The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 47913
Dev wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Snowden is a pussy. Fuck him.

woah

I have very strong opinions about leaking classified information, even if the info is not something you agree with.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 48929
Location: Sector 7-G
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dev wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Snowden is a pussy. Fuck him.

woah

I have very strong opinions about leaking classified information, even if the info is not something you agree with.

Can you imagine any situation where classified information should be leaked to the public?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 47913
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dev wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Snowden is a pussy. Fuck him.

woah

I have very strong opinions about leaking classified information, even if the info is not something you agree with.

Can you imagine any situation where classified information should be leaked to the public?

Listen, on a singular level, sure there are things that are effed up and maybe should not happen. But most classified info has layers to it, and messing with one layer can screw up layers that someone like Snowden may not be aware of or have the clearance to know about. I've seen first hand how someone drinking and running their mouth the night before seriously jeopardized the safety of others the following day. So no, I really can't. I'm not saying if I knew about a catastrophic viral outbreak I wouldn't leak it, but on day to day stuff, you can't mess around with something because it made you butthurt.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 47913
Image

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 48929
Location: Sector 7-G
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dev wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Snowden is a pussy. Fuck him.

woah

I have very strong opinions about leaking classified information, even if the info is not something you agree with.

Can you imagine any situation where classified information should be leaked to the public?

Listen, on a singular level, sure there are things that are effed up and maybe should not happen. But most classified info has layers to it, and messing with one layer can screw up layers that someone like Snowden may not be aware of or have the clearance to know about. I've seen first hand how someone drinking and running their mouth the night before seriously jeopardized the safety of others the following day. So no, I really can't. I'm not saying if I knew about a catastrophic viral outbreak I wouldn't leak it, but on day to day stuff, you can't mess around with something because it made you butthurt.

I see what you're saying, and you definitely have a point. But I also think it's a little disingenuous to characterize the moral objection to wholesale spying on the American public or the illegal war in Cambodia as simply being butthurt.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 47913
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dev wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Snowden is a pussy. Fuck him.

woah

I have very strong opinions about leaking classified information, even if the info is not something you agree with.

Can you imagine any situation where classified information should be leaked to the public?

Listen, on a singular level, sure there are things that are effed up and maybe should not happen. But most classified info has layers to it, and messing with one layer can screw up layers that someone like Snowden may not be aware of or have the clearance to know about. I've seen first hand how someone drinking and running their mouth the night before seriously jeopardized the safety of others the following day. So no, I really can't. I'm not saying if I knew about a catastrophic viral outbreak I wouldn't leak it, but on day to day stuff, you can't mess around with something because it made you butthurt.

I see what you're saying, and you definitely have a point. But I also think it's a little disingenuous to characterize the moral objection to wholesale spying on the American public or the illegal war in Cambodia as simply being butthurt.

Yes, poor choice of words by me. I'm not going to get into this because it is a rabbit-hole that I don't want to/can't really go down right now. But I've seen first hand the chain reaction that can happen with this type of thing, and I don't like it. Usually, the psych eval you have to go through for a high clearance weeds out these kinds of people, but I guess Snowden slipped through.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 47913
And I know this all makes me sound very right wing, but I guess I took the responsibility very seriously and was very aware of what I was getting into. I guess my brainwashing by the military machine worked a little on me. *shrugs*

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 47913
Pete.

Now I feel like you are judging me.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 48929
Location: Sector 7-G
I'm not judging you. I have a great amount of respect for you and what you've done and because of your experience I think your opinion on this matter carries some weight, even if I disagree with it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 33457
Location: this field intentionally left blank
*judges ruddo*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 47913
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
*judges ruddo*

Image

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 47913
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I'm not judging you. I have a great amount of respect for you and what you've done and because of your experience I think your opinion on this matter carries some weight, even if I disagree with it.

Didn't I call in to WBZ and talk about this topic (not Snowden specifically) with Jordan one time?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 33457
Location: this field intentionally left blank
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
*judges ruddo*

Image

That was seriously uncalled for...apologize immediately


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 48929
Location: Sector 7-G
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I'm not judging you. I have a great amount of respect for you and what you've done and because of your experience I think your opinion on this matter carries some weight, even if I disagree with it.

Didn't I call in to WBZ and talk about this topic (not Snowden specifically) with Jordan one time?

Probably.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32845
Location: Mountains
I think its good for ruddo to speak on such a matter because he's been in it and actually has real world experience with it.

FUck snowden


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32845
Location: Mountains
Just kidding i appreciate snowden.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32845
Location: Mountains
And because of him ive upped my sexting game. I want to make sure the government see's my cock on a regular basis.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 33457
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Strat wrote:
And because of him ive upped my sexting game. I want to make sure the government see's my cock on a regular basis.

Sarge told me you've really upped your game.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32845
Location: Mountains
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:
And because of him ive upped my sexting game. I want to make sure the government see's my cock on a regular basis.

Sarge told me you've really upped your game.

Just feels good to have someone on RM appreciate me finally


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys stand on Snowden
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 6715
dimejinky99 wrote:
Just wondering


kill him

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue April 24, 2018 6:52 am