The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18107
PHATJ wrote:
Quote:
GREEN COVE SPRINGS, Fla. — A Florida sheriff says he will deputize every gun owner in his county to put down any violent protests his deputies can’t handle alone.

Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels gave no indication in a three-minute video released Wednesday that any demonstrations are planned in his suburban Jacksonville county. Daniels also said he would protect any peaceful protests, but added that if anyone starts “tearing up Clay County, that is not going to be acceptable.”

“If we can’t handle you, I’ll exercise the power and authority as the sheriff and I’ll make special deputies of every lawful gun owner in the county and I’ll deputize them to this one purpose: to stand in the gap between lawlessness and civility,” said Daniels, sporting a white cowboy hat as he stood in front of 18 deputies.

Daniels, who is African American, said in the video that his department has a “great relationship” with its residents, but “if you come to Clay County and think for one second we’ll bend our backs for you, you’re sadly mistaken.”

“The second you step out from up under the protection of the Constitution, we’ll be waiting on you and give you everything you want: all the publicity, all the pain, all the glamour and glory for all that five minutes will give you.”


sounds like a normal guy

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/local/investigation-of-clay-county-sheriff-nears-conclusion/77-c80918a2-fdba-4ab5-b887-dc7d63abec40

Quote:
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. — A yearlong investigation of Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels may be drawing to a close.

First Coast News has learned from multiple law enforcement sources that the Florida Department of Law Enforcement has completed its initial report into misconduct allegations against Clay's top cop. The report is now in the possession of the 4th District State Attorney’s Office, which must review and make recommendations, an FDLE spokesperson confirmed.

The investigation was sparked in May 2019 after Daniels called 911 on his lover of six years, whom he accused of stalking, and asked his own officers to place her under arrest. Cierra Smith was arrested and detained for 6 hours but not jailed after an assistant state attorney found there was no probable cause to book her.

It later emerged that Daniels began his affair with Smith when he was her direct supervisor at the Duval County Jail.

Because prosecutors must still review the report and decide if charges are warranted, FDLE could not comment on the content of the investigation, saying it is still active.

Daniels is a first-term sheriff up for re-election and facing six challengers including Atlantic Beach Police Chief Michelle Cook, former Clay County Sheriff’s Office Emergency Management Director Ben Carroll, former FDLE agent Mike Taylor, as well as former Clay County Commissioner and retired Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Harold Rutledge.

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 6314
Location: Tristes Tropiques
PHATJ wrote:
black led leftist extremist led
protests violent riots.

And I don’t give a fuck what you think is a “gotcha” moment. Those gun numbers are real, however you want to poopoo them. And the atrocious, violent, and threatening behavior of the radical left isn’t going unnoticed. It really doesn’t matter what your comeback may be to any of this. I couldn’t care less about whatever nonsensical garbage you peddle.


So just to clarify, it doesn't remotely trouble you that the response to "black lives matter" protests is a historic number of gun sales. That doesn't even echo around in your jumbled skull as potentially bad?

_________________
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
Seems like Mickey has formed 4 decks worth of archetypes out of RMers, and he’s playing them off of each other as if to divine some sort of overall meaning to this place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 12:59 am 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8122
Maybe it was the looting and the calls to abolish the police

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 19896
Location: Gigatown
Bi_3 wrote:
Maybe it was the looting and the calls to abolish the police

Ding ding, we have a winner.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24338
Location: Illinois
Mickey wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
black led leftist extremist led
protests violent riots.

And I don’t give a fuck what you think is a “gotcha” moment. Those gun numbers are real, however you want to poopoo them. And the atrocious, violent, and threatening behavior of the radical left isn’t going unnoticed. It really doesn’t matter what your comeback may be to any of this. I couldn’t care less about whatever nonsensical garbage you peddle.


So just to clarify, it doesn't remotely trouble you that the response to "black lives matter" protests is a historic number of gun sales. That doesn't even echo around in your jumbled skull as potentially bad?


I think doomers like me are buying up a huge share of those guns. Societal collapse and the fear of what comes after is probably number one. Protection against roving hordes of scary black people is two.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18107
yeah i mean if enough freaks voted to disband my local police force i would probably buy a gun

probably get a couple dobermans too

that is america

the right to bear arms

life on the prairie returns

and to prevent the king of england; or some rabid english lit major in a hula skirt; or some common rapist / thief - from breaking in to my house and taxing / lecturing / raping / stealing from me, respectively

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 5312
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
96583UP wrote:
common rapist / thief

But how will you know their intentions if they have a covid mask on?!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24338
Location: Illinois
I'd be woke enough just to let the rape happen then try my best to cuddle afterwards. Maybe attend a protest together the next day after making the rapist avocado toast in the morning.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18107
elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
common rapist / thief

But how will you know their intentions if they have a covid mask on?!!


i religiously lock my doors

if they get in, it's no accident - and that only means one of two things: they are coming for the picasso, or they are c*mming for-a myassho'

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 5312
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
This was the joke, friends:

Spoiler: show


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 3:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 6314
Location: Tristes Tropiques
PHATJ wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Maybe it was the looting and the calls to abolish the police

Ding ding, we have a winner.


See, a smart person would probably recognize that it's an overdetermined phenomena, one that can't be traced to a single event/anxiety--which also means that white racism cannot be eliminated as a causal factor driving gun sales in the wake of the resurgent BLM movement. And so, a smart person might avoid gloating about how recent left-wing, black-led anti-racism protests are driving gun sales when there's a quite obvious and very ugly elephant in the room.

But, again, a smart person.

_________________
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
Seems like Mickey has formed 4 decks worth of archetypes out of RMers, and he’s playing them off of each other as if to divine some sort of overall meaning to this place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 4:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 41575
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Mickey wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Maybe it was the looting and the calls to abolish the police

Ding ding, we have a winner.


See, a smart person would probably recognize that it's an overdetermined phenomena, one that can't be traced to a single event/anxiety--which also means that white racism cannot be eliminated as a causal factor driving gun sales in the wake of the resurgent BLM movement. And so, a smart person might avoid gloating about how recent left-wing, black-led anti-racism protests are driving gun sales when there's a quite obvious and very ugly elephant in the room.

But, again, a smart person.

Which do you think is more likely?

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Sun July 05, 2020 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 5531
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
8-year-old killed, 3 injured in shooting at Alabama mall

_________________
"I'll hold your wallet while you go fuck yourself"-David Letterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Sun July 05, 2020 1:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18107
I thought only americans did this!?!

Quote:
Boy, 14, charged with 1st-degree murder of woman, 'shocking' string of shootings and assaults: police

Winnipeg shootings, stabbing happened in 24-hour period between early Canada Day, following morning


https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-police-teen-arrested-shootings-1.5636459

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 3:13 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1901


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 41575
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
simple schoolboy wrote:

so many guns are going to be lost in boating accidents...

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 3:45 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1901
BurtReynolds wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

so many guns are going to be lost in boating accidents...


Hmmm. Maybe they can turn this into a reparations play if they are all transferrable but ADOS don't have to pay for the tax stamp.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 4:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18107
simple schoolboy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

so many guns are going to be lost in boating accidents...


Hmmm. Maybe they can turn this into a reparations play if they are all transferrable but ADOS don't have to pay for the tax stamp.


leave the gun, take the cannoli

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 4:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24338
Location: Illinois
I'm all for taxing the shit out of guns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: America..why won't you just ban the fucking gun?
PostPosted: Thu July 09, 2020 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:03 pm
Posts: 1373
96583UP wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
common rapist / thief

But how will you know their intentions if they have a covid mask on?!!


i religiously lock my doors

if they get in, it's no accident - and that only means one of two things: they are coming for the picasso, or they are c*mming for-a myassho'


LOL

_________________
2010 St. Louis
2004 St. Louis
2003 St. Louis
2000 St. Louis
1998 St. Louis


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri August 07, 2020 10:29 am