The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: The War on Terror /Central Asia/Mid East/Africa thread
PostPosted: Fri September 06, 2013 10:47 pm 
Future Drummer

:shake:

Man, it must suck to be president.

PostPosted: Sun September 08, 2013 5:38 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Alex Jones reports WWIII imminent. South Carolina to be nuked. stand by...

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon September 09, 2013 3:32 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnekdahl/14-p ... y-hav-a1x1

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon September 09, 2013 5:05 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

BurtReynolds wrote:

:/

Looks like Putin might be saving the day!

PostPosted: Mon September 09, 2013 6:16 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnekdahl/14-principled-anti-war-celebrities-we-fear-may-hav-a1x1

TheHollywoodReporter wrote:
Also, said Asner, unsuccessful efforts to prevent war in Iraq led to complacency among left-wing activists.

"We had a million people in the streets, for Christ's sake, protesting Iraq, which was about as illegal as you could find. Did it matter? Is George Bush being tried in the high courts of justice?" asks Asner. "We've been so God-damned stung in this country by false wars, repeatedly, that, how can you believe in any just war with the history we have had?"

Another reason some Hollywood progressives have been reticent to speak out against war in Syria, according to Asner, is fear of being called racist.

"A lot of people don't want to feel anti-black by being opposed to Obama," he said.

A+ doublethink at work.

PostPosted: Mon September 09, 2013 6:26 pm 
Rank This Poster

PostPosted: Mon September 09, 2013 6:37 pm 
Future Drummer

Susan Rice wrote:
"Our overarching goal is to end the underlying conflict through a negotiated, political transition in which Assad leaves power"

It must be hard to defend that goal when the posts keep moving.

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 1:07 am 
Technical Overlord

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

:/

Looks like Putin might be saving the day!

At the very least, he won't wear a shirt.

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 5:49 am 
A Return To Form

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1soDiUMeFY

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 12:46 pm 
AnalLog

psychobain wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 1:30 pm 
Future Drummer

German Intel Report: Intercepts caught Assad rejecting requests to use chemical weapons
Syria: Accepted Russia's proposal to place its chemical weapons under international control for subsequent dismantling.

Carney: Tonight Obama will be seeking support for strike in Syria.

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 1:55 pm 
AnalLog

broken iris wrote:
German Intel Report: Intercepts caught Assad rejecting requests to use chemical weapons
Syria: Accepted Russia's proposal to place its chemical weapons under international control for subsequent dismantling.

Why? Until there is a deal, there is no deal, so you keep moving on.

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 2:06 pm 
Future Drummer

Fuck You Jobu wrote:
broken iris wrote:

Towards war? If there is a chance for peace you should take it, especially if Syria has said they will allow the international agencies to take control of their chemical weapons.

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 2:49 pm 
AnalLog

broken iris wrote:
Fuck You Jobu wrote:
broken iris wrote:

Towards war? If there is a chance for peace you should take it, especially if Syria has said they will allow the international agencies to take control of their chemical weapons.

Who says they aren't going to take it? The threat of war is what has pushed this deal and will be needed to complete it.

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 4:53 pm 
Future Drummer

Fuck You Jobu wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Fuck You Jobu wrote:
broken iris wrote:

Who says they aren't going to take it? The threat of war is what has pushed this deal and will be needed to complete it.

If I had to guess, and I am no policy wonk, just a troll on a PJ board, it was the chance to embarrass the US in the middle east that drove this, not the threat of war.

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 5:29 pm 
AnalLog

broken iris wrote:
Fuck You Jobu wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Fuck You Jobu wrote:
broken iris wrote:

If I had to guess, and I am no policy wonk, just a troll on a PJ board, it was the chance to embarrass the US in the middle east that drove this, not the threat of war.

Perhaps, but again, what if it's not?

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 7:25 pm 
Future Drummer

It's almost like you don't want to comment on anything anymore, because who knows? We're all just trolls here.

But it'd make sense that Assad's (and his allies) only defense is to embarass the U.S. And with Obama's amateurish handling of the situation, that's not hard to do.

And I must say, as embarrassingly indecisive as Obama has been in handling this, I do like him weighing the options.

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 7:31 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Harry Lime wrote:
It's almost like you don't want to comment on anything anymore, because who knows? We're all just trolls here.

But it'd make sense that Assad's (and his allies) only defense is to embarass the U.S. And with Obama's amateurish handling of the situation, that's not hard to do.

And I must say, as embarrassingly indecisive as Obama has been in handling this, I do like him weighing the options.

I don't think Obama is weighing any options, he's made up his mind and wants to attack Syria. They spent the entire weekend saying there was no political solution and then Russia seized on Kerry's offhand remark to make the US look like idiots. Obama has no choice but to go through the motions of looking like he's weighing options. Whats going to happen is the US is going to make so many demands at the UN that China and Russia refuse to go along with the US and we're back to square one, lobbing missiles. Obama is clearly not a soccer fan scheduling his address at 9PM.

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 7:35 pm 
Future Drummer

shinkdew wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

I don't think Obama is weighing any options, he's made up his mind and wants to attack Syria. They spent the entire weekend saying there was no political solution and then Russia seized on Kerry's offhand remark to make the US look like idiots. Obama has no choice but to go through the motions of looking like he's weighing options. Whats going to happen is the US is going to make so many demands at the UN that China and Russia refuse to go along with the US and we're back to square one, lobbing missiles. Obama is clearly not a soccer fan scheduling his address at 9PM.

He's a good, proper American. Monday Night Football is over. Now it's time to do the address. Soccer :haha:

PostPosted: Tue September 10, 2013 11:51 pm 
Future Drummer

shinkdew wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

I think he's smarter and better advised than W. was, so I gotta believe he wants the diplomatic solution on the table given the momentum against a strike. Fox News was on at the gym and they were theorizing, as Fox is want to do, that maybe this is a scripted act to make Putin look good as part of some larger deal to address Iran later. Seems dumb at first glance, but the government just happen to approve the huge Smithfield sale to China today, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that backroom deals are going down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate