The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6915 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:58 pm 
AnalLog

Yeah nothing more ridiculous than the "tyrannical government" argument by gun nuts. You'll never even hear the drone that takes you out as you clutch your precious AR. :haha:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:14 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:17 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Me hearing doofuses saying you can't fight the US government with assault rifles.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Thu May 26, 2022 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:31 pm 
AnalLog

Yeah good luck with that, shooter.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:55 pm 
Future Drummer

Afghanistan is an isolated, landlocked country on the other side of the world that the great powers always care about a little bit but not enough to fully commit. Not a government fighting in its home country for its existence. It is an idiotic comparison, not that anyone who uses it is actually arguing in good faith.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:01 pm 

bart wrote:
Afghanistan is an isolated, landlocked country on the other side of the world that the great powers always care about a little bit but not enough to fully commit. Not a government fighting in its home country for its existence. It is an idiotic comparison, not that anyone who uses it is actually arguing in good faith.

It would be even harder here. What do you think a war would look like here? Lining up on a battlefield fighting tanks of dedicated government goons?

You lack imagination!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:03 pm 
Champion of RM

Props to The Onion today.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:04 pm 

I'm not even saying it's likely to succeed (the vast majority of rebellions fail horribly) but to act like its unthinkable because of modern technology is just silly. It seems that giant nations are more incompetent at warfare now then they've ever been.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 pm 
Future Drummer

It is actually flat out amazing what militaries can do these days but I dunno, sounds like you’re the asymmetrical warfare expert burt.

Would honestly love to hear someone coherently answer the recurring “why does this happen so much more in the US than in any other country on earth” question.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:20 pm 
Major Dude

bart wrote:
It is actually flat out amazing what militaries can do these days but I dunno, sounds like you’re the asymmetrical warfare expert burt.

Would honestly love to hear someone coherently answer the recurring “why does this happen so much more in the US than in any other country on earth” question.

Cars

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:24 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Sorry if this was posted, but there is a story going around that the cops went in for their kids while everyone waited. Not sure if true, very proggle accounts posting it so you never know.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Sorry if this was posted, but there is a story going around that the cops went in for their kids while everyone waited. Not sure if true, very proggle accounts posting it so you never know.

There's a TV interview with a cop who basically confirms this happened, but I only saw it posted by an account that was literally called like "But Her Emails!" so I declined to post it.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:45 pm 

bart wrote:

A crude stab at it: We don't live in a country. We live in a work camp. No social cohesion, hyper alienation, cultural wasteland, special interests, corruption, barely existent healthcare, little hope for the future...and of course lot's o' guns.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:46 pm 

I think another question you could ask in addition to “why does this happen so much more in the US than in any other country on earth” is:

"Why did this never happen in the US up until the 90s?"

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:58 pm 
The Master

Is this when you blame boomers?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:02 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I think that's when the CIA was created, no?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:03 am 
Future Drummer

It did happen before the 90s Burt. It accelerated in the mid 2000s, after the assault rifle ban ended. It did not accelerate in the 80s when they changed mental health policy, it did not accelerate in pace with the internet. Those are stupid ideas.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:03 am 

spike wrote:
Is this when you blame boomers?

They sold out their kids' and their nation's futures for material garbage!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:04 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
I think another question you could ask in addition to “why does this happen so much more in the US than in any other country on earth” is:

"Why did this never happen in the US up until the 90s?"

We can apparently meme things into existence. Can we meme things into obscurity and obsolescence?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:05 am 

bart wrote:
It did happen before the 90s Burt. It accelerated in the mid 2000s, after the assault rifle ban ended. It did not accelerate in the 80s when they changed mental health policy, it did not accelerate in pace with the internet. Those are stupid ideas.

Obviously it happened, just like it happens in other parts of the world today, but it happened very rarely. It very much became a thing starting around the 90s.

Why do you think it happens?

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Fri May 27, 2022 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6915 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate