The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri August 21, 2020 5:03 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8354
The Day After Tomorrow sequel has resumed filming:


_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 3:37 am 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42201
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Noooo not again

https://nypost.com/2020/08/23/kim-jong- ... eport/amp/

Kim Jong Un reportedly in a coma as his sister Kim Yo Jong takes control

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 3:46 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 2157
BurtReynolds wrote:
Noooo not again

https://nypost.com/2020/08/23/kim-jong- ... eport/amp/

Kim Jong Un reportedly in a coma as his sister Kim Yo Jong takes control


Where does this stuff come from? Defectors trying to build up their cred as the basis for some sort of grift?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20142
:lol:

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 5472
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
Is the US playing the part of Rome in this modernized Cleopatra retelling? Because Don Jr. ain't married anymore, Ms. Yo Jong.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 12:24 am 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42201
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
This probably deserves its own thread. How stereotypical.


_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 3:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 6823
Location: 5th floor, Bay 7, position 5740
There's been rumors & gossip about the Falwell's "pool boy" for years.
Of course it was always denied.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 4:01 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 2157
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
There's been rumors & gossip about the Falwell's "pool boy" for years.
Of course it was always denied.


Weren't the rumors that Falwell was gay? The reality is he's an enthusiastic cuckold, or so it would seem.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 4:29 am 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42201
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
What does the bible say about literal cucks?

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2020 10:23 am 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8354
BurtReynolds wrote:
What does the bible say about literal cucks?



It’s something about not coveting your neighbors wife, but doesn’t say anything about just being her fuck buddy

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 2:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19024
ummmmm

Quote:
A cargo ship with 43 crew and 5,800 cattle on board that overturned during stormy weather in the East China Sea has raised renewed concern about animal welfare issues in the live export trade in Australia and New Zealand.

The Japan coast guard continued rescue efforts with three patrol vessels and four aircraft early Friday, in a bid to find 42 crew members still missing. The ship capsized after engine trouble and as a powerful storm swept through the region, according to seafarer Sareno Edvardo, who was rescued.

The ship was transporting cattle from New Zealand to China when it entered the path of Typhoon Maysak, which has battered the region in recent days.

New Zealand-based animal rights group SAFE called for a total ban on live exports. “This is a high-risk trade that puts the lives of animals at risk,” campaigns manager Marianne Macdonald said in a statement.

“Our thoughts are with the families who are missing their loved ones, but we have to recognise the risk to animals that the live export trade brings,”
she added in a separate statement.



https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-04/capsized-cattle-cargo-ship-renews-live-export-welfare-concerns

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 11622
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
96583UP wrote:
ummmmm

Quote:
A cargo ship with 43 crew and 5,800 cattle on board that overturned during stormy weather in the East China Sea has raised renewed concern about animal welfare issues in the live export trade in Australia and New Zealand.

The Japan coast guard continued rescue efforts with three patrol vessels and four aircraft early Friday, in a bid to find 42 crew members still missing. The ship capsized after engine trouble and as a powerful storm swept through the region, according to seafarer Sareno Edvardo, who was rescued.

The ship was transporting cattle from New Zealand to China when it entered the path of Typhoon Maysak, which has battered the region in recent days.

New Zealand-based animal rights group SAFE called for a total ban on live exports. “This is a high-risk trade that puts the lives of animals at risk,” campaigns manager Marianne Macdonald said in a statement.

“Our thoughts are with the families who are missing their loved ones, but we have to recognise the risk to animals that the live export trade brings,”
she added in a separate statement.

Since not much goes on around these here parts generally - this is pretty big news over here at the moment

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-04/capsized-cattle-cargo-ship-renews-live-export-welfare-concerns

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19024
but the cows were probably going to be eaten anyways

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 11622
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
96583UP wrote:
but the cows were probably going to be eaten anyways

We're all gonna get eaten in one way or another, but it's about how we get to that point

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 11:42 am 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8354
Rangi Guy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
but the cows were probably going to be eaten anyways

We're all gonna get eaten in one way or another, but it's about how we get to that point


How long until the liberals claim those cows died of covid-19?

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 6277
Bi_3 wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
but the cows were probably going to be eaten anyways

We're all gonna get eaten in one way or another, but it's about how we get to that point


How long until the liberals claim those cows died of covid-19?


a day after conservatives blame it on obama

_________________
doug rr wrote:
i was busy grilling meat...i'll try to keep up..i could use some help from you cunts when its busy though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri September 04, 2020 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun November 03, 2013 7:44 am
Posts: 155
Location: Texas, USA
NY Times article
Quote:
There has been no “export of livestock for slaughter purposes” since 2007 in New Zealand, a spokeswoman for the Ministry for Primary Industries said on Friday.
...
The animals on board the Gulf Livestock 1 were thought to have been sold abroad for breeding, not slaughter; SAFE [an animal welfare group in New Zealand] has said they were most likely pregnant.
But Mr. Appelbe, of SAFE, said that sending livestock abroad for breeding did not prevent them from being slaughtered in the end.
“It’s not like they get loaded back onto a ship to New Zealand when they’re done,” he said.

And that NY Times article linked to this stats.govt.nz article
Quote:
China overtook the United States as the biggest market for New Zealand beef exports in 2019, Stats NZ said
In the year ended December 2019, beef exports to China rose $880 million (112 percent) from 2018 to reach $1.7 billion. In contrast, beef exports to the US fell $245 million (20 percent) to $956 million.


I had no idea the U.S. imported cows/"beef"/"cows for breeding" from New Zealand!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19024
39 million cows slaughtered in the US per year

wow

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 7:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 11622
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
The Town wrote:
NY Times article
Quote:
There has been no “export of livestock for slaughter purposes” since 2007 in New Zealand, a spokeswoman for the Ministry for Primary Industries said on Friday.
...
The animals on board the Gulf Livestock 1 were thought to have been sold abroad for breeding, not slaughter; SAFE [an animal welfare group in New Zealand] has said they were most likely pregnant.
But Mr. Appelbe, of SAFE, said that sending livestock abroad for breeding did not prevent them from being slaughtered in the end.
“It’s not like they get loaded back onto a ship to New Zealand when they’re done,” he said.

And that NY Times article linked to this stats.govt.nz article
Quote:
China overtook the United States as the biggest market for New Zealand beef exports in 2019, Stats NZ said
In the year ended December 2019, beef exports to China rose $880 million (112 percent) from 2018 to reach $1.7 billion. In contrast, beef exports to the US fell $245 million (20 percent) to $956 million.


I had no idea the U.S. imported cows/"beef"/"cows for breeding" from New Zealand!

We have the best cows. Actually - my first pet was a cow. Her name was Galaxy

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat September 05, 2020 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19024
did you milk her?

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurtReynolds, Higgs and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu September 24, 2020 10:22 am