Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?

Fri February 16, 2024 9:13 pm

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:One of the shooters was tackled by civilians. The gun was... large. Seems unlikely that this was just some fight that escalated. :(

Not sure why the size of the gun matters. Gun nuts like to carry the biggest thing they're legally allowed to carry.

I don't know what happened, but the size of the gun has no bearing on motive.

... Except that people who like to carry their guns at a parade are more likely to be violent.

I would assert no one brings a tactical assault rifle to a crowded space without an expectation to use it

Well, I fucking agree with that.

Am I the only one that thinks this looks ridiculous walking around with a rifle in public. Even though it's your "right" to do so, it's lame as hell.

Fri February 16, 2024 9:19 pm

blueviper wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:One of the shooters was tackled by civilians. The gun was... large. Seems unlikely that this was just some fight that escalated. :(

Not sure why the size of the gun matters. Gun nuts like to carry the biggest thing they're legally allowed to carry.

I don't know what happened, but the size of the gun has no bearing on motive.

... Except that people who like to carry their guns at a parade are more likely to be violent.

I would assert no one brings a tactical assault rifle to a crowded space without an expectation to use it

Well, I fucking agree with that.

Am I the only one that thinks this looks ridiculous walking around with a rifle in public. Even though it's your "right" to do so, it's lame as hell.

ruddo would clank their heads together, give them the what for, take there guns and get a coke

Fri February 16, 2024 9:38 pm

Imagine walking around in public like that thinking you are some kind of fucking hero.

Sun February 18, 2024 9:46 pm

Utterly speechless at that photo.

Mon February 19, 2024 1:42 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:Utterly speechless at that photo.

That was from a couple of years ago. A few guys decided to walk around downtown Raleigh for a while open carrying the biggest guns they had just because they could. They made sure they went into any business where they thought it would bother people to try and get into arguments. It was all very normal and hero-like.

Wed February 21, 2024 4:58 pm

Utah 9-year-old arrested in fatal shooting of a family member

Wed February 21, 2024 5:22 pm

They really need to do something.

Wed February 21, 2024 9:09 pm

Anders wrote:They really need to do something.

the founders wanted a country where 9 year olds could defend themselves with firearms

Fri March 22, 2024 6:03 pm

Wrong thread

Wed April 03, 2024 5:26 pm

Police say 5-year-old Michigan boy killed when he and 6-year-old find gun at grandparents' home

Thu April 04, 2024 12:31 pm

B wrote:

That was from a couple of years ago. A few guys decided to walk around downtown Raleigh for a while open carrying the biggest guns they had just because they could. They made sure they went into any business where they thought it would bother people to try and get into arguments. It was all very normal and hero-like.

I can no longer see the photo but I assume it's the dudes in Subway with a mini bazooka?

Thu April 04, 2024 2:04 pm

Higgs wrote:
B wrote:

I can no longer see the photo but I assume it's the dudes in Subway with a mini bazooka?

I don't remember it being a bazooka, but yeah, you got the idea.

Tue April 09, 2024 11:28 pm

what a way to make history

Parents of school shooter Ethan Crumbley both sentenced to 10-15 years for involuntary manslaughter

Mon April 15, 2024 1:37 am

TSA found more than 1,500 guns at checkpoints this year so far — and a very high percentage were ‘loaded’

Thu April 18, 2024 7:39 pm

Narrowly avoided repeat of last year's Nashville shooter in one of the nation's most leftist counties:

Wed April 24, 2024 7:23 am

Good ol’ Tennessee…

Wed April 24, 2024 12:14 pm

There’s probably so many fucking people out there cooking up that same personal fantasy.

Damn.
Post a reply