The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 320  Next
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 3:37 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
Bubba The Love Sponge strikes again.

Growing up in Tampa I never thought he'd have this kind of continued political relevance when he tried to kill a pig on air from like a Kmart parking lot

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 10:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gya3 ... d-to-dilfs

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 10:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Congo’s miners dying in hell tunnels to power your mobile

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 10:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Stickman wrote:
......and I thank them for their service!

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 10:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Rangi Guy wrote:
Stickman wrote:

This is a bad post.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 12:44 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Stickman wrote:

This is a bad post.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 1:21 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Stickman wrote:

This is a bad post.

This one's bad too.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 1:31 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Agreed. Dumb meme.

But seriously, the raw materials we currently use for our non fossil fuel economy (batteries, solar panels, etc. ) are really umm... not good and China wisely has made a global effort to dominate that market while we argue about how many genders Facebook should list. We cannot replace fossil fuels with our current supply of rare earth elements. Some pundits have even suggested the reason we are still in Afghanistan is the Lithium supply we will need over the next century.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 2:00 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

"You come at the king, you best not miss"

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 2:12 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Agreed. Dumb meme.

But seriously, the raw materials we currently use for our non fossil fuel economy (batteries, solar panels, etc. ) are really umm... not good and China wisely has made a global effort to dominate that market while we argue about how many genders Facebook should list. We cannot replace fossil fuels with our current supply of rare earth elements. Some pundits have even suggested the reason we are still in Afghanistan is the Lithium supply we will need over the next century.

You know that you can care about multiple things at once, right? Tech waste is a major fucking problem. People should also be allowed to gender ID however they want.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 2:17 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Agreed. Dumb meme.

You know that you can care about multiple things at once, right? Tech waste is a major fucking problem. People should also be allowed to gender ID however they want.

Just pointing out our public discourse leans towards the non issue (Facebooks gender is their business) when real issues like sustainable energy production and storage need to be in the forefront.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 2:17 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Agreed. Dumb meme.

Just pointing out our public discourse leans towards the non issue (Facebooks gender is their business) when real issues like sustainable energy production and storage need to be in the forefront.

Why do you think that is?

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 2:19 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Agreed. Dumb meme.

Because judgement and fear are easy while meaningful change is hard?

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 2:25 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Agreed. Dumb meme.

Because judgement and fear are easy while meaningful change is hard?

Hmm, I kind of agree. I think it's because things like sustainable energy production necessarily involve structural economic change--which is definitely hard (I'd say just about impossible absent a coherent collective politics). Whereas harassing Facebook to allow third gender on their platform (or to _not_ do that) is squarely within the playbook of atomized liberal political activism, so it's much easier--it's basically just yelling at someone's manager. IOW I don't think most people don't care about sustainable energy production as much as they find it completely overwhelming and unmanageable.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 6:15 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Boeing’s 737 800 max has been banned from all European airspace following the crash in Africa.
Really unusual move.

PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 9:14 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://people.com/style/julia-roberts-new-lob-haircut/

PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 11:31 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

doug rr wrote:
https://people.com/style/julia-roberts-new-lob-haircut/

Wow Julia Roberts is still alive.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat March 16, 2019 10:37 am 
what on earth am I talking about

450 world landmarks to go green for St Patrick’s day.
Some really cool photos in here

https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/ ... 16513.html

PostPosted: Sat March 16, 2019 5:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Sun March 17, 2019 1:51 am 

meanwhile...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-4 ... G2wPAehl4A

Demonstrators have smashed and looted shops in Paris in a resurgence of the gilets jaunes ("yellow vest") protests that started four months ago in France.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 320  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate