The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:07 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

warehouse wrote:
what are the arguments for letting civilians own body armor? do idiots really argue this is a second amendment thing?

I don't know if body armor qualifies as "arms" but I doubt it. Why need there be a justification for this to be available to all? What's the justification for banning it? It's not like it turns you into batman and bullets bounce off of you.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:55 pm 
Rank This Poster

simple schoolboy wrote:
warehouse wrote:
what are the arguments for letting civilians own body armor? do idiots really argue this is a second amendment thing?

I don't know if body armor qualifies as "arms" but I doubt it. Why need there be a justification for this to be available to all? What's the justification for banning it? It's not like it turns you into batman and bullets bounce off of you.

where is the line? do we let people own tanks? if people need guns to protect themselves, their families or for hunting, i'm 100% on board. i'm not sure i see a reason for people to own body armor. it's primary purpose is to protect people from being shot. who plans on being shot at? i guess it's similar to the argument for banning assault rifles or military grade weapons. giving people access to that kind of weaponry is dangerous for society as a whole.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:02 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I need to get my hands on some body armor.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:05 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
I need to get my hands on some body armor.

Don't be cheap and buy AR-500, you'd be wasting money.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:08 pm 
Gone

warehouse wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

where is the line? do we let people own tanks? if people need guns to protect themselves, their families or for hunting, i'm 100% on board. i'm not sure i see a reason for people to own body armor. it's primary purpose is to protect people from being shot. who plans on being shot at? i guess it's similar to the argument for banning assault rifles or military grade weapons. giving people access to that kind of weaponry is dangerous for society as a whole.

Welcome to the dumb take club.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:09 pm 
Rank This Poster

the only people i know who own body armor live in the sticks in new jersey where the biggest threat to your life is getting lyme's disease. i live in north philly, there's people shot w/ in a 1/4 mile of me every day, but I can't own a gun b/c I have a medical marijuana license. i think about this every time i hear "common sense gun laws". i have no idea what part of "common sense" leads someone to believe citizens should have a right to own body armor, but I'm fine with at least starting there. then we can work on letting me own a gun even though i smoke pot.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:10 pm 
Rank This Poster

macphisto wrote:
warehouse wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

Welcome to the dumb take club.

you can't accuse anyone of having a dumb take after your last comments, weirdo. go play on reddit or something

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:38 pm 
Gone

You're talking about body armor as if it were a weapon when it's a purely defensive implement. Really bizarre.

He also used a car to get there, and traveled quite some distance I understand. What gives citizens the right to travel hundreds of miles unimpeded, without going through a single checkpoint to identify themselves and state their business?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:53 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

warehouse wrote:
I can't own a gun b/c I have a medical marijuana license

Wise of you to not test the Feds, but they aren't likely to prosecute for this. I do wonder how the hell Joe Rogan gets away with it though, being so public and blatant. Maybe everything is registered in his wife's name.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:42 am 
Major Dude

macphisto wrote:
You're talking about body armor as if it were a weapon when it's a purely defensive implement. Really bizarre.

He also used a car to get there, and traveled quite some distance I understand. What gives citizens the right to travel hundreds of miles unimpeded, without going through a single checkpoint to identify themselves and state their business?

Stop being so fucking asinine. You know they’re totally different things.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:54 am 
Gone

I think you meant to quote warehouse.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:58 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

wease wrote:
macphisto wrote:

Arguing to restrict body armor reminds me of the people that argue no one needs a pickup with a hood >4 ft tall as these are especially dangerous to pedestrians.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:59 am 
Rank This Poster

simple schoolboy wrote:
wease wrote:
macphisto wrote:

Arguing to restrict body armor reminds me of the people that argue no one needs a pickup with a hood >4 ft tall as these are especially dangerous to pedestrians.

im sure you can come up with a better comparison then that

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:01 am 
Rank This Poster

wease wrote:
macphisto wrote:

it's not even worth arguing with this idiot. he clearly made one of the dumbest comments in the history of RM, and is now trying to deflect and argue anything else so people forget. he said the mass shooter had "balls" for killing a bunch of innocent people shopping for groceries.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:05 am 
Rank This Poster

simple schoolboy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

Wise of you to not test the Feds, but they aren't likely to prosecute for this. I do wonder how the hell Joe Rogan gets away with it though, being so public and blatant. Maybe everything is registered in his wife's name.

what year do you think it is? more than half the states in the country have legal medical marijuana. i'm fairly certain the feds will not be after me. Joe Rogan gets away with stuff b/c he's famous, i assume lol.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:27 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

warehouse wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
warehouse wrote:

what year do you think it is? more than half the states in the country have legal medical marijuana. i'm fairly certain the feds will not be after me. Joe Rogan gets away with stuff b/c he's famous, i assume lol.

State or local legality has no relevance to perjuring yourself on a federal form.

It's dumb but it's the current legal regime.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:39 am 
Gone

warehouse wrote:
wease wrote:
macphisto wrote:

it's not even worth arguing with this idiot. he clearly made one of the dumbest comments in the history of RM, and is now trying to deflect and argue anything else so people forget. he said the mass shooter had "balls" for killing a bunch of innocent people shopping for groceries.

No, I own it. The killing of innocents is abhorrent, and I have no respect nor admiration for the killer. Just so we’re clear.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 5:53 am 
Gone

What about that subway shooter guy? Did that actually happen?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:47 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:

i thought he was just a pedophile

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:31 pm 
Gone

Peeps wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

i thought he was just a pedophile

He had a bunch of online videos right? Similar shooting. Seems like it got memory holed for some reason

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate