Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Brexit

Thu December 12, 2019 10:48 pm

McParadigm wrote:People are so weird to me. I mentioned this vote to some people at work, and none of them had a hint of an idea what I was talking about. A moment that will have tremendous impact on the way the future unfolds. Macro level history in the making, regardless of the outcome.
How is your life made better or worse by tracking events you have no say in and will have very little impact on your day to day life? Why do you think your way of living is better than those who are occupied by other concerns? Because all I see yoru post as is one big self congratulatory slap on your back for keeping abreast of international politics. Do your possible blindspots in international news, maybe South African politics or events in Hong Kong and China make you a bad person?

Thu December 12, 2019 10:51 pm

Green Habit wrote:The person that runs this site is from the UK. This is his first tweet after polls closed.

There was a survey done of how you see the candidates as Hollywood characters. Remainders saw Boris as Homer Simpson while Leavers saw him as James Bond. The world has gone mad.

Thu December 12, 2019 11:09 pm

sounds scientific

Thu December 12, 2019 11:11 pm

SNP now own Scotland. They obliterated opposition.

Results from Northern Ireland yet to come.

The united kingdom is finished.

But spenno telling us it’s a wonderful victory.
I mean it is for Ireland and Scotland.

But it’s an utter disaster for Britain as the formerly most powerful nation in the world.

Thu December 12, 2019 11:22 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:But spenno telling us it’s a wonderful victory.

Que?

I said it was an astonishing success, which is hardly untrue.

Thu December 12, 2019 11:24 pm

It’s almost like people don’t want to vote for a hebollah-loving communist! Wonder if there’s a lesson for the US in there...

Thu December 12, 2019 11:29 pm

Good step forward, brits!

Thu December 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Rangi Guy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:Meanwhile the British pound rocketing at the markets.

The dark forces that brought this all about making billions right now.

So this thread has really turned into the 'Post any crap that you might be currently thinking about' thread huh?

Have a look up at farage and the ERG and the markets the night of the referendum.

Thu December 12, 2019 11:49 pm

I honestly don’t understand section 30. What I’ve read about it gives me the impression that London has the sway to prevent a referendum, but a lot of the analysis reads as if said referendum is now inevitable.

Thu December 12, 2019 11:50 pm

I keep hearing that people voted this way just to get Brexit over with. Is that true? If so, that sounds like the most British thing ever.

Thu December 12, 2019 11:52 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:I keep hearing that people voted this way just to get Brexit over with. Is that true? If so, that sounds like the most British thing ever.

Second only to saying “I’d rather not” instead of “eat shit.”

Thu December 12, 2019 11:55 pm

Sounds like scotland won enough seats and will hold another vote for Independence and actually leave now so they can stay in the EU, yea?

Thu December 12, 2019 11:56 pm

And the words they’ll get what they deserve. The fact that everyone is going to suffer doesn’t seem to register

Thu December 12, 2019 11:57 pm

Strat wrote:Sounds like scotland won enough seats and will hold another vote for Independence and actually leave now so they can stay in the EU, yea?

Westminster (England) have to approve the vote and under the torrid the chances are slim.

Thu December 12, 2019 11:58 pm

Best auto correct ever. Meant to write Tories

Fri December 13, 2019 12:02 am

LetMeSleep wrote:
Strat wrote:Sounds like scotland won enough seats and will hold another vote for Independence and actually leave now so they can stay in the EU, yea?

Westminster (England) have to approve the vote and under the torrid the chances are slim.

While true within the constitution, they’re already readying a legal challenge. UN charter
Premise being every country has the right to self determination free of the dominion of another.

They’re being taken out of the Eu against their will. Eu has signaled they’ll be fast tracked back in. Especially now given Westminster giving them so much hassle last three years.

It’s only going one way.

Fri December 13, 2019 12:08 am

I'm all for more self determination, though determining for yourself to run back into the arms of the Leviathan wouldn't be my advice.
Last edited by BurtReynolds on Fri December 13, 2019 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri December 13, 2019 12:22 am

BurtReynolds wrote:I'm all for more self determination, though determining for yourself to run back into the arms of the Leviathon wouldn't be my advice.

Lot of personal experience with the EU yourself there, burt?

Fri December 13, 2019 12:27 am

BurtReynolds wrote:I'm all for more self determination, though determining for yourself to run back into the arms of the Leviathon wouldn't be my advice.

You’re that idiot kid that when his mom asked him if all the kids jumped off into the broken glass like would you do it too?

You would it seems.

Understand your fear about Europe though. Biggest and most dynamic trading block in the world. Little wonder China and russia are afraid of it.

Sad that the US won’t even be a player soon enough

Fri December 13, 2019 12:34 am

Post a reply