The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
well I mean besides running down people in a van or blowing up 12 year old girls.

but it's like the third worst thing.


im assuming you have the solution!

It's not like there aren't solutions, Strat - they're just not pretty.

Just wait until they confirm, as is almost always the case, that the perpetrators of this incident were "known to authorities".

I agree with you but my point is nothing we do will stop this from happening. Its a new way of life. Im not saying dont do anything but....

Its whack a mole.

Lot less moles in our cozy little ski towns, amirite?


I think i have a new mole on my belly that i need to get checked out :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
well I mean besides running down people in a van or blowing up 12 year old girls.

but it's like the third worst thing.


im assuming you have the solution!

It's not like there aren't solutions, Strat - they're just not pretty.

Just wait until they confirm, as is almost always the case, that the perpetrators of this incident were "known to authorities".

I agree with you but my point is nothing we do will stop this from happening. Its a new way of life. Im not saying dont do anything but....

Its whack a mole.

Lot less moles in our cozy little ski towns, amirite?


I think i have a new mole on my belly that i need to get checked out :(


Also our biggest problem here is white dudes who think they can grow a city's worth of weed because its "legal" here and have nothing short of a military level worth of firearms.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10615
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Piss poor US and U.K. Foreign policy coming back to bite them.

What a comfort this must be to the families of those young girls killed in Manchester last week and those killed in London just now.

Dime has made lots of posts caring and being scared for everyone involved. . he has friends and family there.

He's not wrong with the above post either.

He is wrong, though. Most of these crazed Islamic dickheads probably couldn't find Syria on a map, they were born and raised in London or Paris or wherever else. It's a cowardly, defeatist position to think this would all stop if we would only leave the Middle East alone.

This isn't our fault and this shouldn't be acceptable to any reasonable person.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Piss poor US and U.K. Foreign policy coming back to bite them.

What a comfort this must be to the families of those young girls killed in Manchester last week and those killed in London just now.

Dime has made lots of posts caring and being scared for everyone involved. . he has friends and family there.

He's not wrong with the above post either.

He is wrong, though. Most of these crazed Islamic dickheads probably couldn't find Syria on a map, they were born and raised in London or Paris or wherever else. It's a cowardly, defeatist position to think this would all stop if we would only leave the Middle East alone.

This isn't our fault and this shouldn't be acceptable to any reasonable person.


wut


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Piss poor US and U.K. Foreign policy coming back to bite them.

What a comfort this must be to the families of those young girls killed in Manchester last week and those killed in London just now.

Dime has made lots of posts caring and being scared for everyone involved. . he has friends and family there.

He's not wrong with the above post either.

He is wrong, though. Most of these crazed Islamic dickheads probably couldn't find Syria on a map, they were born and raised in London or Paris or wherever else. It's a cowardly, defeatist position to think this would all stop if we would only leave the Middle East alone.

This isn't our fault and this shouldn't be acceptable to any reasonable person.

Most of these crazed dickheads travel to syria and the middle east and that is why" that the perpetrators of this incident were "known to authorities".

As you stated. Dont be so naive


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
And no it wouldnt stop if we left the middle east alone. We've already done enough damage over the last 40 years but it is absolutely partly our fault, along with thousands of years of religious bullshit.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:52 am 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 26724
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
One thing's for sure, though: I had nothing to do with this

_________________
Anders wrote:
Doesn’t matter what gender you are when it comes to matters of the heart.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30316
Location: Mountains
theplatypus wrote:
One thing's for sure, though: I had nothing to do with this

You are rich. Its always the fault of the rich. Of course you had something to do with it!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28594
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
If the early death count is accurate, then these guys were shockingly incompetent at murdering people.

_________________
Gravity is pseudo science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2199
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Piss poor US and U.K. Foreign policy coming back to bite them.

What a comfort this must be to the families of those young girls killed in Manchester last week and those killed in London just now.


Yeah... I would propose that maybe in these cases when someone screams the modern Islamist battle cry as they are blowing up kids with nail bombs or mowing down tourists on a bridge or shooting up political cartoonists they don't necessarily mean "because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of the violent conflict between Western powers and the Islamic peoples of the middle east and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known". They might just mean "Allahu Akbar".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17264
ITS A TRAP!

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 12488
Did they arrest Jorge yet?

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 12488
Bi_3 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Piss poor US and U.K. Foreign policy coming back to bite them.

What a comfort this must be to the families of those young girls killed in Manchester last week and those killed in London just now.


Yeah... I would propose that maybe in these cases when someone screams the modern Islamist battle cry as they are blowing up kids with nail bombs or mowing down tourists on a bridge or shooting up political cartoonists they don't necessarily mean "because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of the violent conflict between Western powers and the Islamic peoples of the middle east and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known". They might just mean "Allahu Akbar".

You mean when a rural laborer says "Because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of immigration between poorer and wealthier nations, and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known," they might just mean "Fuck Mexicans?"

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 8:57 pm 
Online
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3096
Location: Oslo, Norway
We have to stand up against terrorism and attempted genocide no matter where it happens. Saying that we shouldn't because of terrorist attacks, is letting them win. IS has to be stopped, and we should not let dictators kill millions freely either.

Stopping all terrorist attacks may not be possible, but there has to be a tougher crackdown on extremist environments. How often hasn't the terrorist been known to the police?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 9:19 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2199
McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Piss poor US and U.K. Foreign policy coming back to bite them.

What a comfort this must be to the families of those young girls killed in Manchester last week and those killed in London just now.


Yeah... I would propose that maybe in these cases when someone screams the modern Islamist battle cry as they are blowing up kids with nail bombs or mowing down tourists on a bridge or shooting up political cartoonists they don't necessarily mean "because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of the violent conflict between Western powers and the Islamic peoples of the middle east and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known". They might just mean "Allahu Akbar".

You mean when a rural laborer says "Because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of immigration between poorer and wealthier nations, and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known," they might just mean "Fuck Mexicans?"


To be fair, the number of Shakira concerts that have ended with a rural laborer shredding an eight year old Mexican girl via explosive nail bomb is well... lower... but, yes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 12488
Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Piss poor US and U.K. Foreign policy coming back to bite them.

What a comfort this must be to the families of those young girls killed in Manchester last week and those killed in London just now.


Yeah... I would propose that maybe in these cases when someone screams the modern Islamist battle cry as they are blowing up kids with nail bombs or mowing down tourists on a bridge or shooting up political cartoonists they don't necessarily mean "because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of the violent conflict between Western powers and the Islamic peoples of the middle east and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known". They might just mean "Allahu Akbar".

You mean when a rural laborer says "Because of the failure of the host culture to integrate and support mine and after an exhaustive review of the historical, economic, and sociopolitical consequences of immigration between poorer and wealthier nations, and conversations with spiritual and community leaders, I have come to the conclusion that I have no other choice to make my dissatisfaction with past and present policy known," they might just mean "Fuck Mexicans?"


To be fair, the number of Shakira concerts that have ended with a rural laborer shredding an eight year old Mexican girl via explosive nail bomb is well... lower... but, yes.

Well we do spend a lot less time bombing the Plains states. In fact, with the obsession we have with rural voters in America, and the influence that America's policies have worldwide, the collective voice of rural America is among the most disproportionately empowered voices on earth...and they're still mad all the time.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2199
McParadigm wrote:
Well we do spend a lot less time bombing the Plains states. In fact, with the obsession we have with rural voters in America, and the influence that America's policies have worldwide, the collective voice of rural America is among the most disproportionately empowered voices on earth...and they're still mad all the time.



That is quite true. The power of swing states in the US to cause often unnecessary violence globally is problematic. But I don't want to argue with you man, I respect your opinions here and have learned from your posts. That post was just my jerky way of saying that projecting our western liberal ethos and moral systems on other cultures isn't always going to yield good results. Sometimes people actually are religiously motivated psychopaths and when they express exactly that during their violent actions, we should consider taking them at their word rather than trying to work backwards how we would get to that point and assuming they would think/act the same.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 12488
Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Well we do spend a lot less time bombing the Plains states. In fact, with the obsession we have with rural voters in America, and the influence that America's policies have worldwide, the collective voice of rural America is among the most disproportionately empowered voices on earth...and they're still mad all the time.



That is quite true. The power of swing states in the US to cause often unnecessary violence globally is problematic. But I don't want to argue with you man, I respect your opinions here and have learned from your posts. That post was just my jerky way of saying that projecting our western liberal ethos and moral systems on other cultures isn't always going to yield good results. Sometimes people actually are religiously motivated psychopaths and when they express exactly that during their violent actions, we should consider taking them at their word rather than trying to work backwards how we would get to that point and assuming they would think/act the same.

I agree. I think your point was absolutely true about most individuals. Societal issues are almost universally complex, but most actors within them tend to be less so.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28594
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Phrasing

_________________
Gravity is pseudo science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2017 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10615


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue October 24, 2017 6:02 am