only come out for going to the gun range (which hasn’t been since 2019). I don’t need to take selfies with them. I don’t need to keep them on the mantle to stare at. I don’t need to carry them in public to show I have 2nd amendment rights.

I left out self defense on purpose because that’s the usual “go to” to own a gun. You don’t need any of those xmas pic guns for self defense.

I like shooting targets at the gun range. I hate the idea of using it on a human.

It’s just a weird implement to be in love with. It’s not a kitchen aid mixer or guitar or golf club. It’s a gun.

You just have an average to above average sized penis.

PostPosted: Mon December 06, 2021 3:14 pm 
mXn

Peeps wrote:

Ship these freaks off to a remote island somewhere

PostPosted: Mon December 06, 2021 3:19 pm 
Gone

blueviper wrote:
You don’t need any of those xmas pic guns for self defense.

False, they would all make fine defensive weapons.

blueviper wrote:
I hate the idea of using it on a human.

You and everyone else who isn't a psychopath.

PostPosted: Mon December 06, 2021 3:52 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Posing for a gun-themed Christmas photo is just the conservative version of identity politics. Everybody likes their own brand. Shrug.

Yeah it's just tribal signaling. Like hanging up a BLM flag outside your house.

More like staging a family Christmas photo where everyone is wearing a mask and has a knitted “I believe in science” sweater.

Liberal tribal signals are a lot less likely to center around religious holidays or the concept of family, admittedly.

We’re finally saying “Merry Christmas” to genetic dead-ends again, folks.

What does that even mean?

PostPosted: Mon December 06, 2021 5:58 pm 
Future Drummer

spike wrote:
blueviper wrote:
macphisto wrote:
blueviper wrote:

You just have an average to above average sized penis.

sweet!

PostPosted: Wed December 08, 2021 8:49 pm 
The Master

Quote:
Evanston buyback event nets 53 guns, ammunition a week after fatal shooting

Less than a week after a 17-year-old was killed and five others were wounded in Evanston, IL, a gun buyback event netted police one of the largest caches of weapons ever turned in during such an effort.

A total of 53 guns and ammunition were turned into police during the Dec. 4 buyback at Evanston’s Mount Zion Baptist Church. Included in the collection of weapons were rifles, shotguns and various handguns.

“The goal is to get guns off the street,” said Evanston police Officer Enjoli Daley. “This is about safety. This is about stopping violence. This is about getting guns off the street and out of homes where they may be potentially stolen if they’re not kept or stored properly.”

The event was open to residents of Evanston, Skokie and the North Side of Chicago, according to a news release. Residents were invited to turn in unwanted guns and were paid $100 cash for each gun and $25 for ammunition.

It was an opportunity for at-risk community members to turn in guns and “turn away from criminal activity,” according to a news release promoting the event.

“We don’t want people to feel that if they bring something in they’re going to get in trouble for it,” she said. “This isn’t focused on arrests.”

Police partnered with the Evanston Community Foundation, Mount Zion Baptist Church and Carolyn Murray to host the event.

Murray has worked to end gun violence after the murder of her son, Justin Murray, who was shot and killed in Evanston in 2012. No one has ever been prosecuted in that crime.

“People who heard about my son, corporate sponsors, donated the money,” said Murray, who was at the Dec. 4 event. “We’ve been able to do this for over nine years with money that came out of the community.”

“It’s so important to have a partnership with the police,” she added. “The Evanston Police Department has been very instrumental in the success of this. It was an outstanding overwhelming response from the churches throughout Evanston that have been very supportive of this program.”

The collection was held less than a week after Carl Dennison, 17, was shot and killed and four other teens were wounded in a single Nov. 28 shooting in the 1900 block of Green Bay Road.

A 29-year-old man was also shot and wounded on Howard Street in an unrelated incident the same night. As of Tuesday, police have not announced any arrests in the shootings.

Murray said she was encouraged that the buyback event resulted in 53 guns and ammunition being turned into police, but she also said there’s still a lot of work to do concerning gun violence.

“Not even a week ago there was another fatal shooting not too far from this church,” she said of the recent shootings. “We have to start strategically looking at how we handle gun violence. It’s not so much that it’s in your neighborhood. It’s in the nation and it’s in my town.”

PostPosted: Sun December 12, 2021 5:35 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Sun December 12, 2021 6:02 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

More or less what Roberts was warning the Court’s Texas decision could lead to, by providing precedential run-arounds on protected rights.

PostPosted: Sun December 12, 2021 11:42 pm 
Gone

PostPosted: Sun December 12, 2021 11:45 pm 
The Master

Ok that’s funny

PostPosted: Mon December 13, 2021 12:59 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

McParadigm wrote:
More or less what Roberts was warning the Court’s Texas decision could lead to, by providing precedential run-arounds on protected rights.

Didn't they punt on it on ripeness grounds or whatnot? They didn't decide on the merits of the case, unless I'm mistaken.

PostPosted: Mon December 13, 2021 1:08 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

simple schoolboy wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Didn't they punt on it on ripeness grounds or whatnot? They didn't decide on the merits of the case, unless I'm mistaken.

You’d have to ask Justice Roberts why he felt the Court was in effect opening that door. I’m merely observing what he wrote.

PostPosted: Mon December 13, 2021 1:15 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

macphisto wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon December 13, 2021 4:02 am 
mXn

I, too, see the humor in the situation where that person on the movie set was killed :arrow:

PostPosted: Wed December 29, 2021 9:47 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Gunman kills 5 in Denver

PostPosted: Thu January 13, 2022 9:19 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/01/12/ghost-gunner-zero-percent-receiver/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate