The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Wed April 18, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 4652
Location: Washington State
dimejinky99 wrote:
Did you guys see the pictures attached to that story?
The engine is wrecked. The window smashed.

That’s my number one fear I think about every moment Im Sitting on a plane.

And I always hoped it was impossible. Yet here we are.

Never getting on a plane again.

New fear. Plane crashing into me.

Same here. I hate take off and landing, I white knuckle for the entire time. And any turbulence? Same.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 31331
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
bune wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Did you guys see the pictures attached to that story?
The engine is wrecked. The window smashed.

That’s my number one fear I think about every moment Im Sitting on a plane.

And I always hoped it was impossible. Yet here we are.

Never getting on a plane again.

New fear. Plane crashing into me.

Same here. I hate take off and landing, I white knuckle for the entire time. And any turbulence? Same.

yeah me too. I've been on dozens of flights, but I never feel comfortable.

_________________
"anticipation of death is worse than death itself" - Steven Seagal, Hard to Kill


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 31331
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
OMG IT'S HAPPENING!!!

I need to book a flight to Australia.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/financ ... -reserves/

‘Mad Max scenario’: Australia’s fuel reserves running low

_________________
"anticipation of death is worse than death itself" - Steven Seagal, Hard to Kill


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 12:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 29966
Location: gone fishin'
BurtReynolds wrote:
bune wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Did you guys see the pictures attached to that story?
The engine is wrecked. The window smashed.

That’s my number one fear I think about every moment Im Sitting on a plane.

And I always hoped it was impossible. Yet here we are.

Never getting on a plane again.

New fear. Plane crashing into me.

Same here. I hate take off and landing, I white knuckle for the entire time. And any turbulence? Same.

yeah me too. I've been on dozens of flights, but I never feel comfortable.

I went through a period about three years ago where I developed a pretty intense fear of flying, and I would have a mini freakout at least once per flight. This is really bad for someone who travels often. It makes an already stressful situation much worse. Not sure why, but I got over it after like a year. Maybe I just accepted my imminent death.

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 12:55 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 3549
BurtReynolds wrote:
OMG IT'S HAPPENING!!!

I need to book a flight to Australia.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/financ ... -reserves/

‘Mad Max scenario’: Australia’s fuel reserves running low



viewtopic.php?p=1134585#p1134585

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 5:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Mon June 12, 2017 10:14 am
Posts: 204
backspacer gonna rebound

_________________
There's plenty for all.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 6:05 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1362
Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
OMG IT'S HAPPENING!!!

I need to book a flight to Australia.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/financ ... -reserves/

‘Mad Max scenario’: Australia’s fuel reserves running low



viewtopic.php?p=1134585#p1134585


How long until Australia establishes an "Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" and makes Indonesian oil production great again?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 6:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Mon June 12, 2017 10:14 am
Posts: 204
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
OMG IT'S HAPPENING!!!

I need to book a flight to Australia.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/financ ... -reserves/

‘Mad Max scenario’: Australia’s fuel reserves running low



viewtopic.php?p=1134585#p1134585


How long until Australia establishes an "Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" and makes Indonesian oil production great again?

They'll ignore New Zealand, which will thrive with its it accurate interpretation of so called ozzies.....Keitha....that's a man's name....will be so worried about 'choking a brown snake' (her words) she and "OZ" will wither back into irrelevance.

_________________
There's plenty for all.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 3674
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Wtf
'Smallville' Star Allison Mack Arrested for Alleged Ties to Sex Cult

How Allison Mack forced women to be branded

_________________
"I'll hold your wallet while you go fuck yourself"-David Letterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 31331
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
do we need a "vehicular murder" thread? "Canada, why dont you ban the fucking van?" would be a good title.

anyway, this weird. people just wandering around like its no big deal.


_________________
"anticipation of death is worse than death itself" - Steven Seagal, Hard to Kill


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue April 24, 2018 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 14134

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue April 24, 2018 5:17 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1362
BurtReynolds wrote:
do we need a "vehicular murder" thread? "Canada, why dont you ban the fucking van?" would be a good title.

anyway, this weird. people just wandering around like its no big deal.



So, Canadian cop refrains from shooting a guy who pantomimes (I assume its not a real gun) drawing a gun multiple times, and doesn't shoot the guy? That cop would probably get fired in the US. He can see better than the shitty cell phone video we have, but he would have been in the clear if he shot the guy. Apparently, he's a a decent human being and rather took the risk rather than blasting off. Can we bring him to the states to be a training officer?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue April 24, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 2944
Location: right there
An absolutely awful situation. At this point I don't even care what motivated the murderer. If he was hoping for suicide by cop, I'm glad he didn't get it and he'll have to live with his cowardly actions for the rest of his rotten life.

_________________
It always has to get a little weird.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Tue April 24, 2018 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 31331
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
yeah i figure the cop saw that it wasn't a gun and decided not to give him what he wanted.

_________________
"anticipation of death is worse than death itself" - Steven Seagal, Hard to Kill


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34179
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Fascinated by this guy. His artwork strikes me as incredibly sad - the work of someone who feels truly alienated (no pun intended) from humanity.

https://www.theartblog.org/2011/08/davi ... mmon-life/

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 1:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 3674
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
BurtReynolds wrote:
yeah i figure the cop saw that it wasn't a gun and decided not to give him what he wanted.



his name is Constable Ken Lam. Newest Canadian Hero.

Officer praised after taking down Toronto van attack suspect without gunfire

_________________
"I'll hold your wallet while you go fuck yourself"-David Letterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 7:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20430
Jim Jeffries did a bit on the abortion referendum here& it’s quite funny


_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Last edited by dimejinky99 on Wed April 25, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 10:42 am 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13201
Location: Cumberland, RI
If you're into serial killers and that shit, stay tuned today; chatter is that the East Area Rapist/aka The Original Night Stalker / aka The Golden State Killer has been identified.


_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 11:52 am 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13201
Location: Cumberland, RI
Simple Torture wrote:
If you're into serial killers and that shit, stay tuned today; chatter is that the East Area Rapist/aka The Original Night Stalker / aka The Golden State Killer has been identified.



More on this: apparently a man was arrested in Australia and has been linked to unsolved murders there and the EAR/ONS/GSK cases.


_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 12:03 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13201
Location: Cumberland, RI
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
If you're into serial killers and that shit, stay tuned today; chatter is that the East Area Rapist/aka The Original Night Stalker / aka The Golden State Killer has been identified.



More on this: apparently a man was arrested in Australia and has been linked to unsolved murders there and the EAR/ONS/GSK cases.



Er, I guess he was arrested in Sacramento.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 7:00 pm