The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:33 pm 
AnalLog

Mickey wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Superblood Wolfmoon wrote:
Just a guy on the internet with a few opinions, same as you.

R2d?

Very stupid guess, I don't think SBWM has even once requested the gps coordinates of another RMer.

Someone actually did that? Who?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:37 pm 
Major Dude

Greg? Abbott wrote:
Texans across the state are grieving for the victims of this senseless crime and for the community of Uvalde. Cecilia and I mourn this horrific loss and we urge all Texans to come together to show our unwavering support to all who are suffering. We thank the courageous first responders who worked to finally secure Robb Elementary School. I have instructed the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas Rangers to work with local law enforcement to fully investigate this crime. The Texas Division of Emergency Management is charged with providing local officials all resources necessary to respond to this tragedy as the State of Texas works to ensure the community has what it needs to heal.

How about requiring a fucking license to own a firearm?

Keep cashing those NRA checks, Greg?. How fucking hypocritical and hollow his words are. He mourns nothing.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:48 pm 
Gone

wease wrote:
Greg? Abbott wrote:
Texans across the state are grieving for the victims of this senseless crime and for the community of Uvalde. Cecilia and I mourn this horrific loss and we urge all Texans to come together to show our unwavering support to all who are suffering. We thank the courageous first responders who worked to finally secure Robb Elementary School. I have instructed the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas Rangers to work with local law enforcement to fully investigate this crime. The Texas Division of Emergency Management is charged with providing local officials all resources necessary to respond to this tragedy as the State of Texas works to ensure the community has what it needs to heal.

How about requiring a fucking license to own a firearm?

Keep cashing those NRA checks, Greg?. How fucking hypocritical and hollow his words are. He mourns nothing.

The guns were purchased legally, and the shooter would have presumably been able to jump through any additional licensing hoops without issue. Any other ideas?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:51 pm 
Gone

So have a license to own a gun? The same as driving a car? Pass classes etc?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:52 pm 
Gone

verb_to_trust wrote:

Don't forget insurance in case your guns go out and commit a mass shooting.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:53 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Are you guys trying to defend gun ownership rights? Or the right to just not have to care about kids getting killed? I can't really tell.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:58 pm 
Gone

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Are you guys trying to defend gun ownership rights? Or the right to just not have to care about kids getting killed? I can't really tell.

Come on, man. I have kids at school today.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:59 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:

if you have to have a license to hunt shouldnt it stand to reason to have a license to own a gun. and like a car carry insurance on it in case someone is injured in a accident?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:00 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

So then answer my question. Are you not worried about your kids after something like this? How can you be ok with everything just staying the same because "nothing can be done"?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:01 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

So then answer my question. Are you not worried about your kids after something like this? How can you be ok with everything just staying the same because "nothing can be done"?

there is a difference between nothing can be done and i do not want to do anything. they just wont admit it

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:05 pm 
Gone

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I'm not verb. I proposed a solution yesterday re: armed guards. I might support further gun control (we already have a lot of gun laws) if I was convinced they'd actually make a difference.

And no, I'm not crippled with fear thinking about my kids dying at school. Losing them to a mass shooter is statistically on the order of the school being swept away by a tornado or their bus driving off a bridge.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:05 pm 
Gone

Peeps wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

there is a difference between nothing can be done and i do not want to do anything. they just wont admit it

Heartfelt pleas for change are just the lefts thoughts and prayers. Steve Kerr went and coached his basketball game last night after his performance during the presser and is probably flanked by security constantly, lives in a gated community.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:06 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
Peeps wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Heartfelt pleas for change are just the lefts thoughts and prayers. Steve Kerr went and coached his basketball game last night after his performance during the presser and is probably flanked by security constantly, lives in a gated community.

Got it. You are just defending your right not to care that little kids got killed.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:09 pm 
Major Dude

macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I'm not verb. I proposed a solution yesterday re: armed guards. I might support further gun control (we already have a lot of gun laws) if I was convinced they'd actually make a difference.

And no, I'm not crippled with fear thinking about my kids dying at school. Losing them to a mass shooter is statistically on the order of the school being swept away by a tornado or their bus driving off a bridge.

As I’ve said, dead children are an acceptable price to pay for you.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:09 pm 
Major Dude

verb_to_trust wrote:
Peeps wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:10 pm 
Gone

wease wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

You forgot to call me a fucking piece of shit. You're slipping.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:10 pm 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Peeps wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Got it. You are just defending your right not to care that little kids got killed.

Bingo

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:15 pm 
Gone

wease wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Peeps wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Bingo

When Push Comes to Shove it takes more than heartfelt pleas for change, you have to produce workable solutions. At first blush, I'm not able to identify what could have stopped this kid

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:22 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
wease wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Peeps wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
macphisto wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Bingo

When Push Comes to Shove it takes more than heartfelt pleas for change, you have to produce workable solutions. At first blush, I'm not able to identify what could have stopped this kid

A multi-generational campaign of firearm confiscation so we'll make a dent in this in say, 200 years?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:26 pm 
AnalLog

macphisto wrote:

And here we are at the crux of everything wrong with our society: a lack of empathy. I understand the statistics and how they apply to my own situation as well and am not "crippled with fear" (a phrase you tough guys love to employ against empathetic people) that a mass shooting will happen at my kid's school. I guess the difference between us is that I have empathy for other people's kids, not just my own. It's a trait that I value and nurture in my own kids. And more than someone's feelings or beliefs on a particular issue, it's a lack of empathy that I find the most abhorrent in a person.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate