The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 346  Next
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Sun November 28, 2021 10:26 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Why has the car not been charged yet?!

fair criticism, wrong thread. Would make more sense in the Where do you get your news thread

PostPosted: Sun November 28, 2021 10:33 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

This one is more trendy though.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun November 28, 2021 11:08 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
This one is more trendy though.

When will we pass common sense SUV control? Vehicles with such a high hood exist only to enable rapid slaughter, and have limited utility when it comes fending off 30-50 feral hogs.

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 12:19 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:

lets go with this stupid hot take

so youre saying a gun and the car should be treated the same

so every person who owns a gun should have to buy insurance in case someone is injured by his gun

a person who owns a gun should have to take license renewals every few years and if he fails his right to operate a gun will be suspended until they can prove they are competent.

if you are caught using a gun while under the influence then before you can use that gun again you will have to blow into a device to prove you have no alcohol in your system before a round enters the chamber

am i doing this right?

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 12:51 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

BurtReynolds wrote:

Great analogy

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 1:57 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Peeps wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

lets go with this stupid hot take

so youre saying a gun and the car should be treated the same

so every person who owns a gun should have to buy insurance in case someone is injured by his gun

a person who owns a gun should have to take license renewals every few years and if he fails his right to operate a gun will be suspended until they can prove they are competent.

if you are caught using a gun while under the influence then before you can use that gun again you will have to blow into a device to prove you have no alcohol in your system before a round enters the chamber

am i doing this right?

How dare you use logic in 'Merica?

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 2:10 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Is that logic? I have no idea what straw man is being attacked here, but leave me out of it!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 2:18 am 

But I'll play your game...

"so youre saying a gun and the car should be treated the same?"

Yeah sure. That means no one should have to buy insurance or get their license renewed or blow into a breathalyzer to own a car if they haven't done anything dangerous or criminal with it.

I also think the identities of murderers should be mentioned in articles about someone murdering people, either with cars or guns, rather than just saying "a car" or "a gun" did it. And that should be done with no regard for the race or politics of the murderer (or the media org).

What do you think of that?

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 2:44 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
But I'll play your game...

"so youre saying a gun and the car should be treated the same?"

Yeah sure. That means no one should have to buy insurance or get their license renewed or blow into a breathalyzer to own a car if they haven't done anything dangerous or criminal with it.

I also think the identities of murderers should be mentioned in articles about someone murdering people, either with cars or guns, rather than just saying "a car" or "a gun" did it. And that should be done with no regard for the race or politics of the murderer (or the media org).

What do you think of that?

That they assiduously avoid re-naming the suspect suggests his motivations were a bit more specific than fleeing the scene or even just generally running people over. What are the chances he gets a generous plea deal to avoid having any of his police statements go public?

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 2:54 am 
The Master

Why should this even go to trial? He was using a public road and those people marching in the parade were jaywalking!

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 2:57 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
Why should this even go to trial? He was using a public road and those people marching in the parade were jaywalking!

How cute. Time, place, and manner restrictions are perfectly reasonable. A permitted event with traffic control and public notice is not the same as randomly closing intersections to 'be heard'.

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 2:58 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

No car insurance or license sounds like a great idea Burt. You really thought that one through, huh?

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 2:59 am 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
No car insurance or license sounds like a great idea Burt. You really thought that one through, huh?

Yep!

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 3:03 am 

simple schoolboy wrote:
spike wrote:

How cute. Time, place, and manner restrictions are perfectly reasonable. A permitted event with traffic control and public notice is not the same as randomly closing intersections to 'be heard'.

The worst part is knowing - KNOWING - that the next time some "protesters" are blocking traffic and attacking drivers and the driver goes through their roadblock to get away, I'm gonna hear from the rocket scientists about how it's the same thing and that I'm a hypocrite for being ok with that but not someone plowing through a parade of old people and kids. I KNOW THIS WILL HAPPEN, and there is nothing I can do about it. It is my fate to read this brilliant retort. It's written in the stars.

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 3:04 am 

I'm gonna have to imagine the smug look on their face as they hit "submit" and it's going to make my blood boil.

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 3:06 am 

And there is NOTHING I CAN DO to divert us from this future.

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 3:06 am 

It's like the plot of terminator 3

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 3:19 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yep!

This is how it works with areas with sufficient judicial reform. Expecting minimums such as insurance and licensure results in a disparate impact on low income POC. The law may be on the books, but, if say, someone high on Xanax crashes into a telephone pole, they won't even be arrested for a suspended license or having an unregistered vehicle, let alone the whole driving under the influence thing.

The law will be selectively enforced on people of means because the court might actually get money out of them.

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 3:26 am 
The Master

PostPosted: Mon November 29, 2021 3:34 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm gonna have to imagine the smug look on their face as they hit "submit" and it's going to make my blood boil.

They're going to be super confused if the Hispanic middle class realizes that the Mexican mafia is better able to maintain public order than the municipal police.

But they're also POC, why come no solidarity!?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 346  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate