The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat December 30, 2017 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 32030
Location: this field intentionally left blank
WTF is wrong with the goddamn police in this country?! Why in the holy fuck did they just shoot that guy?! When is this going to fucking stop?!

_________________
96583UP wrote:
you guessed it

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat December 30, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 12:11 am
Posts: 1343
Location: The 216
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
WTF is wrong with the goddamn police in this country?! Why in the holy fuck did they just shoot that guy?! When is this going to fucking stop?!


It won’t. Murca.

An online gaming ban sounds great right about now though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat December 30, 2017 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 12397
Location: Illinois
Take it to the Cops are the Worst thread


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat December 30, 2017 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 377
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
WTF is wrong with the goddamn police in this country?! Why in the holy fuck did they just shoot that guy?! When is this going to fucking stop?!


In the immediate aftermath it's certainly easy to focus on the idiot who made the call and caused all this, but you have a very valid point that's even more apparent given the circumstances of this situation. Cops are far too militarized and ready to pull the trigger. All they have to say is "he reached for his waistband" but here we have a situation where not only was the man unarmed, but the police were there on false pretenses. This man had no need to "reach" for anything. I'd further point out that the police are a pretty safe distance away from the guy to have such a reaction without even seeing a weapon. It's fucking bullshit.

_________________
Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sun December 31, 2017 5:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 12397
Location: Illinois
Mods?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sun December 31, 2017 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 3455
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
ugh..., falling over 600ft. That means he had lots of time to think about it.
Daredevil plunges to death from 62 floors

_________________
"I'll hold your wallet while you go fuck yourself"-David Letterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sun December 31, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 13395
Smash Mouth Politics.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sun December 31, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 377
Stickman wrote:
ugh..., falling over 600ft. That means he had lots of time to think about it.
Daredevil plunges to death from 62 floors


LOL at the use of "tragic" several times in that video. :lol:

_________________
Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sun December 31, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 377
McParadigm wrote:
Smash Mouth Politics.


I love watching old people use the internet.

_________________
Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sun December 31, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 47477
Location: Sector 7-G
McParadigm wrote:
Smash Mouth Politics.

He ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sun December 31, 2017 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 32030
Location: this field intentionally left blank
cutuphalfdead wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Smash Mouth Politics.

He ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

I’d even say he’s looking kind of dumb

_________________
96583UP wrote:
you guessed it

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 3455
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
:cry:

Cancer-stricken bride dies 18 hours after wedding

_________________
"I'll hold your wallet while you go fuck yourself"-David Letterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
"Bomb cyclone" enters the lexicon.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/snow-sleet-headed-southeast-northeast-braces-another-brutal-171404968--abc-news-topstories.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 4038
Location: Oslo, Norway
http://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2084478/us-student-whose-dad-perished-9/11-terror-attacks

US student whose dad perished in 9/11 terror attacks chokes to death in pancake-eating contest


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 2:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 29457
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Anders wrote:
http://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2084478/us-student-whose-dad-perished-9/11-terror-attacks

US student whose dad perished in 9/11 terror attacks chokes to death in pancake-eating contest

Thats gonna be an awkward reunion in Heaven.

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 29457
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Tragedy in Oregon. Now they have to pump their own gas. Guess I have to move to New Jersey now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/institutef ... 0c3dd600eb

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 5:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 2067
BurtReynolds wrote:
Tragedy in Oregon. Now they have to pump their own gas. Guess I have to move to New Jersey now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/institutef ... 0c3dd600eb


Old news. This was going down like 2 years ago.
http://www.hoodrivernews.com/news/2016/ ... al-oregon/

"rural counties with less than 40,000 people, roughly half the state, to rid themselves of the ban on self-pumping between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m."

Not really gonna change much.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2863
Leatherhead wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Tragedy in Oregon. Now they have to pump their own gas. Guess I have to move to New Jersey now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/institutef ... 0c3dd600eb


Old news. This was going down like 2 years ago.
http://www.hoodrivernews.com/news/2016/ ... al-oregon/

"rural counties with less than 40,000 people, roughly half the state, to rid themselves of the ban on self-pumping between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m."

Not really gonna change much.


I don’t how teenage me would get by under such a ban


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2863
This "Spectre" bug is bad. Like industry shaking bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3683
Location: Washington State
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=spectre+bug

For anyone who's interested.







Wow, you weren't kidding.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed January 24, 2018 5:45 am