The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brexit
PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 1:19 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
May we live in interesting times n all that.

Way too late not to

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 1:22 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

this will make the UK all the more dependent on dirty russian real estate purchases

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 1:41 am 
what on earth am I talking about

96583UP wrote:
this will make the UK all the more dependent on dirty russian real estate purchases

London and the upper class ruling elite are riddled with Russian oligarchs and their money.
They made one a lord a few weeks back ffs. Will be interesting to see if they run outta there when This goes tits up. Which it already is.

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 12:16 pm 

All that ‘taking back control’ didn’t include food, apparently

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 12:47 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

London and the upper class ruling elite are riddled with Russian oligarchs and their money.
They made one a lord a few weeks back ffs. Will be interesting to see if they run outta there when This goes tits up. Which it already is.

without common market participation the UK will need to turn into a tax haven to attract economic activity

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 1:21 pm 

96583UP wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

without common market participation the UK will need to turn into a tax haven to attract economic activity

I’m not sure that they can. Dublin is the go to in Europe for that. Latest estimate is there’s about a trillion euro gets funnelled through here annually by all kinds of corporations and funds to avoid tax as we’ve stupid but purpose built loopholes to allow avoidance.

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 5:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
96583UP wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

I’m not sure that they can. Dublin is the go to in Europe for that. Latest estimate is there’s about a trillion euro gets funnelled through here annually by all kinds of corporations and funds to avoid tax as we’ve stupid but purpose built loopholes to allow avoidance.

then they’ll need to whore out even more

or re-invade India

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 9:47 pm 

Looks like a deal is to be announced.
It’s a piss poor deal for the British and Boris is going to have to scramble to find a way to bluster and blag and sell it as a victory.
How does a PM stand in front of a country that is sick of him, And disgusted with him and his party, and sell a deal which makes his country poorer, destroys its economy, brings millions of job losses and cuts off all access to its citizens being able to travel live or get educated in European countries, as a victory?

That’s what the frantic bullshitters are trying to compile into a speech, right now this very moment.

PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 3:22 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

So, there's basically a customs border between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK now? United Ireland here we come

PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 3:28 pm 
Poster of the Year

Customs checks in the Irish sea, not on the border on the island, from what I've read quickly this morning

PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 4:06 pm 

Customs checks east west NI to GB.

NI remains In the single market. It’s effectively an economic United Ireland.
Now just to make it official. That’ll take a couple years though.

It’s certainly the beginning of the end of the UK

PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 4:11 pm 

I love this :)

Scottish independence is up next.

PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 4:30 pm 

Here’s the big hits.
They pulled out of Erasmus. British kids won’t be able to study abroad. It’s just sickening and all so pointless and self defeating.

PostPosted: Fri December 25, 2020 1:22 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Surely this is the moment the UK will sink into the ocean because of Brexit.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri December 25, 2020 3:05 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

at least when the U.S. went full-retard populism 4 years ago most stupid policies can be reversed post-election

England went full-retard populism 4 years ago and now there won't be a UK anymore

PostPosted: Fri December 25, 2020 6:51 am 

96583UP wrote:
at least when the U.S. went full-retard populism 4 years ago most stupid policies can be reversed post-election

England went full-retard populism 4 years ago and now there won't be a UK anymore

You just distilled it all down into a perfect nutshell. It’s awful.
Not one thing. not one, will be better for Britain after this.
But hey. Sovereignty! As if that’s some quantifiable tangible quality that will improve people’s lives somehow.

I’m gutted for all my friends and family there right now. And for Scotland and Wales.

PostPosted: Sun December 27, 2020 12:02 am 

Northern Ireland and it’s future has been abandoned by the British. As evidenced by their pulling out of Erasmus.

Irish government steps in.

PostPosted: Sun December 27, 2020 2:30 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

well if there is a silver lining here it will be for an independent Scotland and a united Ireland, looking back 5 years from now, as members of the EU

but England becomes a Russian client state

PostPosted: Sun December 27, 2020 3:26 am 
jeeeesus relax already

I wonder if Germany is thinking about doing the same.

PostPosted: Thu December 31, 2020 12:07 am 

You can freely laugh at this given you’re all at a remove.

But this is happening. The DUP campaigned for it. And now...
It would be hilarious if it didn’t cause chaos for every single person and business in Northern Ireland

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 97  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate