The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 320  Next
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 1:56 am 
Future Drummer

I got to see one of those at yokota as a kid. One of the coolest planes ever, though I thought warthogs were slightly cooler.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 2:11 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

lets rank our favorite commercial airplanes..

A380
A330

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 2:51 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

bart wrote:
I got to see one of those at yokota as a kid. One of the coolest planes ever, though I thought warthogs were slightly cooler.

Yeah I worked closely with A-10's during my time in the service. Hands down the best warplane ever

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 2:55 am 
Mind Your Tanners

bart wrote:

My basic training was at Ft. Leonard Wood and there was a training wing of warthogs there. We'd be out in the field and hear them flying around and, of course, BRRRRRRRT.

Favorite GI Joe plane when I was little and my favorite real plane when I grew up. Tight between that and the SR71.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:53 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bart wrote:

Yeah I worked closely with A-10's during my time in the service. Hands down the best warplane ever

No love for the SU-25?

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 6:37 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rgery.html

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 1:49 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

simple schoolboy wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bart wrote:

No love for the SU-25?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 9:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Alabama Fan Explains Why He Poisoned Auburn Oak Trees

He sounds like an actual psycho.
Quote:
An Alabama fan who poisoned Toomer’s Oak Trees at Auburn University opened up about why he did it, saying he just doesn't like the Crimson Tide's biggest rival.

Harvey Updyke, Jr. poisoned the 80-year-old trees in 2011 and was eventually busted after he called into the Paul Finebaum radio show admitting the crime. He also left a phone message to an Auburn professor saying he knew who poisoned the tree.

Updyke Jr. pleaded guilty to a Class C felony of criminal damage of an agricultural facility, was ordered to serve at least six months in jail, spend five years on supervised probation and ordered to pay $800,000 in restitution.

Updyke's probation recently ended allowing him to speak to the media about the incident.

“I wanted Auburn people to hate me as much as I hate them,” Updyke tells CBS News in a podcast named "Mobituaries," hosted by Mo Rocca.

“I just don’t like Auburn,” added Updyke, who is banned from Auburn's campus for life. “You know, there are several things in this world that I really and truly don’t like, and Auburn is one of them.

Updyke told CBS News he planned the crime for a month and placed a specialty herbicide called Spike 80DF on the trees. Updyke poured 500 times the amount of herbicide actually needed to kill the trees.

“Every night I’d stay up all night long, and they used to have cameras on the trees, and I figured out when the slowest time, what day of the week and what out of the night was the slowest around those oak trees, so I could go in there at that time and not get caught,” Updyke said.

The full podcast will be available starting on Friday.

Last edited by bune on Thu March 07, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 9:03 pm 

Or dumb. He sounds really dumb.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 9:04 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Roll tide

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2019 5:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Couldn't find a general taxes thread so this will have to do.
Quote:
Thumbs up, but if we were really serious about saving the earth, our children and ourselves we would make full time bicycle commuters ( would have to be car-less also) exempt from Federal Income Tax. Would require income limits and strict tests for validity. Seems crazy right? but if we don’t do something as significant as this to change our ways, what is the point of tax revenues? To paraphrase a bumper sticker I used to have, ” there is no IRS on a dead planet.”
Saw this comment on an article and it's just so fecking stupid. Yeah, let's promote more oversight while taking in less money. Good job.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2019 2:07 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

bune wrote:
Quote:
Thumbs up, but if we were really serious about saving the earth, our children and ourselves we would make full time bicycle commuters ( would have to be car-less also) exempt from Federal Income Tax. Would require income limits and strict tests for validity. Seems crazy right? but if we don’t do something as significant as this to change our ways, what is the point of tax revenues? To paraphrase a bumper sticker I used to have, ” there is no IRS on a dead planet.”
Saw this comment on an article and it's just so fecking stupid. Yeah, let's promote more oversight while taking in less money. Good job.

Is this real an idea that makes sense to adults?

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2019 2:09 pm 
The Master

Only biking can save the planet

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2019 5:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
bune wrote:
Quote:

Is this real an idea that makes sense to adults?

I live near Portland, what do you think.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2019 6:18 pm 
Gone

Methane from cattle is so much more of an issue than some guy driving his car to work.

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2019 2:34 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2019 4:33 pm 
AnalLog

McParadigm wrote:

Wow I’m shocked. I thought for sure he’d have a long and successful career.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 2:36 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Quote:
THE LOVE SPONGE: Next thing you know, [inaudible], what's going on in the [inaudible] dormitory? Nothing. I don't got a PSP to play, I ain't got nothing going on, I ain't got my mom and dad here telling me that they love me and tuck me in bed. So, here's Trixie, she wants to explore my body a little bit, so hey, let's go crazy.

CO-HOST: Wow. You're a sicko.

TUCKER CARLSON: If it weren't my daughter I would love that scenario.

CO-HOST: That's one theory.

THE LOVE SPONGE: Well I mean it's a -- Manson, Manson, can you tell him --

CARLSON: But I just can't. And I just think that's pretty unlikely --

THE LOVE SPONGE: As outlandish as that is, how old is your daughter?

CARLSON: 14.

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2019/03/10/unearthed-audio-tucker-carlson-makes-numerous-misogynistic-and-perverted-comments/223092

This should be fun

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 2:41 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Bubba The Love Sponge strikes again.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 2:45 am 
Mind Your Tanners

The greatest thing is when defenders of Carlson try the whole 'But he said that so many years ago' argument, and just last week Carlson was trying to Burn Bidden for something he said in 75 or something

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 320  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate