The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 90  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42228
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm all for more self determination, though determining for yourself to run back into the arms of the Leviathon wouldn't be my advice.

Lot of personal experience with the EU yourself there, burt?

How's your experience with the EU? Your girlfriend doesn't count.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 12:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42228
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
I'm glad we're all in here in this thread speaking with personal experience.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43559
Location: Mountains
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm all for more self determination, though determining for yourself to run back into the arms of the Leviathon wouldn't be my advice.

Lot of personal experience with the EU yourself there, burt?

How's your experience with the EU? Your girlfriend doesn't count.

I like traveling throughout the EU. And i only know what i get from her and her family and friends back there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 1:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42228
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm all for more self determination, though determining for yourself to run back into the arms of the Leviathon wouldn't be my advice.

Lot of personal experience with the EU yourself there, burt?

How's your experience with the EU? Your girlfriend doesn't count.

I like traveling throughout the EU. And i only know what i get from her and her family and friends back there.

What does she think about Catalonia?

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43559
Location: Mountains
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm all for more self determination, though determining for yourself to run back into the arms of the Leviathon wouldn't be my advice.

Lot of personal experience with the EU yourself there, burt?

How's your experience with the EU? Your girlfriend doesn't count.

I like traveling throughout the EU. And i only know what i get from her and her family and friends back there.

What does she think about Catalonia?

Im not sure. Though I think she was just there this fall. I know her heart is in Calpe, near Valencia though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42228
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
If she's not pro independence she's probably a fascist.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31950
BurtReynolds wrote:
If she's not pro independence she's probably a fascist.



Burt :
EU is evil and wants to be a superstate controlling all Europe!

Also Burt:
Yeah but the EU don’t get involved with member states internal politics and wouldn’t look at Catalonia!


You haven’t a fucking clue you clown stick to your white supremacy forums and fuck off.


Or just at least read something. Anything.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42228
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
dont you have some star wars to talk about?

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19079
Brexit, Day 16383858

the multinational corporations have already left

the russian money laundering real estate purchases continue

when will it end

when

will
it end

wake me up when its over

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 2:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31950
The bizarre part

All the brexit party candidates have been mauled and ignored at the polls.

So it looks like Britains voters have adressed its rampant racism and just gone Tory.
Which is the same thing just less obvious.

Such a weird election. And we’re not finished.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 2:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31950
Fucking hell

Looks like Sinn feins John finucane has taken a historically long held DUP seat from Nigel dodds.

These names mean nothing to you.


It’s a very very big deal. Trust me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 2:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19079
this sounds exciting

we need some type of cultural attaché to translate for us

i want to say that simpletorture can do it

or if McP shifted gears and went straight euro for several months

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31950
This pretty much explains where the DUP now find themselves



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31950
96583UP wrote:
this sounds exciting

we need some type of cultural attaché to translate for us

i want to say that simpletorture can do it

or if McP shifted gears and went straight euro for several months



Where are we sending them?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 12:59 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:26 pm
Posts: 368
dimejinky99 wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Strat wrote:
Sounds like scotland won enough seats and will hold another vote for Independence and actually leave now so they can stay in the EU, yea?

Westminster (England) have to approve the vote and under the torrid the chances are slim.



While true within the constitution, they’re already readying a legal challenge. UN charter
Premise being every country has the right to self determination free of the dominion of another.

They’re being taken out of the Eu against their will. Eu has signaled they’ll be fast tracked back in. Especially now given Westminster giving them so much hassle last three years.

It’s only going one way.


I can't help wondering if this is what the Tories are engineering towards - Spain vetoes EU membership because Scotland left against UK's will?

_________________
Trump getting voted out in 2020 is now the last line of defence for the NHS.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31950
Let's all laugh at Rangers wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Strat wrote:
Sounds like scotland won enough seats and will hold another vote for Independence and actually leave now so they can stay in the EU, yea?

Westminster (England) have to approve the vote and under the torrid the chances are slim.



While true within the constitution, they’re already readying a legal challenge. UN charter
Premise being every country has the right to self determination free of the dominion of another.

They’re being taken out of the Eu against their will. Eu has signaled they’ll be fast tracked back in. Especially now given Westminster giving them so much hassle last three years.

It’s only going one way.


I can't help wondering if this is what the Tories are engineering towards - Spain vetoes EU membership because Scotland left against UK's will?



This is already covered last time. Spain has a constitutional right to Catalonia whereas England doesn’t on Scotland so the Spanish leader said they’d have no objections to Scotland rejoining.
Johnson has infinitely bigger problems in the EU w the negotiations upcoming and no way will the Eu allow themselves be used by him like that against Scotland. They’ll bend over backwards to let them in now. Johnson is detested in Eu HQ


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 1:45 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:26 pm
Posts: 368
dimejinky99 wrote:
Let's all laugh at Rangers wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Strat wrote:
Sounds like scotland won enough seats and will hold another vote for Independence and actually leave now so they can stay in the EU, yea?

Westminster (England) have to approve the vote and under the torrid the chances are slim.



While true within the constitution, they’re already readying a legal challenge. UN charter
Premise being every country has the right to self determination free of the dominion of another.

They’re being taken out of the Eu against their will. Eu has signaled they’ll be fast tracked back in. Especially now given Westminster giving them so much hassle last three years.

It’s only going one way.


I can't help wondering if this is what the Tories are engineering towards - Spain vetoes EU membership because Scotland left against UK's will?



This is already covered last time. Spain has a constitutional right to Catalonia whereas England doesn’t on Scotland so the Spanish leader said they’d have no objections to Scotland rejoining.
Johnson has infinitely bigger problems in the EU w the negotiations upcoming and no way will the Eu allow themselves be used by him like that against Scotland. They’ll bend over backwards to let them in now. Johnson is detested in Eu HQ


Wow, I didn't know that! :o Cheers.

_________________
Trump getting voted out in 2020 is now the last line of defence for the NHS.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19079
dimejinky99 wrote:
96583UP wrote:
this sounds exciting

we need some type of cultural attaché to translate for us

i want to say that simpletorture can do it

or if McP shifted gears and went straight euro for several months



Where are we sending them?


Their training will begin, shipwrecked on the coast of sicily, with only a few euro in hand and nothing else, where they must make their own way north to the european centre; completing bit jobs here and there and living the life of a migrant - until they can amass sufficient funds to secure transport to Oslo. There, they will live in ascetic devotion with Anders, immersed in the ways of the Nordics. From there, we will arrange transport via shipping vessel to the Republic of Ireland, where they will spend several months in intensive re-education with none other than yourself, on a series of socio-political themes each delivered through the lens of the classical elements. Then on the eve of the final day, there will be a pub crawl; and the next morning, eggs.

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 2:53 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8366
I think you two are being overly optimistic about Scotland being recognized as separate from the U.K. any time soon. I could see a reunified IE before that.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 3:19 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:26 pm
Posts: 368
Bi_3 wrote:
I think you two are being overly optimistic about Scotland being recognized as separate from the U.K. any time soon. I could see a reunified IE before that.


I think the former probably has to happen for the latter to happen. Scotland is a lot closer to Ireland than anywhere else in Britain, even though Wales sticks out to the West.

Edit - I meant Ireland before Scotland...

_________________
Trump getting voted out in 2020 is now the last line of defence for the NHS.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 90  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun September 27, 2020 11:09 am