Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The Brexit

Fri June 24, 2016 10:53 am

Have you been following this campaign? The leave campaign was all based on racism and fear. Farage admitted this morning they lied and have no plan for what actually happens now. They had no idea it would actually be a leave result. And with Cameron stepping down? Political quagmire. Boris Johnson is not fit to be PM.

Also Scotland now saying it will have a second referendum on independence from the UK and EU saying they're welcome into the EU.

Fri June 24, 2016 11:00 am

dimejinky99 wrote:Have you been following this campaign? The leave campaign was all based on racism and fear.

I'm not convinced it was the Leave side who relied most on fear when the Remainers all but claimed Britain would be sucked into a vortex if they voted to leave the EU.

Fri June 24, 2016 11:04 am

dimejinky99 wrote:Have you been following this campaign? The leave campaign was all based on racism and fear. Farage admitted this morning they lied and have no plan for what actually happens now. They had no idea it would actually be a leave result. And with Cameron stepping down? Political quagmire. Boris Johnson is not fit to be PM.

Also Scotland now saying it will have a second referendum on independence from the UK and EU saying they're welcome into the EU.

Scotland next, then Catalonia, then Quebec, then split the US down the middle. Independence for everyone!

Fri June 24, 2016 11:06 am

The tabloids lead the charge making it all about illegal immigrants and England being overrun. The leave campaign capitalised on that and UKIP especially. They have shot themselves and everyone else in Europe in the face. It will be about ten years before the EU stabilises around it but they're saying the UK itself is headed for catastrophe financially and as a society. It's totally divided. It always was, everything north of London was left eviscerated by thatcher in the 80s. Massive wealth and opportunity gap. This result is a direct upshot of that divide.

Fri June 24, 2016 11:07 am

BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:Have you been following this campaign? The leave campaign was all based on racism and fear. Farage admitted this morning they lied and have no plan for what actually happens now. They had no idea it would actually be a leave result. And with Cameron stepping down? Political quagmire. Boris Johnson is not fit to be PM.

Scotland next, then Catalonia, then Quebec, then split the US down the middle. Independence for everyone!

Yeah, The two regions in Spain are going to look for gain from this.

Fri June 24, 2016 11:08 am

Petty Kingdoms for everyone!

Fri June 24, 2016 11:09 am

And there it is

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk ... um=twitter

Fri June 24, 2016 11:10 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:Petty Kingdoms for everyone!

Fiefdoms!! Fiefdoms for everyone!!

Fri June 24, 2016 11:13 am

dimejinky99 wrote:

Backyards! Backyards for everyone!

Fri June 24, 2016 11:13 am

Admit it, David. Despite being in the remain camp, if this move breaks up the UK irreparably you'll be a little happy about it, won't you?

Fri June 24, 2016 11:18 am

dimejinky99 wrote:

Burtland is one step closer to reality.

Fri June 24, 2016 11:20 am

Boris Johnson and Donald Trump as world leaders would make for some great hair-related jokes.

Fri June 24, 2016 11:23 am

this reaction is hilarious given that there is ample time to craft a fair withdrawal plan and negotiate new trade and tariff agreements. People are so angry without any context other than "oh no, I am associated with anti-immigrant people."

Fri June 24, 2016 11:34 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:Admit it, David. Despite being in the remain camp, if this move breaks up the UK irreparably you'll be a little happy about it, won't you?

Me? Well I support Scottish independence. It is as their first minister said, unacceptable that Scotland voted to remain but theyre overruled by being part of the U.K.
I've no interest in Northern Ireland unifying with the republic. It's a nice idea, but we can't afford it and the impetus or desire for that has long since disappeared nationwide. Only SF and their supporters want it. In fact they're demanding it but they have complete fairy tale notions about how it could be paid for and sustained.

Fri June 24, 2016 11:39 am

dimejinky99 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:Admit it, David. Despite being in the remain camp, if this move breaks up the UK irreparably you'll be a little happy about it, won't you?

Me? Well I support Scottish independence. It is as their first minister said, unacceptable that Scotland voted to remain but theyre overruled by being part of the U.K.
I've no interest in Northern Ireland unifying with the republic. It's a nice idea, but we can't afford it and the impetus or desire for that has long since disappeared nationwide. Only SF and their supporters want it. In fact they're demanding it but they have complete fairy tale notions about how it could be paid for and sustained.

These are exactly the things I've been meaning to talk with you about.

Fri June 24, 2016 11:52 am

Well worth reading. Farage, the main mouthpiece supporting the leave vote, admitting it was all based on bullshit.

http://www.joe.ie/news/farage-admits-th ... ign=Buffer

Fri June 24, 2016 11:54 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Pete. His report just got published. Saying reunification would be a brilliant thing for Ireland
http://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-northe ... =shortlink

Fri June 24, 2016 11:56 am

dimejinky99 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Pete. His report just got published. Saying reunification would be a brilliant thing for Ireland
http://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-northe ... =shortlink

But you're saying most people don't buy it?

Fri June 24, 2016 12:14 pm

People here dont want it. The militant RA heads in the lower socio economic areas, poorly educated if at all, want it. Nationally, if it were put to referendum tomorrow or even next year, it would be a no vote.

Fri June 24, 2016 12:17 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... ds-now-wa/

Looks like this hysterical overreaction could be headed for a EU meltdown. Buy China guys.
Post a reply