The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 157  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4565
orig take: The irony of telling citizens of a foreign nation to influence a US election in order to defeat a man who is under investigation of conspiring with foreign citizens to influence a US election is easily overlooked

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24821
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
a silly thing for him to suggest, to be sure. i would never call him a tool though; where's your empathy for what he's been through? i see the kid as a raw nerve trying to turn a horrific incident into a source for positive change. but if course his messaging is going to be stupid at times; like most kids his age, i'm sure he has an inflated sense of his own opinions, and will probably continue to make these sorts of gaffs for some time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4565
tragabigzanda wrote:
a silly thing for him to suggest, to be sure. i would never call him a tool though; where's your empathy for what he's been through? i see the kid as a raw nerve trying to turn a horrific incident into a source for positive change. but if course his messaging is going to be stupid at times; like most kids his age, i'm sure he has an inflated sense of his own opinions, and will probably continue to make these sorts of gaffs for some time.


I have huge respect for people who do this even when I disagree with their conclusions*, but my perception of him now is that he's made the most fatal mistake of activism and that is making it about him and not his message. Maybe it's an age thing. I was marching in pro-choice rallies at 18, so I get the whole 'fuck you old man, I'm right' stance, and I don't think anyone should be pigeonholed in the topics they can express themselves on, but this feels like self-promotion and it has for a while now vs. someone like the young woman who testified at the Kavanaugh hearing whose concern over the issues canme across with unquestionable honesty and feeling.

(*I don't think he was actually at the school when it happened, not that it changes much)

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24821
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Totally agree that he is starting to feel sort of like a "brand," and I've got no issue with that last post, which is far more understandable then just calling him a tool. Unless you have anything else to add, I shall consider the matter closed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4565
tragabigzanda wrote:
Totally agree that he is starting to feel sort of like a "brand," and I've got no issue with that last post, which is far more understandable then just calling him a tool. Unless you have anything else to add, I shall consider the matter closed.


Done, and I agree "tool" was probably too far.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33199
Location: Buenos Aires
I thought you meant like a tool of the liberal elite


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24821
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
theplatypus wrote:
I thought you meant like a tool of the liberal elite

he's more grassroots than elite though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33199
Location: Buenos Aires
Right but maybe he's being used as a tool by the liberal elite

I'm just making sense of Bi3's stance


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4565
theplatypus wrote:
Right but maybe he's being used as a tool by the liberal elite

I'm just making sense of Bi3's stance


It was saying he's coming off as a dick.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38108
He’s a teenager

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4332
Peeps wrote:
Image

shitty iphone camera but the above is heading towards my job. they were working a gas pipeline about a 1/2 mile from our campus (on a hillside)


so CNN used my photo at the end of their video here

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/09/1 ... xplosions/

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24821
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Peeps wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Image

shitty iphone camera but the above is heading towards my job. they were working a gas pipeline about a 1/2 mile from our campus (on a hillside)


so CNN used my photo at the end of their video here

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/09/1 ... xplosions/

Without your permission?!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34645
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Totally agree that he is starting to feel sort of like a "brand," and I've got no issue with that last post, which is far more understandable then just calling him a tool. Unless you have anything else to add, I shall consider the matter closed.


Done, and I agree "tool" was probably too far.

probably not far enough. Stop backing down to these bullies, Bi_3, you weak willed pussy centrist!

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4332
tragabigzanda wrote:
Without your permission?!


i had people from cnn, msn and abc who asked for permission and i granted them all

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24821
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Peeps wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Without your permission?!


i had people from cnn, msn and abc who asked for permission and i granted them all

Dammit i thought we might finally have incontrovertible proof that the news media is against us.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34645
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
how much did you get for them?

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4332
BurtReynolds wrote:
how much did you get for them?


they promised to donate against trump and to bring socialism about if i relinquished rights

sorry burt

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue September 11, 2018 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34645
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Peeps wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
how much did you get for them?


they promised to donate against trump and to bring socialism about if i relinquished rights

sorry burt

This is the worst trade deal ever.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue September 11, 2018 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 655
Thanks CNN, we're never going to hear the end of this one! :P

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
I mean nothing says libertarian more than talking a lot of shit and then getting your ass kicked in an actual one on one...

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue September 11, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4332
8-)

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 157  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed November 21, 2018 12:13 pm