The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296 ... 321  Next
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Sat October 15, 2022 8:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Midterms.

Has Biden been harping on this? Seems like they implemented it without a ton of fanfare. Not sure how this wins him any votes. Populist righties have been harping on re-shoring industry since Perot/ Buchanan.

That said, many of the people freaking out about Trump's 'trade war' are being rather sanguine on this. This is more significant than tariffs.

Hopefully the Chinese don't retaliate with anything crazy. Not saying this was a bad call, just hope this is part of a larger serious effort to re-shore other industries because we've seen how unreliable China can be and how they act against almost all of our interests.

It's only racist when Republicans do it.

Don't worry, among Europeans and some on the left, it's imperialism.

PostPosted: Sun October 16, 2022 12:15 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Sun October 16, 2022 3:32 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

there's prob a couple european countries out there that could benefit from a monarchy for a little while

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2022 11:57 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

That still exists?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2022 8:05 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mark Kelly's pitbull killed a baby seal in 2013 and I am just now learning of it?

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2022 8:15 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
That still exists?

Yeah, Kanye's been in the news quite a bit in the past few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2022 11:36 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Did he get some money from Kim in the divorce? I thought his goofy ass was broke.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2022 11:42 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
Did he get some money from Kim in the divorce? I thought his goofy ass was broke.

He is/was a billionaire as recently as 2020.

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2022 11:43 pm 

Rich get richer

PostPosted: Wed October 19, 2022 12:53 pm 

Hello wtf is this

PostPosted: Wed October 19, 2022 4:28 pm 

B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
That still exists?

Yeah, Kanye's been in the news quite a bit in the past few weeks.

Between that, the rant about Jewish bankers, and now this, he's been busy.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2022 9:54 pm 
The Master

spike wrote:
Rider is the boyfriend of my buddy’s coworker. He was watching football and unaware of the parade tragedy at the time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -door.html

So this guy is representing himself apparently. And it’s a shit show.: https://www.wisn.com/article/darrell-br ... s/41765012

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2022 10:10 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

spike wrote:
spike wrote:
Rider is the boyfriend of my buddy’s coworker. He was watching football and unaware of the parade tragedy at the time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -door.html

So this guy is representing himself apparently. And it’s a shit show.: https://www.wisn.com/article/darrell-br ... s/41765012

This guy is a good example of why 3 strikes laws are good policy, actually. A rap sheet that long, it's kind of amazing he hadn't already killed someone.

PostPosted: Wed October 26, 2022 5:44 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

If he hadn't killed a bunch of people, that court footage might be the funniest thing I've ever seen. What a [redacted] piece of shit.

PostPosted: Wed October 26, 2022 2:44 pm 
The Master

I wonder if Bammer finds the judge JILF worthy.

PostPosted: Wed October 26, 2022 3:33 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I'm curious about his mom's thought process, who at one point had a no-contact order against him. She claims that he gets into fits (such as beating the shit out of his girlfriend) where he has no memory of the incident and that he doesn't take the medication that helps with this condition.

Clearly bailing him out was best for him and society at large.

Last edited by simple schoolboy on Wed October 26, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed October 26, 2022 8:33 pm 
The Master

i wonder if this guy will get the dahmer treatment in prison.

Quote:
Darrell E. Brooks was found guilty on Wednesday of first-degree intentional homicide in the deaths of six people he struck with his car on a terrifying rampage through a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wis., in 2021.

The verdict, delivered by a jury in Waukesha County, followed a chaotic three-week trial in which Mr. Brooks represented himself.

Mr. Brooks, 40, was found guilty of all 76 criminal charges, including 61 counts of recklessly endangering safety, six counts of hit-and-run causing death, two counts of bail jumping and one count of misdemeanor battery. Dozens of people at the parade were injured in the attack.

In Wisconsin, conviction of first-degree intentional homicide carries a mandatory life sentence.

The verdict, delivered after close to three hours of deliberations, brought to an end a circuslike trial that was filled with disruptions by Mr. Brooks. He frequently interrupted Judge Jennifer R. Dorow of Waukesha County Circuit Court, objected when witnesses referred to him by his name and ranted that his rights were being violated.

PostPosted: Wed October 26, 2022 9:16 pm 

I heard somewhere that dahmer was actually a real asshole in prison, kinda rubbing his crimes in people's faces. Might help explain why he didn't last long.

PostPosted: Wed October 26, 2022 9:25 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

BurtReynolds wrote:
I heard somewhere that dahmer was actually a real asshole in prison, kinda rubbing his crimes in people's faces. Might help explain why he didn't last long.

"The man who beat serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer to death inside a Wisconsin prison says he did it because of Dahmer’s creepy sense of humor – which included turning prison food into fake limbs covered with ketchup to resemble blood, the New York Post reports.

Christopher Scarver, who was sentenced to two life terms in prison for killing Dahmer and another man at Columbia Correctional Institution in 1994, said the confessed cannibal would leave the fake limbs around the prison where others would find them.

“He crossed the line with some people – prisoners, prison staff,” the newspaper quoted Scarver as saying. “Some people who are in prison are repentant – but he was not one of them.”

In a separate story, the Post quotes Dahmer’s former prison minister as saying the convict would make jokes about this cannibalistic past.

“If he saw a guard that was nervous and standing near enough to hear him, he would say, ‘I bite,’” the newspaper quoted the pastor, Roy Ratcliff, as saying. “Usually the guard would jump away and that would make Jeff laugh.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/30/us/f ... index.html

PostPosted: Thu October 27, 2022 3:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

‘i had to beat them to death with their own shoes’

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296 ... 321  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate