Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Brexit

Fri December 13, 2019 3:52 pm

so let's say that happens...is the UK no longer the UK, and it's just the countries of England and Wales? What if Wales says fuck it? Can they?

Fri December 13, 2019 4:01 pm

bune wrote:so let's say that happens...is the UK no longer the UK, and it's just the countries of England and Wales? What if Wales says fuck it? Can they?

Wales is on a level playing field as far as the right to Leave goes, compared to Scotland (I think). Interestingly, Labour still got an overall majority in Wales last night so maybe Brexit hasn't turned Wales insane after all. This is despite every county but Gwynedd and Anglesey being majority mono-lingual English speaking as well. Wales has a geography problem that Northern England is between it and Scotland. I'm still yet to find a break down on who won how many seats in Northern England, despite searching both the BBC and Google.

Fri December 13, 2019 4:10 pm

Wales is riddled with retired English. They’re often blamed for Wales voting leave in the referendum

**scotland will deffo have its referendum before NI&Ireland reunification

sturgeon is already all over it. It’ll be a very slow roll into Ireland’s. 2-5 years after its called and god knows when it’ll be called.
Apparently Johnson is planning to use it as leverage/a threat to Ireland when it comes to negotiations. This according to our own European brexit minister

Fri December 13, 2019 4:14 pm

I don't understand how any English person can go to Wales or Scotland and vote with such disrespect! I used to go on holiday to Gwynedd (one of the 2 bilingual counties) and never regarded myself as being in my own country, with a moral right to vote English imperialism down their throats! I guess maybe that's why English people eligible to vote are more put off (eg voting Yes independence, No Brexit etc) as they feel it's not their place. Fortunately that's started to be addressed in the Scottish independence movement for one.

Fri December 13, 2019 4:20 pm

Hmmmm

Fri December 13, 2019 7:02 pm

Fri December 13, 2019 8:21 pm

All the polling say otherwise. I think she should keep the powder dry and wait until brexit starts actually hurting.

But if Boris is confident it won’t pass, let them have it now and he’s nothing to worry about.

He won’t tough.

It fucks a great many people off me included that an entire country is held in ownership of another. It’s Fucking wrong.

Sat December 14, 2019 11:07 am

Great read

Sat December 14, 2019 12:15 pm

don’t worry the chinese will still buy up all your properties

Sat December 14, 2019 12:44 pm

96583UP wrote:don’t worry the chinese will still buy up all your properties

This thread is about brexit not Canada

Sat December 14, 2019 1:04 pm

the queen accepts cash or money order worldwide

Sat December 14, 2019 10:10 pm

As somebody with Scottish parents, I'm now kinda on board with #Indyref2.

Sun December 15, 2019 8:12 am

ABNorman wrote:As somebody with Scottish parents, I'm now kinda on board with #Indyref2.

That shouldn’t even be a kinda

Sun December 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Don’t worry team. A few more weeks of stories about Katie Price being bankrupt or I’m a celeb and this will all blow over.

Sat January 04, 2020 9:15 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Fuckin hell

Some good analysis of this (obviously erroneous) claim here:

https://velvetgloveironfist.blogspot.co ... -lies.html

Sat January 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:

It’s a Tory blog spenno. A blog. Of course they’ll say that.

If you really don’t think the Tories weren’t spending endless money on false ads under the behest of Cummings you weren’t paying attention at all

Sat January 04, 2020 9:38 pm

Owen Jones can be safely ignored.

Sat January 04, 2020 9:40 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

It’s a Tory blog spenno. A blog. Of course they’ll say that.

If you really don’t think the Tories weren’t spending endless money on false ads under the behest of Cummings you weren’t paying attention at all

If you had actually read it, you'd find the author acknowledges that a number of the Conservative ads were potentially misleading but that the widely-quoted statistic of "88% of Tory were found to be misleading, compared to 0% for Labour" (as above) doesn't stand up to any degree of scrutiny.

Fri January 31, 2020 4:58 am

Well. Today’s the day.

Fri January 31, 2020 7:17 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Well. Today’s the day.
What's the mood like over there?
Post a reply